Update Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670 with KitKat Special Edition Custom ROM. After the launch of Android 4.4 KitKat, many devices were waiting for this latest update on their devices, but due to much high RAM and hardware compatibility, only a few lucky ones got it officially.
We are all aware that an aging and low-end device like Galaxy Fit S5670 will never get any further official update after gingerbread. So the only way to experience those new features is to flash the third-party custom ROMs.
Today we have come up with KitKat Special Edition ROM, especially for Fit users. This ROM is based on Cyanogenmod and is compact with KitKat ported features. Many developers have contributed to this ROM.
Some of which are Autoradio78, Cyanogenmod team, Jerryscript and Squadzone, Saldymhmd, san122, Drunkenmaster, F4uzan and Matrixdj96. There are many more features that we haven’t mentioned here in this article, you will come across them after you flash this fabulous ROM.
This KitKat Special Edition ROM is completely stable, lag-free, and has no bugs or issues. Still, you face any, just inform us. With the passing days, there are chances of its further stable updates to get released.
They will be definitely compact with some more advanced features and customization options. You may proceed further with the actual ROM flashing process.
Proceed at your own risk. Neither we at Droid Thunder nor the developers will be responsible for any damage whatsoever. We request you to perform the steps carefully.
This Custom ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy Fit with the model number GT-S5670. Do NOT install this unofficial firmware on any other device or variant. It might cause unwanted outcomes or bricked device.
- Lack of charging might interrupt the process. Hence, charge your phone at least up to 60%.
- Take a complete backup of your important phone data and settings before proceeding further.
- Do NOT install this ROM on Android 2.2/2.2.3 Froyo. You require Android 2.3 Gingerbread to go ahead.
- Moreover, backup EFS folder present in your phone’s system directory.
- Also, install the latest Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Enable the USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Besides, root Galaxy Fit and install CWM recovery.
- (Optional) Temporary disable all the security tools as well as antivirus on your PC.
Steps to install KitKat Special Edition on Galaxy Fit S5670:
- Download the ROM package file on your phone.
- Switch off the phone completely. You need to enter into recovery mode now.
- For the same, press & hold ‘Home Button (middle button) + Power Button’ simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
- Touch won’t work here in recovery. So all you need to do is use the Volume keys for navigation and the Home button for selection.
- At first, take a complete Nandroid backup of your current ROM.
- After taking the backup, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option followed by ‘wipe cache partition’ option to clear all your data & caches from your device internal memory respectively.
- You’ll find an option named ‘install zip from SD card’ in the main menu of recovery mode.
- Select it using the Home button (middle button). On the next screen select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option which will show you all the files and folders located on your phones external SD card.
- Simply navigate to the KitKat Special Edition ROM package which you’ve just copied earlier & select it.
- Press the ‘Yes’ option on the next page to start the ROM flashing process. Be patient and wait until it completes.
- In few minutes, the ROM will get successfully flashed.
- After that, you’ll again land into recovery mode. Now navigate to the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it.
- Similarly, do it for the ‘wipe cache partition’ option on the recovery mode.
- Both these options will clear the entire data & cache present of your phone’s internal memory.
- Similarly, install the GApps zip file as you’ve installed the custom ROM. Just remember not to wipe data after that.
- You may restart your phone now. For that navigate to the ‘reboot system now’ option and select it.
- You’ll notice that a complete new boot has been executed.
- This first boot will take more time to start than usual.
Finally! You’ve successfully flashed the KitKat Special Edition Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670. Enjoy and experience the new Android KitKat features with this ROM. If you face any kind of difficulty while going through the process, then do let us know via the comments section below.