In today’s article, we’ll unlock the bootloader of Poco C3. When you start your Android device, the first thing that fires up is a bootloader. It is the low-level programming that shields your phone from breaking it. It also checks and confirms your phone software before it loads.
Consider it like a safety officer examining all the code to ensure everything is all together. In case if you attempt to flash ROM on your device, the bootloader will automatically identify it and decline the process to proceed further.
Every Android phone that transports from the factory comes with a built-in locked bootloader. This bootloader is even encoded with a specific script. Moreover, it is not easy to decrypt and unlock this bootloader manually without a software.
Additionally, the manufacturers also restrict the device from running any unofficial ROMs. Some brand owners even forbid users to install software updates from an untrusted source. The bootloader must confirm the OS signature.
Unless the confirmation is effective, the device bootloader declines to boot the phone. At such times, users rely on the bootloader unlock tools available out there. Thankfully, Xiaomi allows its user base to unlock the device bootloader.
Hence, it’s quite simple to unlock the bootloader of Poco C3. In this tutorial, we will use a Mi Unlock Tool to easily unlock the encrypted bootloader. Besides, you can also use this tool to optimize, tweak, and customize the phone system.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Poco C3
Do you want to root Poco C3? Do you want to flash custom ROM on Xiaomi Poco C3? If yes, then firstly unlock the device bootloader using the following instructions.
Note that this method will unlock the bootloader of your Poco C3 without waiting for 30 days and without losing data.
Continue ahead with alert. This method might cause lasting harm. We won’t be liable for any harm at all. Henceforth, be cautious.
- You’ll require a USB cable and a Windows PC.
- Charge the Poco phone to a minimum of 75%.
- Backup your phone data using any Android backup app.
- On your PC, install the latest Poco C3 USB drivers.
- Moreover, install ADB drivers on your computer.
Enable USB debugging and OEM unlock Option
- Open your mobile settings, and tap the MI Account option.
- Furthermore, enter your email ID and password to sign the MI account.
- In case, if you do not have one, create a new Mi account.
- Moreover, turn on the Sync and Find device options from Mi Cloud and tap continue.
- Go to the About Phone section in the settings.
- Simply tap on the MIUI 12 version 7 times.
- You will see a message, ‘You are now a developer’.
- This will turn on the hidden developer option.
- Now, navigate to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer options.
- Furthermore, turn on the OEM Unlocking as well as the USB debugging option.
Associate Mi account to your device
- At first, confirm that you have a SIM card in your mobile.
- Then open the Developer options section.
- Under Developer options, tap the Mi Unlock Status button.
- It will ask for permission to view your device ID, IMEI number, etc. in a pop-up dialog.
- Simply hit the Agree button.
- Moreover, hit the Add account and device button.
- A message saying, “Added successfully. Mi Account is associated with this device now” will show.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader of Poco C3
- Extract the downloaded Mi Unlock Tool on your PC.
- Next, reboot your Poco C3 into Fastboot mode.
- Furthermore, switch off the mobile phone.
- Next, press and hold the Volume Down button + Power button altogether.
- The Fastboot logo will show up.
- Keeping the phone in Fastboot mode, connect it to the PC using a USB cable.
- On the other hand, double-click the miflash_unlock.exe file.
- Sign-in into the Mi account.
- Enter the same Username and Password that you have on your mobile.
- In case if the MI Unlock Tool shows a connection issue, then install Poco USB drivers and the ADB drivers.
- Now, a popup window will show up. Just hit the Unlock button.
- This will start the Xiaomi Poco C3 bootloader unlock process.
- It will hardly last for a few minutes.
- At last, the Mi Unlock tool will show an Unlocked Successfully message.
- Now you can finally reboot your mobile phone.
Awesome! This is how you can unlock the bootloader of Poco C3 without waiting for permission. To verify the same, go to Settings > Additional settings > Developer options > Mi Unlock Status. Now you are ready to root Poco C3, install TWRP recovery, flash custom ROMs, and take Nandroid backup. Use the comment box for any questions or suggestions. Thank you!