Do you want to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra? If yes, then we’ve got you covered. In this easy step-by-step guide, we’ll unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra using the Mi Unlock tool. Xiaomi has recently launched Mi 10 Ultra, a new flagship smartphone on the occasion of its 10th anniversary. It was unveiled on an online virtual event.
Most importantly, Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra becomes the first-ever smartphone to feature a 120W wired, 50W wireless, and 10W reverse wireless fast charging support. Besides, it also sports the world’s first 120x AI Super Zoom feature. Moreover, DXOMARK has tested a score of 130 points, especially for image and audio quality. This makes Mi 10 Ultra the best camera phone in 2020.
This Xiaomi handset is a successor to the Mi 10 Pro, and hence, sports quite a few similar features. Yes, there are many improved features such as a big screen, high refresh rate, better camera, and fast charging support. To be specific, Mi 10 Ultra features a 6.67-inch full-HD+ OLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate and an in-display fingerprint scanner.
Furthermore, it comes with a quad-camera setup on the rear, and a single selfie shooter on the front. Talking about the software, it runs the latest Android 10 based MIUI 12. Additionally, it sports Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 processor with 8/12/16 GB of RAM. Its main attraction is the non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh battery with 120W of wired fast charging.
Every Android smartphone and tablet comes with a locked bootloader. The manufacturer locks the bootloader to stop the user from flashing any unofficial custom for stock firmware. Still, there are times when users try to unlock the bootloader and end up getting their device bricked or damaged. Hence, it is necessary to carefully implement the bootloader unlock process.
But, there are plenty of benefits of unlocking bootloader. With a locked bootloader, you can easily customize the files present in your phone’s system directory. Besides, you can root your phone, install TWRP recovery without PC, flash custom ROMs, mods, kernels, take a Nandroid backup, etc. Unfortunately, it does come with a few disadvantages.
An unlocked bootloader can void your device warranty. Moreover, you can never receive the official Android stock OTA software update from the company. Also, it can impact the safety and security of your device. After all, every good thing comes with a price. Still, if you want to experience the advantages of unlocking the bootloader of your Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra, then follow our guide given below.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
Note that if you implement any other bootloader unlock method, it’ll take a minimum of 30-60 days. But, if you follow our below-mentioned tutorial, then you can easily unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra without losing data and without waiting time.
The steps given below are risky. Hence, perform everything carefully. We at Droid Thunder will not be responsible for any damage whatsoever.
- You need a Windows computer and a USB data cable.
- Charge your mobile to a minimum of 60%.
- Install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Also, install Xiaomi USB drivers on your computer.
- Backup your phone data and settings for safety.
Steps to enable OEM unlock and USB debugging
- Go to mobile settings, and open the MI Account section.
- Sign in if you already have a MI account OR create a new Mi account.
- Enable Sync and Find device options from Mi Cloud and press Continue.
- Now open the About Phone section.
- Scroll down and tap 7 times on the MIUI version.
- Your device will soon show a message saying, ”You are now a developer”.
- This will enable the hidden developer option.
- Then navigate to the Settings > Additional Settings > Developer options.
- Enable the OEM Unlocking option.
- Scroll down and enable the USB debugging option.
Steps to Associate Mi account to your phone
- Ensure that you have a SIM card inserted in your mobile.
- Navigate to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer options.
- Scroll down and tap on the Mi Unlock Status option.
- Your phone will ask permission to view your device ID, IMEI number, etc.
- Simply click on the Agree button.
- Furthermore, click on the Add account and device option.
- A message saying, “Added successfully. Mi Account is associated with this device now” will appear.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
- Switch off your Android device.
- Now, press and hold the Volume Down button + Power button altogether.
- Leave both the keys as soon as you see the Fastboot logo.
- This will boot your Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra into Fastboot mode.
- Keeping the phone as it is, connect it to your computer using a USB cable.
- Download and extract the Mi Unlock Tool on your PC.
- Double-click the miflash_unlock.exe file.
- Furthermore, sign-in into the Mi account.
- Enter the same Username and Password which you have used on your mobile.
- If the MI Unlock Tool does not recognize your device, then again install the Xiaomi USB drivers.
- A popup window will show up on your PC. Tap on the Unlock button.
- Now a warning unlock countdown window will appear on the screen.
- Click on the Unlock anyway button to begin the Xiaomi Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra unlock bootloader process.
- On the other hand, your device will restart automatically.
- Do not disconnect the phone from the PC.
- Upon completion, a message saying Unlocked successfully will appear.
Finally! This is how you can unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra without waiting for permission. You can confirm the same from Settings > Additional settings > Developer options > Mi Unlock Status. Feel free to ask any questions or queries in the comment section below. Thank you!