Install TWRP without PC on any Android phone. Download the latest TWRP recovery using the Official TWRP app. Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source custom recovery for Android devices. It provides fully touchscreen-based interface which allows user to install third-party custom ROMs like LineageOS, Resurrection Remix, etc.
Besides, it is also used to Root Android via SuperSU, flash-kernel, mods like Magisk or Xposed, and take Nandroid backup. It is, therefore, often preferred over the famous ClockworkMod (CWM) custom recovery. In this easy steps guide, we’ll discuss how to install TWRP Recovery without PC and Root. Before proceeding further, it is recommended to backup your data. This is because a disaster can knock your door without giving a warning.
Hence you should always be prepared with a backup of your current system. You can find various tutorials online on how to install TWRP on Android, but this guide is completely different. Here you will not require a computer for installing TWRP on Android. We will not use the Odin tool or any software for flashing TWRP without PC on any Android device.
Also, no matter which Android device you have, a smartphone, tablet, console, etc. this guide will help you to install TWRP on any Android Device. Download TWRP for Redmi Note, Poco f1, Coolpad, Xiaomi, Mi, Moto, Samsung Galaxy, Vivo, OnePlus, Micromax, Sony Xperia, Lenovo, etc. Without further ado, let’s move on to our guide on how to install TWRP without PC on any Android device.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery without PC
- At first, root Android using the Kingoroot app.
- Download and install the official TWRP app from the link given above.
- Launch the app and tick all three checkboxes shown to accept the terms and conditions. Then press OK.
- As soon as you accept terms and conditions, the TWRP app will further ask for granting root access.
- So click on Grant on the Superuser popup.
- Before flashing the official TWRP recovery on any Android phone, it is necessary to backup your current stock recovery.
- This is strongly recommended because if you come across any difficulty while flashing TWRP, then you can easily revert your existing stock recovery.
- For taking backup, click on the Backup Existing Recovery option from the main menu of TWRP app.
- On the next screen, click on the Backup Recovery option.
- And confirm the backup by pressing okay.
- The backup process will take a while to complete. So be patient and wait.
- When it completes successfully, a copy of the existing recovery image will be saved on your phone’s internal storage or SD card.
- You can restore this recovery using TWRP Flash option from the app.
- Let us download and install TWRP without PC now.
- For doing so, click on the TWRP flash option from the main menu.
- On the next screen, click on the Select Device option.
- This will show a list of Android devices.
- Just search for your phone model from the list and select it.
- After selecting the Android device, you will be asked to choose a TWRP version from the list of twrp.img files.
- We recommend selecting the latest version of TWRP, which will be first in the list.
- As soon as you select a particular TWRP.img file, you’ll be redirected to a download page in your browser.
- In the browser, tap on the download link to initiate the TWRP recovery downloading process.
- When the downloading completes successfully, head back to the Official TWRP app.
- We’ll install the downloaded TWRP recovery now.
- For doing so, click on the TWRP flash option from the app main menu.
- On the next screen, click on Select a file to flash option.
- This will show the files present on your phone. Just navigate to the downloaded TWRP.img file and select it.
- This will open the downloaded TWRP.img file in the app.
- Just initiate the TWRP recovery flashing process now. For that, click on the Flash to Recovery option.
- Confirm the flashing by pressing Okay.
- This will start the process to install TWRP without PC.
- It will hardly complete within a few seconds.
- As soon as the flashing completes, the TWRP app will show a message saying Flash completed successfully!
- This is how you can install TWRP without PC using easy steps.
Steps to boot into TWRP Recovery on Android
- Download and install the Quick Reboot app.
- Launch the app and tick the I have read and accept the terms.
- Then click on confirm.
- To enter TWRP recovery mode, click on the Recovery option.
- Click on Yes to confirm.
- As soon as you press Yes, a popup will appear to grant Superuser permissions.
- So click on Grant option.
- This will boot your Android phone into TWRP Recovery mode.
Finally! This is how you can install TWRP without PC on any Android phone. Besides rooting Android, now you can flash custom ROMs, kernel, mods like Magisk or Xposed, etc. Let us know your suggestions or queries through the comments section.