Unlock Bootloader of Android with an easy method. Using a simple steps guide, officially unlock the bootloader of Redmi, Poco f1, Moto, Mi, Realme, Xioami, Zuk, Sony, Samsung, Huawei, Nokia, Honor, Google Nexus, Google Pixel, LG, Vivo, Oppo, OnePlus, etc. Unlock bootloader without PC using ADB and Fastboot. This guide can fix bootloader unlock allowed no error.
Related: How to Unlock Bootloader without PC
Do you want to root the Android smartphone or tablet? Do you want to install TWRP recovery and flash custom ROMs? If yes, then you are in the right place. In this tutorial, we’ll discuss some easy steps on unlocking the bootloader of any Android phone. Before you install TWRP recovery or flash custom ROMs, you will have to unlock the bootloader of your Android.
What is Bootloader?
The bootloader is a code that is executed before any Operating System starts. Every Android phone has a bootloader that instructs the OS kernel to boot normally. Since Android OS is an open-source OS, every manufacturer has its own version of the bootloader.
Why is Bootloader locked?
It is not possible to install TWRP recovery or flash custom ROMs on a locked bootloader. Forced attempts of unlocking bootloader can not only void warranty but also brick the device. Hence, to make the users stick to their official Android OS, the manufacturers usually lock the bootloader.
Why unlock Bootloader on Android?
If you want to root, flash a custom recovery like CWM/ TWRP or flash custom ROMs, then you need to have your bootloader unlocked. That means unlocking bootloader allows you to gain root access, flash unofficial custom recoveries, third party custom ROMs, take Nandroid backup and restore, increase internal memory, remove bloatware, and much more.
Phones like Motorola, Sony, LG, HTC, Xiaomi, Huawei uses a unique code through their website for unlocking of bootloader. Samsung phones (Exynos models) which can be rooted have unlocked bootloaders. Whereas the new Snapdragon models of Galaxy S9, S9 Plus, S8, S8 Plus, S7, S7 Edge, Note 8, etc. all have locked bootloaders.
Moreover, the bootloader of Google Nexus or Pixel devices like Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 2, Pixel XL, Nexus 6, Nexus 6P, etc can be easily unlocked using this guide. Also the bootloaders of all OnePlus devices including OnePlus 6, OnePlus 5/5T, OnePlus 3/3T, etc. can be unlocked. If you’re not sure whether the bootloader of your device can be unlocked or not, you can still refer to this tutorial. It’s great if it passes. If it fails, no damage will be done.
We at Droid Thunder will not be responsible for any damage caused to your device by referring to this guide. Also, the unlocking bootloader of your phone voids its warranty.
- Charge your Android device at least up to 50%.
- Unlocking bootloader will erase everything on your Android. Hence backup your data including contacts, messages, apps, call logs, notes, etc. before moving ahead.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Android
- Go to Settings and enable USB debugging mode on your device.
- Also, enable OEM unlocking and Advance reboot mode from the Developer options.
- Note: Older Android devices may not have these options. So if you don’t find these options anywhere, just skip this step.
- Download and install ADB drivers on your Windows PC.
- Using a standard USB cable, connect your Android device to PC.
- Furthermore, ensure that Mobile USB drivers are installed on your PC.
- Go to the location where you’ve installed ADB and Fastboot drivers. (For example: C:\Program Files\Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder). Then by holding the shift button of your keyboard, right-click on empty space. From the list, choose the Open command window here option. This will launch the command window.
- Then type the following commands one after one in the cmd window, and press enter key:
- With this command, a message saying ‘List of devices attached’ along with few random numbers will appear. That means it will confirm that your Android device is successfully connected to PC.
- Note: If such a thing doesn’t happen, then either re-install mobile USB drivers or change the USB cable/PC.
- Type the next command and press enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- This will restart your device into Fastboot mode.
- Then type the Fastboot command and press enter:
- To unlock the bootloader, type either of the command and press enter:
fastboot oem unlock
fastboot flashing unlock
- With this command, you’ll see a message on your device asking to Unlock Bootloader.
- Note: On your phone screen, use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for selection.
- So using Volume keys navigate to Yes option and press Power key to select it.
- The actual bootloader unlocking process will begin now.
- Once the bootloader unlocking process completes, your Android device will automatically restart itself.
- Note: If the following screen appears on your phone, then use Volume and Power keys to select the Start option and reboot your phone.
Finally! This is how you can unlock the bootloader of any Android phone with PC. Now you can root, install a custom recovery, flash custom ROMs, take Nandroid backup, and much more. If you face any problem, then do comment below.