In this guide, we’ll manually Root Huawei Nova 5 without PC. After the tremendous success of the P30 series, Huawei has decided to focus on the cheaper smartphones having flagship features. Yes, the company has released Huawei Nova 5 series in China, which is the latest entry in the upper mid-range family. This smartphone series is the first to offer the new 7nm Kirin 810 chipset.
The company is also ready to release Huawei Nova 5 Pro with Kirin 980 chipset instead of Kirin 810. Although Huawei Nova 5 release date in India is 27 September 2019, it was already announced back in June 2019. Talking about Huawei Nova 5 features, it comes with 6.39 inches of OLED display with 1080 x 2340 pixels of resolution. Moreover, it offers a HiSilicon Kirin 810 Octa-core processor.
Furthermore, Huawei Nova 5 specs include 128GB internal storage and 8GB RAM. The main reason to buy Huawei Nova 5 is its camera. This smartphone features quad camera setup of 48 + 16 + 2 + 2 megapixel on the rear. Most importantly, if you compare Huawei Nova 5 vs OnePlus 7, you’ll get a better camera, RAM, and processor. Although it lacks in battery power, but still it can easily give 24hrs support with a one-time charge.
Nova 5 will be launched with the Android 9 Pie EMUI v9.1 operating system. The Huawei Nova 5 price in India 2019 starts from 28,390 onward. For more detailed Huawei Nova 5 review, visit YouTube. Do you want to root Huawei Nova 5? Do you want to install custom ROM on Huawei Nova 5? If yes, then move on to our tutorial on how to root Huawei Nova 5 given below.
How to Root Huawei Nova 5
In this article, we’ll use three apps to root your Huawei handset. Let’s start the root process.
Note that Rooting will void your phones warranty. But don’t worry, you can regain the warranty by unrooting. We at Droid Thunder will not be held responsible for any damage caused to your Huawei Nova 5 after using this guide.
- Charge your phone at least 50% to avoid any interruption.
- Unlock bootloader of Android phone before going further.
- Enable Unknown Sources option from phone settings.
Method 1: Root Huawei Nova 5 using iRoot App
At first, we’ll use the iRoot application to gain root access.
Steps to Root Huawei Nova 5
- Install the downloaded app on your device.
- If you get ‘Blocked by Play Protect’ error, click on Details option.
- Then click on Install anyway option.
- If iRoot fails to install, then refer our guide:
- Launch the installed iRoot app.
- Click on the menu icon ‘≡’ present at the top left corner.
- Then click the fourth option.
- Scroll down and click on the Update checking option.
- So the app will start checking for the latest updates.
- A pop-up message will appear as given below.
- So click on Update now option.
- On the next screen, install the updated iRoot app.
- After successful installation, open phone settings.
- Click on Accessibility, and enable iRoot option under Services.
- Go back to your phone Settings, and Open Apps.
- Then click on the iRoot app.
- On the next screen, click on clear data and cache tabs.
- This will wipe out data and cache partitions from the iRoot application.
- Go to apps drawer and launch the installed iRoot app.
- Tap on I Agree with terms and conditions.
- Let’s initiate the Huawei Nova 5 rooting process now.
- To do so, click on the Get Root access option.
- The root process starts now.
- It will hardly last for a few minutes. Be patient.
- Upon completion, a Root succeeded message will appear.
- Finally! This is how you can root Huawei Nova 5 using the iRoot app.
Method 2: Root Huawei Nova 5 using Framaroot App
In this method, we’ll root the Huawei phone using the Framaroot app.
Steps to Root Huawei Device
- Launch the Framaroot app.
- From the main screen, tap on the Install Superuser option.
- Then click on Gandalf option.
- This will start the root process.
- Upon completion, a successful message will appear in the app.
- Simply tap on OK to restart the phone.
- After reboot, the Superuser app will be installed on your device.
- This will confirm that your Huawei Nova 5 is successfully rooted.
- Finally! This is how you can root Huawei Nova 5 using the Framaroot app without PC.
Method 3: Root Huawei Nova 5 using KingoRoot app
Here, we’ll use the KingoRoot app to get root access.
Steps to Root your Huawei phone
- Launch the KingoRoot app.
- From the main app screen, tap on One Click Root option.
- This will start the root process.
- Be patient and wait until it completes.
- As soon as it finishes, a Root Succeeded message will appear.
Finally! This is how you can root Huawei Nova 5 without PC. Now you are free to install TWRP on Huawei Nova 5, flash custom ROM like LineageOS, Resurrection Remix, etc. As always, if you come across any difficulty, please comment below.