Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM on Galaxy Core 2 G355H. In June 2014, Samsung released Galaxy Core 2 G355H as a second version of the well known Galaxy Core smartphone. Moreover, it was a mid-range smartphone with some decent specs and features.
Powered by 1.2 GHz quad-core processor it had built-in Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system. Due to the hardware incompatibility of this device, Samsung never released any further official update after Android KitKat which disappointed many of the Galaxy Core 2 G355H users.
But all thanks go to the third-party developers who always come up with an unofficial custom ROM for phones which has the least expectations to get the latest official update. Due to these Custom ROMs, it has become so easy to enjoy and experience those newly launched features on any mid-range smartphones.
Recently one of the senior members from the XDA community has released an unofficial custom ROM based on the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow operating system, especially for Samsung Galaxy Core 2 SM-G355H smartphone. With this Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM, you can experience some amazing, and breathtaking features.
Some of which include a customized UI refurnished Google home with the new launcher, security improvements, low memory management support, revamped settings user interface, new phone dialer app, battery-saving tweaks, screen recording, NFC emulation, new Google wallet, and much more on your Galaxy Core 2 G355H.
Note that this is an unofficial third-party custom ROM, so there are chances that you might experience a few bugs or issues. But don’t worry about a new updated version all those bugs and issues will be definitely cleared. Finally, let’s proceed to our actual guide on how to install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy Core 2 SM-G355H mentioned below.
This process is quite risky. Hence, implement each and every step correctly without any mistake. Neither we at Droid Thunder nor the developers will be held responsible for any damage.
This Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy Core 2 with the model number SM-G355H. Do not try to install this custom ROM on any other device or variant. It might brick your phone.
- Ensure that your Galaxy Core 2 G355H is charged to a minimum of 60%.
- Take a backup of all your phone data and settings for safety.
- Also, take a backup of the EFS folder present in your phone’s system directory.
- Install Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Root and install CWM recovery on Galaxy Core 2 G355H.
- Furthermore, enable USB debugging mode in your phone settings.
After rooting and flashing a custom recovery, let’s proceed to our actual tutorial on how to install Android M ROM on Galaxy Core 2 smartphone.
Steps to install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM on Galaxy Core 2 G355H
- Download all the package files (.zip) in a specific folder on your computer.
- Remember not to extract these zip files.
- Now using micro USB cable connect Galaxy Core 2 to your computer. Copy all the three zip files on your phone’s internal memory. Then safely disconnect your phone from the computer.
- If your computer doesn’t recognize your Galaxy Core 2, make sure that mobile-specific drivers are properly installed on it. If it still does not recognize then try changing micro USB cable or even the USB port.
- Boot your phone into CWM recovery mode.
- Hence, power off your Galaxy Core 2.
- Press and hold Volume up + Home button (middle button) + Power button simultaneously till your phone enter custom recovery mode.
- Most importantly, touch won’t work in CWM recovery mode.
- So use Volume keys for navigating up and down and use the Home button for selection.
- As you enter the CWM recovery, take a Nandroid backup of your current ROM.
- Moreover, wipe the data and cache partitions from your phone’s internal memory.
- For that, navigate to the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option using volume keys. Select it using the Home button.
- On the next screen press Yes option to start the wiping process.
- Similarly, navigate to the ‘wipe cache partition’ option and clear the caches present.
- This step will clear the entire data from your phone’s internal memory.
- Return to the main menu and select the Advanced option.
- On the next screen select the Reboot Recovery option.
- Wait until your phone boot again into CWM recovery.
- Besides, using Volume keys navigate to the ‘install zip from SD card’ option.
- Then on the next screen select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option.
- This will show you all the files present on your phone.
- So just select the Deodex_G355HXXU0AOB1 zip file which you’ve copied earlier.
- On the next screen select the ‘Yes’ option to start the flashing process.
- Similarly, flash Marshmallow ROM and fix.zip file.
- Everything completes here.
- Just reboot your Galaxy Core 2 G355H by selecting ‘reboot system now’ option.
- Note that the first boot will take more time to start than usual.
Finally! You’ve successfully installed the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Core 2 SM-G355H smartphone. Go to Menu > Settings > About Phone and confirm the same. Enjoy all the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow features with this ROM. Also, do share your views and experience in the comments section.