Today, we’ll Root Samsung Galaxy A40 without PC. In today’s Android market, there is a demand for smartphones with high-end specs and affordable price tag. This is the reason why Chinese companies like Vivo, Oppo, or Huawei are growing immensely in the market as compared to Samsung, Sony, or Motorola. These companies provide flagship phones at a very reasonable price.
To overcome with this, Samsung has launched a redefined Galaxy A lineup in 2019. This year, Samsung has been focusing on the budget-friendly devices instead of the flagship phones. Just in few months, they have launched Samsung Galaxy A10, Galaxy A20, Galaxy A30, and Galaxy A50. These devices are released especially to target offline buyers.
Out of all, the Galaxy A40 is the most compact device with some decent specs and features. Although it is budget-friendly, still it looks and feels like a premium device. Samsung Galaxy A40 launch date in India in March, 2019. But users had already leaked Galaxy A40 review and unboxing videos on YouTube. Galaxy A40 sports 5.9 inches of Infinity-U screen with 1080 x 2340 pixels of resolution.
Do you want to install custom ROM on Galaxy A40? If yes, then you must root Android phones first. Once rooted, you can easily flash custom ROM, or install TWRP recovery. Additionally, you can even wipe data, cache, create Nandroid backup, increase internal memory and do much more. Are you ready to Root Android phone without Kingroot, Kingoroot, Flashify, Root master etc. apps? Then head on to our tutorial to officially root Samsung Galaxy A40 without PC.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy A40
In this article, we’ll use Magisk and SuperSU methods to gain root access on your Galaxy A40 device.
Rooting will void your phone warranty. Proceed at your own risk. We at Droid Thunder will not be held responsible for any damage.
- Ensure your phone is at least 50% charged.
- Install TWRP recovery on your device.
Method 1: Root Samsung Galaxy A40 using Magisk
At first, we’ll root Galaxy A40 using the Magisk file.
Steps to Root Galaxy A40
- Power off your phone completely until it vibrates.
- Then restart it into TWRP recovery.
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button simultaneously.
- Leave both the keys as soon as you see a TWRP logo.
- If you are not able to boot into recovery, use the TWRP Manager app.
- From the TWRP main menu, click on the Install option.
- This will show all the files and folders present on your phone.
- Simply navigate to the downloaded Magisk.zip file and select it.
- On the next screen, just swipe right to start the Magisk flashing process.
- Be patient and wait until the rooting process completes.
- As soon as it finishes, a successful message will appear on the screen.
- Click on the Reboot System option to restart your phone.
- Finally! This is how you can root Samsung Galaxy A40 using Magisk and TWRP recovery
- To confirm whether your phone is successfully rooted or not, use the Root Checker app.
Method 2: Root Samsung Galaxy A40 using SuperSU
In this method, we’ll use the SuperSU file to root Galaxy A40.
Steps to Root Galaxy A40
- Similarly to Method 1, switch off your phone and boot it into TWRP.
- Click on the Install option from the TWRP main menu.
- On the next page, navigate to the downloaded SuperSU.zip file and select it.
- Simply swipe in the right direction to start the Super SU installation process.
- Upon completion, a root successful message will appear in TWRP.
Finally! This is how you can root Samsung Galaxy A40 without PC. Now you are free to flash custom ROM on Galaxy A40, install the kernel, mods like Xposed framework, etc. Kindly share your views and opinions using the comments section given below.