Despite the difficult times, Huawei has managed to sell millions of P30 series and Mate 20 series in the first half of 2019. After the tussle with US administration, Huawei has decided to go for flagship phones with an affordable price tag. Recently, the company launched the Y9 Prime with a pop-up selfie camera and triple rear camera set-up in the Indian market. In this guide, we’ll unlock the bootloader, install TWRP recovery, and root Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 without PC.
Once rooted, you can easily install custom ROM on Huawei Y9 Prime. Moreover, you can also flash TWRP recovery on Huawei Y9 Prime. Besides, after root you can even wipe data, cache, overclock, create Nandroid backup, and much more. There are many Android apps like Kingroot, Kingoroot, Flashify, Root master to root Android phones. However, none of them guarantee the root access.
Huawei Y9 Prime launch date in India was August, 2019. But there were already leaked Huawei Y9 Prime reviews and unboxing videos on YouTube. Talking about the Huawei Y9 Prime specs, it offers 6.59 inches of full view display with 1080 x 2340 pixels of resolution. Furthermore, it is powered by the Octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 710F processor. Moreover, it offers 4 GB of RAM and 64/128 GB of internal storage. Additionally, it comes with a non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery with fast charging support.
Looking at the camera, it features a triple camera setup of 16 + 8 + 2 megapixels on the rear. Whereas, on the front, it sports a 16-megapixel pop-up selfie camera. With such specs, Huawei Y9 Prime price in India starts from Rs. 15,990 onward. Do you want to install custom ROM on Huawei Y9 Prime? If yes, then you must root Huawei Y9 Prime first. We’ve recently posted an article on how to install TWRP recovery on Huawei Y9 Prime. Using that custom recovery we’ll root Android phone with Super SU and Magisk. Interested users may proceed to our guide given below on how to root Huawei Y9 Prim 2019.
How to Root Huawei Y9 Prime
In this guide, we’ll go through 2 simple methods to root your Huawei Y9 Prime smartphone.
Rooting Huawei Y9 Prime will void its warranty. But it can be regained back by un-rooting or flashing stock firmware. If your phone gets damaged by this process, then we at Droid Thunder will not be held responsible for that. It is recommended to perform the steps at your own risk.
- Ensure to charge your phone at least 50% to avoid any interruption.
- Unlock Bootloader of Huawei Y9 Prime before going further.
- Also, install TWRP recovery on your device.
Method 1: Root Huawei Y9 Prime using SuperSU
Firstly, we’ll flash the SuperSU zip file using a custom recovery like TWRP. Let’s get into the process now.
Steps to Root Huawei Y9 Prime
- Power off your Huawei Y9 Prime and boot it into TWRP recovery.
- For that, press and hold the Volume Up + Power button simultaneously.
- Leave both the keys as soon as you see the TWRP logo.
- If you are unable to boot into recovery, use the TWRP Manager app from Google Play Store.
- In TWRP, click on the Install option from the main menu.
- This will show you all the files and folders present on your phone.
- Simply navigate to the downloaded SuperSU.zip file and select it.
- On the next screen, swipe right to start the Huawei Y9 Prime rooting process.
- The root process will hardly complete within few minutes.
- As soon as it finishes, a root successful message will appear as given below.
- Finally! You have successfully rooted Huawei Y9 Prime using SuperSU.
- You can confirm the same using the Root Checker app from Google Play Store.
Method 2: Root Huawei Y9 Prime using Magisk
In this method, we’ll use the TWRP recovery to flash the Magisk file.
Steps to Root Huawei Y9 Prime
- Similar to Method 1, switch off your phone and boot it into TWRP.
- From the TWRP main screen, click on the Install option.
- From the list of folders and files, select the downloaded Magisk.zip file.
- Swipe right to begin the Huawei Y9 Prime root process.
- Be patient and wait until the root finishes.
- Upon completion, a successful message will appear on the screen.
- You may restart your device by selecting the Reboot System option.
- Finally! This is how you can root Huawei Y9 Prime using Magisk and TWRP recovery.
Now you are free to flash custom ROM on Huawei Y9 Prime, install the kernel, mods like Xposed framework, etc. I hope this guide helps you to easily root Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 STK-L21, STK-L22, STK-LX3 device. Lastly, if you have any suggestions or issues related to this tutorial, then do let me know through the comments section given below.