In this guide, let’s unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 8. With every smartphone, Xiaomi has proved that they are the best sellers when it comes to providing amazing performance at a reasonable rate.
Their every handset along with the Redmi Note series is consistent in satisfying the mid-range Android users. The recently launched Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 is no different. This device comes with a redesigned user interface and an unbelievable quad-camera setup.
In this easy steps tutorial, we’ll guide you to unlock the bootloader of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 smartphone. This will open plenty of opportunities for you to experience unlimited customization options on Note 8.
Moreover, you can root Redmi Note 8, install TWRP custom recovery, and even flash custom kernels, mods like Xposed framework, etc. Most important, you can easily flash custom ROM on Redmi Note 8 after the bootloader unlocking process.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 8
Unlocking bootloader on Redmi Note 8 will enable complete administrative access to all your system files. If you are interested to enjoy and experience the unofficial Android world, then head on to our tutorial on how to unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 8 given below.
Redmi Note 8 Specs
Looking at the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 specs, it features 6.3 inches of display with a water-drop notch. Additionally, it comes with Octa-core Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665 processor.
Such a high-speed processor gives an amazing gaming experience. The most noteworthy Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 feature is its quad-camera setup. To be specific, it sports 48MP of a primary wide camera, 8MP ultra-wide, 2MP dedicated macro camera, and 2MP depth sensor.
Whereas, on the other hand, it offers a 13MP of front camera for selfies. Furthermore, its 4000 mAh battery gives an impressive battery backup which easily lasts for more than 48 hours.
On the contrary, Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 launch date in India was October 2019. It was released along with its successor Redmi Note 8 Pro. If you are looking for the best camera phone 2019 under 10000, then Redmi Note 8 is the one for you.
It is highly recommended to carefully proceed further. We at Droid Thunder will not be held responsible for any damage whatsoever.
- Charge your phone to at least 50%.
- Install the latest official Xiaomi USB drivers on your computer.
- Also, install the latest ADB drivers.
- For safety, take a backup of your entire phone data including contacts, apps, messages, notes, etc.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader of Redmi Note 8
- Open Settings of your phone.
- Go to the Mi Account.
- Sign in if you already have a Mi account OR create a new Mi account.
- After you successfully sign in, enable Sync and Find device options from Mi Cloud.
- You may have a different UI as compared to the image given above.
- Go back and open the About Phone section.
- Tap on the MIUI version 7 times. A message saying, “You’re 4,3,2,1 steps away from being a Developer” will appear.
- Click on it until a message saying, ”You are now a developer” appears as shown below.
- Then go back to settings and open Additional Settings.
- Scroll down and open Developer options.
- On the next page, enable the OEM Unlocking option.
- Further, scroll down and enable the USB debugging option as well.
- Scroll down and click on Mi Unlock Status. You’ll be asked for permission to view your device ID, IMEI number, etc. in a pop-up dialog. Tap on the Agree option.
- Make sure you have a SIM card inserted in your mobile. Without a SIM card, you’ll not be able to go further. Then the below screen will popup.
- Tap on Add account and device option.
- A message saying, “Added successfully. Mi Account is associated with this device now” will appear as shown below.
- Power off your Redmi Note 8.
- Then you need to boot Redmi Note 8 into Fastboot mode.
- For doing the same, press and hold the Volume Down key + Power button simultaneously.
Leave all the buttons as soon as the fastboot logo appears as shown below.
- This is how you can restart your Redmi Note 8 into Fastboot mode.
- Using a standard USB cable, connect your phone to the computer.
- Note: Do NOT download the latest Mi Unlock Tool from the official Mi website as it’ll take 15-30 days to unlock the bootloader using that.
- Extract the Mi tool on your computer. You’ll have the below files in the extracted folder:
- Open miflash_unlock.exe file now.
- A disclaimer window will appear shown below. Simply click on the Agree option.
- On the next screen, a Sign-in will appear as shown below.
- Enter your Username and Password to login to Mi Account.
- Sign-in using the same account which you’ve on your mobile.
- Now the Mi tool will confirm whether your Mi Account has permissions or not. So be patient and wait.
- Upon successful connection, the following window will appear on the screen.
- If Mi Unlock Tool shows an error connection, then again install Xiaomi USB drivers. If the problem persists, change the USB cable or USB port.
- Let’s start Redmi Note 8 bootloader unlock process now. To do so, click on the Unlock button as shown below.
- A warning unlock countdown will appear as shown below.
- To initiate the actual Redmi Note 8 unlock bootloader process, tap on Unlock anyway option.
- This will begin the actual Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 bootloader unlocking process.
- Be patient until it completes.
- As soon as it finishes, a message saying Unlocked successfully will appear on the screen.
- Simply restart your Note 8 by using the Reboot Phone option.
Note: When your phone restarts, an Unlocked message will show up under the Redmi Note 8 logo.
Finally! This is how you can unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 8 without waiting for Xiaomi permissions or without wiping or losing data. To confirm the same, navigate to the Settings > Additional settings > Developer options > Mi Unlock Status. For any queries or suggestions, use the comment box mentioned below.