Many third party Android developers are busy in developing the recently announced Android 5.0 Lollipop OS on different smartphones. As only the flagship devices with some devastating features will get the Android L update officially the other low end devices have only one option to experience this new update. Yes it is via the unofficial Custom ROMs. The Smartphones for which these Lollipop updates aren’t available yet, are expected to get the same in few months. Meanwhile, many third party Android developers are working hard to roll out Custom ROMs. This way you can possibly enjoy the new advanced features on your device.It was a year ago when the Samsung Company launched Galaxy Core i8262 in the market. This smartphone was a combination of best available specs and a completely redesigned Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS. It was appreciated by all.
The 1.2GHz dual core processor and 1GB RAM that this phone had made it quite famous within a few months of its release. It boasts a 4.3-inch capacitive touch screen, a 5 megapixel camera, GPRS, 3G, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 1800 mAh battery, 8 GB built-in storage, and up to 32 GB memory expansion were some of its noticeable features.When Google unveiled the Android 5.0 Lollipop, everyone had a hope that this latest update will definitely arrive for the impressive Galaxy Core i8262 smartphone. But there was disappointment all over when Google decided that it was time to put an end to support this device. The Core i8262 users had no chances to experience the Lollipop flavor on their device. This is when the development team took a major step and launched the stable Lollipop Custom ROM named Lollicop for Samsung Galaxy Core i8262 smartphone. This ROM is stable, fast and almost bug free. You can check out some of its features an changelogs.
- Phone, Contacts, Calculator re-designed
- Removed Factory Reset in Settings
- Added K-Pop Style Statusbar Pulldown
- S.Planner added
- Added white Settings
- Removed AM/PM in Status Bar and Pulldown
- Added Lollipop Icons
- Pre-Rooted SuperSU-v3.1.3
- Complete Non-Transparent ROM
- Added multi Window
- Added Semi Trident Transparent Status Bar
- Added white LolliPop Icons in Status Bar
- LolliPop Bootanimation added
- Dalvik Tweaks
- Wireless Speed Increase Tweak
- Camera Tweaks
- 3G Tweaks
- Battery Tweaks
- GUI Tweaks
- Signal Tweaks
- Tesla LED Included for Flashlight
- Better Internet Speed Tweak
- Media Tweaks
- Pure Performance X
- init.d Support
- Better Video Streaming
- Smooth Scrolling
- ADB Notification Icon Disabled
- Better Call Voice Quality
This Android 5.0 Lollicop Custom ROM update given below for Galaxy Core i8262 is risky and must be performed with an attentive mind. So I recommend to perform everything as it is mentioned without performing anything by your own. If you are new to this stuff and don’t know what you are doing then I suggest you to stop right at this point. This method is only for those advanced users who have complete knowledge of this thing. If your Galaxy Core i8262 gets damaged by using this guide then neither I nor the developers of this Android L ROM will be held liable for that. Still I assure you that no damage will occur to your Galaxy Core i8262. Just follow every step correctly and without any mistake.
This Android 5.0 Lollicop Custom ROM is only compatible with Samsung Galaxy Core having the model number i8262. Don’t even think of flashing this on any other device or variant as it may damage or brick your phone. Check that you are having the same phone as mentioned above. You can confirm that from Homescreen–> Menu–>Settings –> About Phone.
- Ensure that your Galaxy Core i8262 has a good battery life. Charge it at least upto 60% so as to lower the chances of interruption during the flashing process.
- Backup your phone data and settings including contacts, messages, call logs, memos etc. This is important as in the last step of this flashing process you need to clear all the data and cache from your phones internal memory.
- A very sensitive folder called EFS is present in your system directory which must be backed up before flashing any ROM. This folder contains all your phones specific information such as the IMEI, wireless devices MAC addresses, product code, and much more. If you flash a ROM without backing up this folder then there is always a risk that this EFS folder might get corrupted. If so happened, your device will be completely useless & will no longer be recognized by your carrier. Refer our article to backup and restore EFS/IMEI data:
- Make sure you have installed mobile specific drivers on your PC. This is important to recognize your Galaxy Core i8262 when connected via USB cable. You can install them by installing Samsung Kies or manually install them from the link given below:
- Make sure that your Galaxy Core is rooted. Also ensure that you have installed a recovery like Clockworkmod (CWM) or TWRP before proceeding further. Refer this article for the same:
Let’s move to the actual Android 5.0 Lollicop ROM flashing process now.
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy Core i8262 to Android 5.0 Lollicop ROM:
Step 1: Download the ROM package file in a specific folder on your PC. Remember not to extract it. Then connect your Core i8262 to PC using USB cable, enable USB debugging mode and transfer the ROM package file on your phones external SD card. Do not place them in deep directories.
Step 2: Next disconnect your Core i8262 from PC and switch it off completely until it vibrates.
Step 3: Boot into recovery mode now. For Galaxy Core, recovery mode can be entered by pressing and holding Volume up + Home button (middle button) + Power button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
Note: Touch does not work in recovery. So you need to use Volume up and down keys for navigation and Home button for selection.
As in enter the recovery, take a nandroid backup first. Basically nandroid backup is a backup of your entire operating system & is much essential in case if this installation fails or some problem occurs, then you can easily restore your saved previous ROM from the CWM recovery.
Refer our detailed article for taking Nandroid backup:
Step 4: To take a complete nandroid backup, navigate to the ‘backup & restore’ option on the recovery mode and select it using home button. Then on the next screen select ‘backup’ option. This will make a complete nandroid backup of your current ROM.
Step 5: After taking a complete nandroid backup, return to the main menu of recovery and navigate to the ‘install zip from SD card ‘ option & select it using Home button. On the next screen select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option. As soon as you select it, all the files present on your external SD card will be shown. So using Volume keys navigate to the Android 5.0 Lollicop ROM package file which you’ve copied earlier and select it using Home button. Select ‘Yes’ option on the next screen to initiate the Android L ROM flashing process. Wait until the process completes fully.
Step 6: Now select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option followed by ‘wipe cache partition’ option on the recovery mode. This will wipe out all your data & caches from the phones memory respectively. So remember to backup everything before doing this step.
Step 7: Now similarly flash the GApps zip file as you’ve installed the custom ROM. Just remember not to wipe data after that.
Step 8: Just restart your device now by selecting ‘reboot system now’ option from the recovery mode. You’ll notice that the first boot takes more time to start than usual.
Note: If you don’t like this ROM and want to restore back your previous Rom you can do that by simply going back to the recovery mode by holding Volume up + Home button (middle button) + Power Button simultaneously. Select ‘Backup and Restore’ option and on next screen select ‘Restore’ option to restore the ROM you want.
How to Change picture in Status bar live tiles:
Step 1: Firstly create your image file in .PNG format size of 106×100 pixel.
Step 2: Rename it with my_prof_normal.png.
Step 3: Get your SystemUI.apk and copy it on your PC.
Step 4: Then open it using 7zip.
Step 5: From 7zip, go to res/drawable-mdpi
Step 6: Then drag your image file “my_prof_normal.png” inside the 7zip window and overwrite it.
Step 7: Close 7zip, push it to /system/app & set permission to rw-r–r–
Step 8: That’s all. Just reboot your phone once.
You can refer our article for flashing the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXBNC1 firmware on Galaxy Core i8262:
Wooho! The Android 5.0 Lollipop based ROM has been successfully flashed on your Samsung Galaxy Core i8262. You may confirm the same from Menu->Settings->About Phone. Enjoy and experience the newly added Lollipop features with this ROM. If you have any problem, suggestions or issues then inform me through the comments. Till then Enjoy! 🙂