Install Android 4.4.3 KitKat ROM on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i. The Galaxy Ace S5830i users were fed up by waiting for this Android 4.4 KitKat ROM for their devices.
Every other phone did get this KitKat update officially or unofficially. Also, the international variant Galaxy Ace S5830 got the KitKat update. It was only the S5830i device that remained behind.
Touchwiz Resurrected is the name of this ROM and is based on stock firmware. Users must note that this is not exactly an Android KitKat ROM but is a Gingerbread ROM that has been modified to look like KitKat.
The gingerbread’s limits have been broken down by this ROM. It will take you to a new era of modifications. It is quite smooth in performance-wise as well. The reason for that is this S5830i device owns such good features in it that are enough to run any ROM smoothly.
Some very special features combined with a perfect theme make it a unique ROM. Galaxy Ace S5830i will totally get a new look and experience with this Touchwiz Resurrected ROM.
Install Android 4.4.3 KitKat ROM on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i
If you are impressed by this ROM and want to try it out then head on to our actual article given below. Just don’t forget to take a complete backup before proceeding ahead.
Flashing this ROM over Stock firmware would be much appreciated but if you are currently using a custom ROM then please make sure that you flash this ROM according to the steps given.
The steps given are considered to be of much risk and a single wrong move will permanently damage the phone. If in case your Ace S5830i gets damaged or bricked by following this guide then neither we nor the developers of this ROM will be held responsible for that. Although the chances that this will happen are least still I highly recommend you to follow all the given procedure step by step properly.
This ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy Ace with the model number GT-S5830I. Do not install this ROM on any other device or variant.
- Charge your device at least up to 60%.
- Backup your contacts, messages, call logs, APN settings, memos etc.
- Also, backup the EFS folder present in your phone’s system directory.
- Install the latest Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Root and install CWM or TWRP on your device.
Steps to install Touchwiz Resurrected ROM on Galaxy Ace S5830I
- After downloading the ROM package file copy the same on your phone’s SD card by using the USB cable.
- Now disconnect your phone from the PC & switch it off completely until it vibrates.
- You need to enter into recovery mode now.
- For that press & hold ‘Home Button (middle button) + Power Button’ simultaneously until recovery mode appears.
- Touch won’t work in recovery mode.
- So use Volume up and down keys for navigation and the Home button for selection.
- At first, take a Nandroid backup of your device.
- Now navigate to the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option using Volume keys and select it using the Home button.
- On the next screen select the ‘wipe cache partition’ option.
- This will clear all the data & caches from your phone’s memory respectively.
- After completing everything as mentioned above, navigate to the Advanced option located on the recovery mode itself.
- Select the Reboot Recovery option on the next page.
- Navigate to the ‘install zip from SD card’ option using Volume up and down keys & select it using the Home button.
- Then on the next screen select the ‘choose zip from SD card’ option.
- This option will show all the data present on the external SD card.
- Select the Touchwiz Resurrected ROM which you’ve copied earlier. On the next page select the ‘Yes’ option to initiate the flashing process. Be patient till the process completes successfully.
- After completing the flashing process, you’ll again land into recovery mode.
- Then again select the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option followed by ‘wipe cache partition’ option on the recovery mode to clear all phones data & cache. This step is essential to solve the boot loop issue.
- Now similarly flash the GApps zip file as you’ve installed the custom ROM.
- Just remember not to wipe data after that.
- You may restart your phone by selecting the ‘reboot system now’ option from the recovery mode.
- This first boot will take more time to start than usual.
- Update Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830I to Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread XXMC1 firmware
- Install Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830I
Finally! You’ve successfully flashed the latest Android 4.4.3 KitKat-based Touchwiz Resurrected Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i smartphone. Go to Settings > About Phone and confirm the same. If you face any difficulty just drop your problem.