Root Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 with the step by step article given below. As Samsung Galaxy S (I9000) proved to be the best selling smartphone Samsung decided to launch another version having DUAL SIM capability. They named it as Samsung Galaxy S Duos (S7562). This device rolled out market with a bang. It’s a mid-range Smartphone having 4.0 Android ICS OS, 4.0 inch screen, 4 GB internal memory, 5 MP primary and VGA as Secondary camera and 1 GHz Cortex A5 Processor.
But as users reviewed it, it is very slow device in terms of handling multiple operations. So in order to boost its speed it is required that the device must be rooted, so that it can be overclocked to a certain range for smooth handling. So let’s move forward for the actual process of rooting your Galaxy S Duos.
- Charge mobile’s battery to at least 60% so as to minimize the risk of interruption during flashing process. This may result into further problems.
- Make Backup of Contacts, Phone logs, Messages, Apps or anything else that is important.
- Make sure that Samsung device drivers are installed on your PC so as to recognize your device when connected to PC. You can install them by installing Kies or manually install them from the link given below:
- Make sure that USB debugging mode is enabled on your Phone. If not, then follow this: Menu->Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging.
- Disable all the security tools as well as antivirus that are installed on your PC temporarily. They may increase the risk of interruption during the flashing process.
- Rooting your phone will void its Warranty totally. (Even though you can roll back your warranty by un-rooting your device back).
- Data loss can take place due to boot failure.
- There is a risk of Software conflict.
1. Download Root files (zip) for Galaxy S DUOS (6.25 MB)
Step 1: Extract the downloaded root file on your computer. After extracting you will see following files:
Step 2: Connect your phone to your computer using USB cable, enable USB debugging mode and copy ‘SuperSUv1.80.zip’ into your device SD card.
Step 3: Disconnect your Galaxy S duos from PC and switch it off completely.
Step 4: Now you need to restart it, but instead of switching it on normally you have to restart it in Download mode. To boot it in download mode, press and hold Volume down + Power button + Home button together at the same time for 5-8 seconds until download mode is activated (In case phone reboots normally try it again).
Step 5: When you will boot in Download mode you will see a screen having Yellow triangle in it. Press Volume Up key to continue.
Step 6: On your PC, browse to the file that you’ve downloaded and extracted in step 1 and Open ‘Odin3 v1.85.exe’ from it.
Step 7: Keeping your phone in download mode connect the same to your PC again with the help of data cable.
Step 8: Once you have connected the device to computer, Odin will automatically detect it and will display “Added” message at the lowest-left panel. (Please make sure that only F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot options are checked on Odin).
Step 9: Click the PDA tab on Odin and browse to ‘recovery.tar’ file which you’ve extracted in step 1.
Step 10: Now click on start. (Meanwhile this process may restart your phone several times. No need to Worry about it).
Step 11: Wait till “PASS” message appears on the Top Right Most panel having GREEN Color.
Step 12: Disconnect your phone and again switch it off.
Step 13: Now you need to reboot your phone and this time you have to reboot it in Recovery mode. For doing so, press and hold Volume Up + Volume down + Power button + Home button together for 5-8 seconds till your device enters/boot into recovery mode.
Step 14: In Recovery mode using Volume up & down keys navigate to: Install Zip from SDcard -> Choose zip from SDcard ->SuperSU v1.80.zip. Select it using Home Key and then select YES option to install Superuser on your device. Wait till the process Completes.
That’s all !Congrats your Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 has been rooted successfully..!! 🙂