Install FIT-Sense Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Fit GT-S5670 with this article. If you are looking for a complete stable, fast and full featured custom ROM for your Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670 then you are at the right place. FIT-Sense Custom ROM v2.0 is out for Fit users. This ROM is based on the most downloaded and preferred Cyanogenmod. It has a completely new TouchWiz UI, beats music player, overclocking options, better battery backup and more customization features. Many bloatwares are replaced by tons of different features. It has the type of polish and support that makes it easy to fall in love with. All the Credit goes to Gautamniwas, CM team and Adissan. Its screenshots and features are given below. Check them out.
- Much Stable and Fast.
- Highly Customizable options.
- Overclocking upto 801 MHz is possible.
- Best ever Graphics.
- Based on Cyanogenmod.
- All bugs cleared.
- Like never before Smooth UI.
- Visual effects have been increased.
- Games and working very smoothly.
- No lag.
- Improved kernel performance
- Much better battery backup.
- Beats Music Player added for best sound experience.
- Google Apps included.
- Added new scripts.
- Added new Keyboard instead of HTC IME.
- Wifi bug cleared.
So you’ll notice that everything works in this ROM. A stable, fast and much customizable ROM is waiting for you. This FIT-Sense ROM is completely has no bugs or issues. Still you face any, just inform us. Many of its further versions are yet to release. They will surely contain more advanced features and customization options. Note that this update given below for flashing FIT-Sense ROM on Galaxy Fit is considered to be of much risk & must be performed with much attention. If you are not an experienced android user and are performing this for the first time then I suggest you to stop right at this point. A wrong move by you and your device is gone. It may get permanently damaged. Only the advanced android users who have gone through such thing before are allowed to proceed further. If by mistake your Galaxy Fit gets damaged or bricked by following this guide then neither we nor the developers of this ROM will be held responsible for that. Although the chances that such disaster will happen are least still I highly recommend you to follow all the given procedure step by step properly and without attempting anything by your own. Note that this update is only compatible for Samsung Galaxy Fit bearing the model number GT-S5670. Installing this update on any other device or variant may result into unwanted outcomes or bricked device. You can verify your device model number with the number given above from Homescreen–> Menu–>Settings –> About Phone.
- It is recommended to charge the battery of your Galaxy Fit at least up to 70%. Lack of battery power may interrupt the flashing process thus leading further problems.
- Before proceeding further, make a complete backup of all your important data including contacts, messages, memos, apn settings and call logs etc. Either transfer them on SD card/PC. All this is essential as in the last step of this flashing process you need to clear all the data and cache from your phone internal memory.
- This ROM must NOT be flashed on Android 2.2/2.2.3 Froyo. Flash Android 2.3 Gingerbread first then install this ROM. For flashing Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread refer our article:
- There is a folder present in your system directory called EFS folder which must be backed up. This is very highly recommended as this folder contains all your phones specific information such as the IMEI, wireless devices MAC addresses, product code, and much more. There is always a risk that sometimes flashing ROM may corrupt the content within this EFS folder. If so happened, your device will be completely useless & will no longer be recognized by your carrier.
- For detecting your device when connected to PC through USB cable, it is must to install the mobile specific drivers. You can install them by installing Samsung Kies or manually install them from the link given below:
- Ensure that your Galaxy Fit is rooted. Also a Custom recovery like CWM must be installed on your phone. You may refer our article for rooting & installing CWM recovery on Galaxy Fit.
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy Fit GT-S5670 with FIT-Sense Custom ROM:
Step 1: After successfully downloading the ROM package file on PC, connect your Galaxy Fit to PC using USB cable. Enable USB debugging mode and transfer the package file (without extracting) on your phones external SD card. Remember not to place it in deep directories.
Step 2: Now safely disconnect the phone from PC.
Step 3: Power off your phone completely. You need to enter into recovery mode now. For the same, press & hold ‘Home Button (middle button) + Power Button’ simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
Note: Touch won’t work here in recovery. So all you need to do is use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Home button for selection.
Step 4: Make a complete nandroid backup of your entire operating system. This is much useful in case if this installation fails or some if some problem occurs. Then it will be much easy for you since you have a complete backup of your current ROM.
Refer our detailed article for taking Nandroid backup:
For taking a proper nandroid backup, navigate to the ‘backup & restore’ option on the recovery mode itself and on the next screen select ‘backup’ option. This will make a complete nandroid backup of your current ROM. Refer the screenshot given below.
Let’s move to the actual Fit-Sense ROM flashing process now.
Step 5: In the main menu of recovery mode, there will be an option named ‘install zip from SD card’. Select it using the Home button (middle button). On the next screen select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option which will highlight all the files and folders located on your phones external SD card. Just navigate to the Fit-Sense ROM package which you’ve just copied earlier & select it. Press ‘Yes’ option on the next page to start the ROM flashing process. Be patient until it completes.
Step 6: The ROM will get successfully flashed just in few minutes. After that you’ll again land into recovery mode. Just navigate to the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it. Similarly do it for ‘wipe cache partition’ option on the recovery mode. Both these options will clear the entire data & cache present of your phones internal memory. Ensure that you have backed up everything before performing this step (As mentioned in Pre-requisites). This step is essential to overcome the boot loops issue.
Step 7: Now similarly flash the GApps zip file as you’ve installed the custom ROM. Just remember not to wipe data after that.
Step 8: You may restart your phone now. Just navigate to the ‘reboot system now’ option and select it. You’ll notice that a complete new boot has executed. This first boot will take more time to start than usual.
Note: If you want to restore back your previous Rom, then you can do that by going back to the recovery mode by pressing & holding Home Button (middle button) + Power Button simultaneously and select ‘Backup and Restore’ option and then on next page select ‘Restore’ option. Select the ROM you want to restore.
Yaay! You have successfully flashed the FIT-Sense Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670. Enjoy and experience the fabulous performance of your Smartphone with this ROM. You’ll come across with some newly added features and customization options which will make the whole experience of using your Galaxy Fit a bit better. Do tell your views and experiences after using it. Everything given in the article is straight to the point so that even a newbie can understand it easily. Still if you face any kind of difficulty while going through this process then do let us know through the comments section below. All your suggestions or issues will be pleasingly accepted and an exact solution will be given. Till then Enjoy! 🙂