Root Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830I and install CWM Recover. This is the first smartphone of the world-famous Ace series. Due to its tremendous success, its successor Galaxy Ace Plus (launched in January 2012) and Galaxy Ace 2 (launched in February 2012) were introduced.
S5830i was officially launched with Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread. It’s some more features that include a TFT LCD capacitive touchscreen with protection by a Gorilla Glass. Moreover, it supports a 5-megapixel camera and is capable of recording videos at 320×240 resolution as well as 640×480 resolution.
However, due to a lack of hardware and RAM compatibility, this smartphone didn’t get any further official updates after Gingerbread. The Ace users that’s why need to rely on the custom ROMs to experience the new android versions.
But as we all know you need to root your device for flashing custom ROMs. This will void the device warranty. But if you want to regain it back then you can do that by un-root. But the thing is that once you root your phone, you’ll be experiencing so many additional features that you had never experienced before.
Rooting also has many benefits like flashing unofficial custom ROMs, custom kernels, replacing or moving the in-built system apps and settings, using any app which requires proper administrative permission, and accessing the entire hardware.
How to Root Galaxy Ace S5830I and Install CWM Recovery
If you are ready to experience all this, then proceed to our actual step-by-step article on rooting and flashing CWM recovery on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830I.
The steps mentioned below are risky and can damage your device. Follow all the step-by-step procedure at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any damage.
This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Ace with the model number GT-S5830i. Do not perform this on any other phone.
- Charge your phone to at least 50%.
- Backup your important phone data and settings before going further.
- Moreover, backup the EFS folder present in your phones system directory.
- Install the latest Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Enable the USB Debugging mode on your device.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i
- Download the Root package from the above link and transfer it (without extracting) on your device using the USB cable. Remember not to place it in deep directories.
- Now boot your Galaxy Ace into its stock recovery mode. For that firstly switch off your phone completely.
- For Galaxy Ace, Recovery mode can be entered by holding the Home button (Middle button) and the Power button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
- In this recovery mode, touch will not work. So you need to use Volume Up and Volume Down keys for navigation and the Home button (Middle button) for selection.
- Using the volume keys navigate to the ‘Update from SD card’ option and select it using the Home button. This will show all the files and folders located on the external SD card including the Root Package file which you have copied earlier.
- Now again using the volume keys, navigate to the Root Package (Update.zip) file and select it. On the next screen select Yes. This will start the Rooting process and will last for a minute.
- After that click the back button to return to the main screen of Recovery mode. Select the ‘Reboot system now’ option to reboot your device.
- Finally! Your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i is successfully rooted. An app named Superuser installed on your phone will confirm that your device is properly rooted. This Superuser app supervises every app that requires root access. Now you can easily play with the system settings of your phone.
Steps to Install CWM recovery on Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i
- Download the CWM package from the above link and transfer it (without extracting) on your device using the USB cable. Remember not to place it in deep directories.
- Again boot the device into its stock recovery mode. For that firstly switch off your phone completely.
- For Galaxy Ace, Recovery mode can be entered by holding the Home button (Middle button) and Power button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
- Use Volume Up and Volume Down keys for navigation and the Home button (Middle button) for selection.
- Using the volume keys navigate to the ‘Update from SD card’ option and select it using the Home button. This will show all your files and folders located on the external SD card including the CWM Package file which you have copied earlier.
- Now again using the volume keys, navigate to the CWM Package (CWM-recovery-S5830i.zip) file and select it. On the next screen select Yes. This will start the CWM flashing process and will last for a minute.
- Return to the main screen of Recovery mode. Select the ‘Reboot system now’ option to reboot your device.
- After completing the process, again boot your device into recovery mode by holding the Home button (Middle button) and Power button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
- Now select the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option followed by the ‘Wipe Cache partition’ option on the recovery mode to wipe all the data and caches from your phone memory. You can reboot your phone now by selecting ‘reboot system now’ option from the recovery mode itself.
Finally! You’ve successfully rooted and installed CWM recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i. While performing this process, if you come across any kind of difficulty or have any problem regarding the content then don’t hesitate to inform us through the comment section below.
17 thoughts on “Root Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830I and install CWM Recovery”
Hi I have rooted my s 5830i and installed jellyblast v 3.0.3 but I have still the stock kernel 188.8.131.52 [email protected]#1. I know that I have any restrictions because of the kernel but I don’t dare flash a custom kernel and I don’t know how. Until now! Now I am ready for a new adventure. Can you tell me how and which kernel is matching the s 5830i? I thank you in advance.
Topic: How to know (Clockworkmod) CWM recovery on Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i has been completed & installed on the phone.
Please also make clear the points below:
1) My phone does not come into recovery mode pressing Home+power.
2) at step 9 what should be done either ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ or ‘Wipe Cache partition’ because in phone the list shows
*reboot you phone
*update from sd card
*Wipe data/factory reset
*Wipe Cache partition
after completing this process how to know, it has completed because not any new app icon appears in mine phone.
1.Try pressing volume up + home + power buttons to enter cwm..
2.From the list of options, it seems that you are still using android stock recovery..so you need to again install cwm..
No new app appears after flashing cwm..
When I go into recovery mode, it comes up with the stock recovery each time. I then go to install the zip and up comes the CWM recovery. It seems to be running live from the sd card?!?
Thank you very much, I have successfully updated my 5830i to custom ROM.. phone is working perfect.
BTW, the download links you have provided (CWM-recovery-S5830i.zip & Super_Backup.apk ) aren’t working… i have downloaded CWM from another link (ClockWorkRec5830i.zip) and applied it. CWM’s screen is slightly different but its working fine…
please fix the broken links…
thank you again..
After doing two steps, I tried to install cyanogenmod, but it sgot stuck on boot screen. What I will do now? how to get back original samsung firmware?
Refer this guide..
After selecting cwm .the recovery mod changes to yellow colour.Then i rebooted it.After the phone became on i went again to recovery mode,i cant see any change,why?
It is a temporary recovery..You need to flash it every time..
I cant understand.Please define
I cant understand .Please define
Every time you want to boot into CWM recovery, you have to install it first..
I think it was a mistake by me. My custom recovery problem is for the galaxy S4 i9505, not for ace !excuse me
Can we dowload the file from our phone then transfer it to our sd card.. and not from pc then send it..
Yes you can..
thankyou sir ! you’r awesome !