When it comes to custom recovery, everyone thinks about TWRP. Yes, it is obviously the most used and famous recovery available in the market. It is mainly preferred due to its simplicity and easy-to-use options. However, OrangeFox recovery, a newcomer, is ruling the current market nowadays.
Since Android is an open-source project, every other developer tries their hands at it. Due to this reason, there are plenty of custom ROMs and recoveries available for every Android phone. Orange Fox recovery is just another example of successful custom development.
Orange Fox was initially developed for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X Snapdragon (Mido). But, due to its immediate success and popularity, it was designed for various other Android OEMs. In this easy steps guide, we’ve listed direct download links of OrangeFox recovery for all Android devices.
What is OrangeFox Recovery?
OrangeFox is an advanced and fully customized recovery. It is the best alternative to TWRP and CWM recovery with a fully touch-based user interface. Moreover, it comes with XML-driven GUI and customizable themes. You no longer need to use power and volume buttons with touch UI.
Besides, Orange Fox is based on the TWRP source code with plenty of additional functions. Moreover, it supports MIUI OTA updates, SuperSU, and Magisk. Additionally, it comes with built-in support to init.d functionality. Most importantly, Orange Fox supports both Treble and non-Treble ROMs.
In a recent update, the developers have improved the recovery’s overall stability, quality, and security. Another recovery called the Redwolf features the same functions as Orange Fox. Hence, if your device is not compatible with Redwolf, you can always go for Orange Fox to flash custom ROMs.
- Supports Treble and non-Treble ROMs
- Up-to-date Oreo kernel, built from sources
- Increased compatibility with TWRP
- Optimized versions of community scripts
- Password, torch, led
- Synced with last Team win changes
- Better language support
- Implemented support for Flyme and MIUI OTA
- Built-in support for installing Magisk
- choice of a splash screen
- Built-in support for installing SuperSU
- Includes customization
- Inbuilt patches, like Magisk and password, reset patch
- Built-in support for installing init.d functionality
- choice of color scheme
- Password protection
- Updated with latest TWRP commits
- White Flashlight
- Fully open-source
- Support for MIUI and Custom ROM
- MIUI OTA support
- choice of theme: black, dark, etc.
- Designed with last Material design 2 guidelines
- Added Support for the terminal from the file manager
- Re-signed the internal zips
- Replace ‘twrp format data’ with format /data
- Updated the ZIP signature verification
- Updated the initd addon
- Added Addon to remove survival scripts
- Many UI and other fixes and enhancements
- Work-around for MTP issues after data format
- Added file manager option to edit the selected file
- Support to open Magisk apk as a Zip file
- Flashable zip for backing up OrangeFox settings (/FFiles/OF_backup_settings.zip)
Download Orange Fox Recovery for Android phones
Note: If any of the above links have stopped working or are dead, then please let us know via the comments section given below.