Custom ROMs have many issues and bugs with them. Although they can give a complete new experience, still there are more chances that something or the other issue will be there in each one of them. This is mostly observed in the latest ROMs like the recently launched Android 4.4 KitKat. A low-end device like Galaxy Fit S5670 has stopped getting further official updates after Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread.
This was due to poor hardware and RAM compatibility that this device had. But due to the presence of third party android developers, it is possible for the fit users to experience all those newly launched Android versions on their device. But neither of these ROMs was stable. Every one had something or the other fault in them.
But this time I am here with a completely stable custom ROM named Mini Cyanogenmod especially for Galaxy Fit users. The working list is given below. And by looking at it, you can see that everything works in this ROM. This Mini Cyanogenmod ROM is completely stable and has no issues. Still, you face any, just inform us.
Proceed at your own risk. Neither we at Droid Thunder nor the developers will be responsible for any damage.
This ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy Fit with the model number GT-S5670. Installing this unofficial custom firmware on any other device or variant might brick your phone.
- Charge your phone to at least 50%.
- Backup your important phone data and settings before going further.
- Ensure to enable the USB Debugging mode on your phone.
- Also, backup EFS folder present in your phones system directory.
- Install the latest Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Root Galaxy Fit and install CWM recovery.
Steps to install Mini Cyanogenmod ROM Galaxy Fit GT-S5670:
- Copy both the downloaded files on your phone.
- You can disconnect the phone from PC now.
- Switch it off completely and enter into recovery mode. For the same, press & hold ‘Home Button (middle button) + Power Button’ simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
- Touch won’t work here in the recovery. So all you need to do is use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Home button for selection.
- Furthermore, make a complete Nandroid backup of your current ROM.
- Let’s move to the actual Mini Cyanogenmod ROM installation process now.
- On the main menu of recovery mode, you’ll find an option named ‘install zip from SD card’. Select it using the Home button.
- On the next screen select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option which will show all the files and folders located on your phones external SD card.
- Moreover, navigate to the Mini Cyanogenmod ROM which you’ve copied earlier & select it.
- Press ‘Yes’ option on the next page to confirm the installation. You’ll see that the ROM flashing has started.
- Be patient until it completes.
- The flashing process will hardly complete in few minutes.
- Navigate to the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it.
- Similarly do it for ‘wipe cache partition’ option on the recovery mode. Both these options will clear the entire data & cache present of your phones internal memory.
- Now flash the Google Apps (containing Play Store, Gmail, etc.) in the same way as you’ve flashed the ROM package.
- But most importantly do not wipe data/cache after flashing them.
- You may restart your phone now. Just navigate to the ‘reboot system now’ option and select it.
- The first boot will take more time to start than usual.
- If you want to restore back your previous Rom, then you can do that by going back to the recovery mode by pressing & holding Home Button (middle button) + Power Button simultaneously and select ‘Backup and Restore’ option and then on next page select ‘Restore’ option. Select the ROM you want to restore.
Finally! You have successfully flashed the Mini Cyanogenmod ROM based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670. For any questions related to this article, kindly comment below.