In this guide, we’ll unlock the bootloader of Poco X3. Every Android gadget comprises of several bits of software, which incorporate the system, bootloader, recovery, radio, and framework. However, all these pieces of software do not run at the same time.
When you turn on any Android handset, the bootloader gets loaded at first. Later on, it decides whether to launch the recovery or radio. If you are searching for ways to unlock the bootloader of your Poco X3 device, then we’ve got you covered.
For every Android device, the bootloader unlock process depends upon the mobile manufacturer or the carrier. Certain Android smartphone brands allow their users to unlock the bootloader. However, some manufacturers forbid the unlock process for maintaining device security.
Luckily, the Poco smartphone company allows its users to unlock the encrypted bootloader. Hence, Poco users can easily unlock their device, and tweak, customize, or optimize the internal system.
Besides, they can also root, install TWRP recovery, as well as flash custom ROMs, and kernels, etc. In today’s easy step guide, we’ll unlock the bootloader of Poco X3 using the official Mi Unlock tool.
Poco X3 NFC is a new addition to the Poco family. It is a successor to the previously launched Poco X2 with plenty of premium features. Unfortunately, Poco X2 was a big failure for the company, as it was more focused on the screen refresh rate rather than the hardware.
To regain its credibility, Poco X3 NFC is designed with a powerful processor, impressive camera, and promising price tag. Some of the Poco X3 specs include 6.67 inches FHD display with a 120Hz refresh rate and 1080 x 2400 pixels resolution.
Moreover, it features Qualcomm SM7150-AC Snapdragon 732G processor with 6GB RAM and 64GB/128GB storage. Due to the latest hardware compatibility, it can easily handle the high-end Android games.
Besides, it sports the latest Android 10 based MIUI 12 OS. The bootloader unlock process is the first step before gaining root access or flashing custom ROMs. However, the only drawback of unlocking a bootloader is that it voids your mobile warranty.
Also, in some cases, users stop receiving the official Poco OTA updates. But, to get something you have to sacrifice, that’s life! Interested users can move ahead to unlock the bootloader of Poco X3 NFC using Mi Unlock Tool.[lwptoc]
How to Unlock Bootloader of Poco X3
The below-mentioned article will unlock the bootloader of Poco X3 without waiting for 30 days and without losing data.
Proceed with caution. A wrong move might cause permanent damage. We at Droid Thunder will not be liable for any damage whatsoever. Hence, be careful.
Things To Do
- You’ll require a Windows computer along with a USB data cable.
- Charge your Poco device to at least 60%.
- Flash the Poco X3 USB drivers on your PC.
- Also, flash ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Backup your contacts, apps, messages, pictures, etc. for safety.
Steps to Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging
- Go to your phone settings and click on the MI Account.
- Enter your email ID and password to sign the MI account.
- In case, if you don’t have one, create a new Mi account.
- Besides, enable Sync and Find device options from Mi Cloud and click on continue.
- Go back to settings and open the About Phone section.
- Click 7 times on the MIUI 12 version.
- You will see a message, ”You are now a developer”.
- This will unlock the hidden developer option.
- Go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer options.
- In this section, enable the OEM Unlocking option.
- Similarly, enable the USB debugging option.
Steps to Associate Mi account to your device
- For this process, ensure you have a SIM card in your phone.
- Navigate to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer options.
- Tap on the Mi Unlock Status option.
- It will ask for permission to view your device ID, IMEI number, etc. in a pop-up dialog.
- Just click on the Agree button.
- Furthermore, press the Add account and device button.
- Within a minute, a message saying, “Added successfully. Mi Account is associated with this device now” will appear.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader of Poco X3
- Download and Extract the Mi Unlock Tool on your computer.
- Restart your Poco X3 into Fastboot mode.
- For doing so, at first power off the phone.
- Then, press and hold the Volume Down button + Power button altogether.
- The Fastboot logo will appear. You can leave the keys now.
- Keeping the phone in Fastboot mode, connect it to your PC using a USB data cable.
- On the other hand, launch the miflash_unlock.exe file.
- Sign-in into the Mi account.
- Enter the same Username and Password which you have on your Poco X3.
- In case if the MI Unlock Tool shows a connection problem, kindly install Poco USB drivers and the ADB drivers.
- Furthermore, a popup window will appear. Simply tap on the Unlock button.
- This will begin the Xiaomi Poco X3 unlock bootloader process.
- It will complete within a few minutes.
- Lastly, The Mi Unlock Tool will show a message saying Unlocked successfully.
- Click on the Reboot Phone button to restart your mobile.
Finally! This is how you can unlock the bootloader of Poco X3 without waiting for permission. To confirm it, go to Settings > Additional settings > Developer options > Mi Unlock Status. In case of any difficulty, or issues, kindly use the comment section below. Thank you!