Although Huawei is going through some serious problems with Google, this Chinese smartphone company has crossed all the barriers with the launch of the Honor 20 series of phones. The all-new Honor 20 series includes Honor 20, Honor 20 Pro, Honor 20i, and Honor 20 Lite. Huawei started this year with the release of Honor View 20. Due to its tremendous response, the company has rolled some more flagship devices. In this easy steps guide, we’ll manually root Honor 20 without using PC.
Honor 20 is a premium flagship smartphone, with an impressive camera, large display, and great performance. For now, the Honor 20 series will continue to support Android and will receive security updates as well. This is indeed great news because the Honor 20 is probably the best smartphone of 2019 yet. Moreover, Honor 20 release date in India and the UK is 26 June 2019. But there are already Honor 20 review and unboxing videos on YouTube.
Talking about the Honor 20 specs, it comes with 6.26 inches of display with 1080 x 2340 pixels of resolution. Furthermore, Honor 20 features 128 GB storage with 6 GB RAM. This smartphone is launched with the Android 9 Pie Magic 2.1 operating system. The Honor 20 price in India starts from Rs. 32,999 onward. With such price tag and features, it will give tough competition especially to OnePlus 7 Pro, Samsung A50, Vivo V15 Pro, and Oppo Reno.
Do you want to root Honor 20? Do you want to install custom ROM on Honor 20? Then move to our detailed tutorial mentioned below.
How to Root Honor 20
In this tutorial, we’ll use iRoot, KingRoot, and Framaroot apps to gain root access on your Honor 20 smartphone.
Rooting Honor 20 will void your phone’s warranty. It is strongly recommended to proceed at your own risk. We will not be held liable for any damage.
- Charge your Honor 20 at least 50% to avoid any interruption.
- Unlock bootloader of Honor 20 before going ahead.
- Also enable Unknown Sources option from mobile settings.
Method 1: iRoot App
In this method, we’ll root your Android phone using the iRoot application.
Steps to Root Honor 20
- Install the app on your device.
- If you get ‘Blocked by Play Protect’ error, press the Details option.
- Then select the Install anyway.
- If iRoot fails to install, then refer our guide:
- Launch the installed iRoot app.
- Select the menu icon ‘≡’ present on the top left corner.
- Open the fourth option.
- Scroll down and select the Update checking option.
- An Update now popup option will appear in the app. So click on it.
- Then install the updated iRoot app.
- Then go to your phone settings.
- Open Accessibility, and enable iRoot option under Services.
- Go back to Settings, and Open Apps.
- Open the iRoot app present there.
- On the next page, click on clear data and cache tab.
- This will wipe out data and cache partitions from the iRoot app.
- Close it and launch the installed iRoot app from the app drawer.
- Click on I Agree with terms and conditions.
- Let’s start the rooting process of Honor 20 now.
- For that, simply click on the Get Root access option.
- This will initiate the Honor 20 rooting process.
- Wait until it finishes. It will hardly take few minutes to complete.
- Upon completion, a Root succeeded message will appear.
- Finally! This is how you can root Honor 20 using the iRoot app without PC.
- To confirm the root access, use the Root Checker app from Google Play Store.
Method 2: KingRoot
In this method, we’ll use the KingRoot app to get root access.
Steps to Root Honor 20
- Install the application.
- Go to your phone settings and open Accessibility.
- Under Services, click on KingRoot.
- Enable accessibility for KingRoot.
- Close the settings and launch the installed KingRoot app from the app drawer.
- To initiate the rooting process, just click on the Try Root option.
- This will start the process of rooting Honor 20.
- After a few seconds, the following success message will appear in the app.
- Finally! This is how you can root Honor 20 using KingRoot app without PC.
Method 3: Framaroot App
Here, we’ll root using the Framaroot app. Let’s start the rooting process.
Steps to Root Honor 20
- Install the app and launch it.
- Click on Install Superuser or Install SuperSU option.
- Now click on Gandalf to initiate the Honor 20 rooting process.
- Wait and be patient until the rooting process completes.
- As soon as the process finishes, a successful message will appear.
- Click on OK to restart your phone.
- After reboot, the Superuser app will be installed on your device.
Finally! This is how you can root Honor 20 without PC. In conclusion, you can now install custom ROM on Honor 20, flash custom kernel, mods like Xposed framework etc. For any difficulty or suggestions, do comment below.