Everyone is talking about the newly released Android 4.4 KitKat ROM. This exciting Android version has all the features that would take your phone beyond expectation. Unfortunately due to hardware specs, it is officially available only for those devices having disastrous hardware and RAM compatibility. So the users of low end devices like Galaxy Mini / Pop GT-S5570 need to rely on android 2.3.6 Gingerbread which is the last official update for the same. Although there are chances for these users to experience new versions with the help of third party custom ROMs. But its obvious that such devastating ROM will not work smoothly on a device like Galaxy Mini / Pop GT-S5570. You will definitely face few bugs or issues with it. How about a ROM with full KitKat user interface & without a single lag or issue problem. Yes, we are here to discuss a KitKat UI ROM for Samsung Galaxy Mini/Pop GT-S5570. This ROM is developed by the well known Cyanogenmod team and has everything you’ll never wanna miss. Check out some of its features and change logs given below.
- Fully KitKat System user interface.
- Updated MA6 Kernel.
- Added Nexus 5 bootanimation.
- Android 4.2.2.
- Added Epic Launcher.
- Has Transparent Status bar.
- More smooth than official ROM.
- Added KitKat themed Dialer.
- New KitKat Ringtones.
- More KitKat Icons.
- Latest version of Google apps-Gmail,Google Keep & Play Music.
- Added KitKat Themed clock.
- CM10.1 By Mardon.
- Added CM11 Lockscreen.
- Added CM11 Keyboard.
- Fixed Root Browser FC.
- Updated MA6 Kernel.
- Added AOSP Calendar.
- Apollo with DSP Manager (Best sound quality).
- Added random Default Wallpaper (Will add KitKatUI wallpaper in V2.5).
- Added Xposed Framework and GravityBox Module.
- More stable than previous version.
- Added some lines in build.prop.
- Monster Battery Drain. 22h only 73% of battery!
- The whole ROM is fully Odexed.
The process given below for flashing KitKat UI Cyanogenmod 10.1 ROM based on the Android 4.2.2 version for Samsung Galaxy Mini / Pop S5570 is considered to be risky and hence must be performed carefully without a single mistake. The advanced android users who are used to this stuff are free to proceed further. But for Newbie, we highly recommend you to stop right at this step. If in case your Galaxy Mini/Pop gets damaged or bricked by using this article then neither we nor the developers will be held responsible for that. Even though the chances that your device will get damaged is least, but still I recommend you to follow all the given procedure properly and without attempting anything by your own.
Also note that this update must be only performed on Samsung Galaxy Mini/Pop bearing the model number GT-S5570. Flashing this on any other device or variant may result into unwanted outcomes or even bricked device. It would be much better if you check your device model number with the number given above from Homescreen–> Menu–>Settings –> About Phone.
- It is recommended to check your mobiles battery power first before proceeding further.There is always a chance that due to lack of battery, the flashing process might get interrupted thus leading to further problems. So charge the battery of your Galaxy Mini/Pop at least up to 80%.
- In the last step of this process you need to wipe entire data and settings present on your phones internal memory. It includes your Contacts, Messages, APN settings, Call logs etc. So a backup of all is essential.
- Make sure that Samsung device drivers are installed on your PC so as to recognize your device when connected to PC. You can install them by installing Kies or manually install them from the link given below:
- There is a folder named EFS in your system directory and is much sensitive. Its because this folder contains all your phones specific information such as the IMEI number, wireless devices MAC addresses, product code, and much more. So by mistake if the data in it gets deleted or wiped, then this will definitely bring a great disaster for you. Your device will no longer be recognized by your carrier & will become just useless. If so happened, you won’t be able to receive or make a call and message either. So a backup of this EFS folder is must. Refer our article to backup and restore EFS/IMEI data:
- Ensure that your Galaxy Mini/Pop GT-S5570 is rooted. Along with that make sure that a Custom Recovery like Clockworkmod (CWM) or TWRP recovery is installed on your Galaxy Mini/Pop. You may refer our article given below for the same.
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy Mini / Pop GT-S5570 to KitKat UI ROM:
- Download KitKat UI Cyanogenmod ROM for Samsung Galaxy Mini/Pop GT-S5570.
- Download Google Apps (GApps).
Step 1: Connect your mobile to PC, enable USB debugging mode and transfer the downloaded CM ROM on your mobiles external SD card. Keep in mind not to extract it. Also do not place it in deep directories.
Step 2: After successfully coping that ROM package file, disconnect your Galaxy Mini/Pop from PC and switch it off completely.
Step 3: You need to enter into the recovery mode now. For that hold ‘Home Button (middle button) + Power Button’ simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
Note: Touch won’t work in this recovery. So use your device Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Home button for selection.
Step 4: If you are not much happy after flashing this Cyanogenmod ROM, then you can easily restore your previous ROM (the one you are using now) with the help of CWM feature called Nandroid backup. This feature allows you to backup your entire operating system. This way you can restore your every backed up ROM during in any emergency.
Refer our detailed article for taking Nandroid backup:
For that, navigate to the ‘backup & restore’ option on the recovery mode itself and on the next screen select ‘backup’ option. This will make a complete nandroid backup of your current ROM. Refer the screenshot given below.
Let’s move to the actual KitKat UI Cyanogenmod ROM installation process on Mini/Pop GT-S5570.
Step 5: After taking proper nandroid backup, again return to the main menu of recovery mode and select the ‘install zip from SD card ‘ option located on the recovery mode itself. Then on the next screen select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option. This will show you all the files and folders present on your external SD card along with CM 10.1 ROM package which you’ve copied earlier. Select it using home button. On the next screen, press ‘Yes’ option to begin the actual ROM flashing process. It will hardly take 5 to 10 few minutes to complete. Be patient until the process is completed fully.
Step 6: After the successful flashing process, return to the main menu of recovery and select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option followed by ‘wipe cache partition’ option to clear all your data & caches from your phones memory.
Step 7: Now similarly flash the GApps zip file as you’ve installed the custom ROM. Just remember not to wipe data after that.
Step 8: You just need to reboot your device now. The same can be done by selecting ‘reboot system now’ option from the recovery mode. Keep in mind that the first boot will take more time to start than usual.
Note: If you are not fully satisfied with this ROM and want to restore back your previous one then you can do that by simply going back to the recovery mode by holding Home Button (middle button) + Power Button simultaneously and select ‘Backup and Restore’ option and then on next screen select ‘Restore’ option. This will show all the saved backups of your previous ROMs. Just select the one you want & restore it.
If you want to install the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop themed ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Mini GT-S5570 then refer our guide:
Yoyo! You have finally installed the KitKat UI Cyanogenmod 10.1 ROM based on the Android 4.2.2 version on your Samsung Galaxy Mini / Pop GT-S5570. You can verify the same from Menu->Settings->About Phone. Enjoy the all new KitKat user interface without any lagging problem. Do tell us your views and experience after using it. I have made this article so simple to understand, still if you have any doubt or query regarding the same then you can inform us through the comments provided below. An exact solution will be given to your each problem as soon as possible. Till then Enjoy! 🙂