Update Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i to Android 4.4.3 KitKat ROM. The Galaxy Ace S5830i users were fed up by waiting for this Android 4.4 KitKat ROM for their devices. Every other phone did get this KitKat update officially or unofficially. Also the international variant Galaxy Ace S5830 got the KitKat update. It was only the S5830i device which remained behind. Touchwiz Resurrected is the name of this ROM and is based on stock firmware. Users must note that this is not exactly an Android KitKat ROM but is a Gingerbread ROM which has been modified to look like KitKat. The gingerbread’s limits have been broken down by this ROM. It will take you to a new era of modifications. It is quite smooth in performance wise as well. The reason for that is this S5830i device owns such good features in it which are enough to run any ROM smoothly. Some very special features combined with perfect theme makes it a complete unique ROM. Galaxy Ace S5830i will totally get a new look and experience with this Touchwiz Resurrected ROM. So update Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i to Android 4.4.3 KitKat ROM.
- Added Custom Lockscreen Animations.
- Redesigned Settings, Dialer, Contacts, statusbar.
- Show/hide Music control on lockscreen.
- Customizable Toggle Text Color
- Life Companion Text on lockscreen
- Made New Memo App.
- Use of several Galaxy S5 layouts inside statusBar.
- Added New S5 Launcher.
- Can immediately clear RAM.
- Added List View Settings.
- Redesigned Music App.
- Edited Gradient style of statusBar.
- Hide/Show Brightness bar in statusbar.
- Edited the scripts for better performance.
- Show/Hide Toggle Text
- Show/Hide Recent quick buttons.
- Added Multi Window Option.
- Tons of new S5 High quality resources used.
- Lockscreen Music Control.
- Added Tabbed Settings.
- Added Full Screen apps.
- Redesigned Whole framework.
If you are impressed b this ROM and want to try it out then head on to our actual article given below. Just don’t forget to take a complete backup before proceeding ahead. Flashing this ROM over Stock firmware would be much appreciated but if you are currently using a custom ROM then please make sure that you flash this ROM according to the steps given. Do not try to implement anything by your own. This may brick or completely damage your S5830i smart phone. Although this ROM is completely stable and has no issues, still if you face any, just inform me through the comments. The steps given are considered to be of much risk and a single wrong move will permanently damage the phone. If in case your Ace S5830i gets damaged or bricked by following this guide then neither we nor the developers of this ROM will be held responsible for that. Although the chances that this will happen are least still I highly recommend you to follow all the given procedure step by step properly. This ROM is only compatible for Samsung Galaxy Ace bearing the model number GT-S5830I. Installing this update on S5830 or any other device or variant may result into unwanted outcomes or bricked device. Better check your device model number first from Homescreen–> Menu–>Settings –> About Phone before moving further.
- Charge your phones battery before moving further. This is must so as to decrease the risk of interruption during the flashing process. So I highly recommend to charge the battery of your phone at least up to 60%.
- Backup every data present on your phone including contacts, SMS/MMS, APN settings, Memo, Call logs etc. Transfer them on your PC for more safety. In the last step of this procedure you need to wipe all the data present in your phones internal memory so a backup must be done so as to decrease the risk of loosing your important data.
- EFS folder, a very sensitive folder present in your system directory must be backed up. This folder contains all your phones specific information such as the IMEI, wireless devices MAC addresses, product code, and much more. There is always a risk that sometimes flashing ROM may corrupt the content within this EFS folder. If so happened, your device will be completely useless & will no longer be recognized by your carrier. Refer our article to backup and restore EFS/IMEI data:
- Make sure that your Galaxy Ace S5830I is rooted. Also a Custom recovery like CWM (Clockworkmod) or TWRP must be installed on your phone before proceeding further. Follow our article for the same.
- Install mobile specific drivers on your PC so as to recognize your phone when connected via USB cable. You can install them by installing Samsung Kies or manually install them from the link given below:
Procedure to update Galaxy Ace S5830I to Touchwiz Resurrected ROM (Android 4.4.3):
- Download Touchwiz Resurrected Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830I.
- Download Google Apps (GApps).
Step 1: After downloading the ROM package file copy the same on your phones SD card by using the USB cable.
Step 2: Now disconnect your phone from PC & switch it off completely until it vibrates.
Step 3: You need to enter into recovery mode now. For that press & hold ‘Home Button (middle button) + Power Button’ simultaneously until recovery mode appears.
Note: Touch won’t work in recovery mode. So use Volume up and down keys for navigation and Home button for selection.
As soon as you enter into recovery make a complete nandroid backup. This nandroid backup is the backup of your entire operating system & is always helpful during the failure while flashing process or during any problem with the ROM, then you can easily restore your saved previous ROM.
Refer our detailed article for taking Nandroid backup:
Step 4: For doing same, navigate to the ‘backup & restore’ option on the recovery mode itself and on the next screen select ‘backup’ option. This will make a complete nandroid backup of your current ROM.
Step 5: Now navigate to the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option using Volume keys and select it using Home button. On the next screen select ‘wipe cache partition’ option. This will clear all the data & caches from your phones memory respectively. So a complete backup of everything is must before attempting this step (as mentioned in prerequisites).
Step 6: After completing everything as mentioned above, navigate to the Advanced option located on the recovery mode itself. Select Reboot Recovery option on the next page.
Wait until you boot again into recovery.
Let’s move to the actual Android 4.4.3 KitKat ROM installation process on your Galaxy Ace S5830I.
Step 7: Navigate to the ‘install zip from SD card’ option using Volume up and down keys & select it using Home button. Then on the next screen select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option. This option will show all the data present on external SD card. Select the Touchwiz Resurrected ROM which you’ve copied earlier. On the next page select ‘Yes’ option to initiate the flashing process. Be patient till the process completes successfully.
Step 8: After completing the flashing process, you’ll again land into recovery mode. Then again select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option followed by ‘wipe cache partition’ option on the recovery mode to clear all phones data & cache. This step is essential to solve the boot loop issue.
Step 9: Now similarly flash the GApps zip file as you’ve installed the custom ROM. Just remember not to wipe data after that.
Step 10: You may restart your phone by selecting ‘reboot system now’ option from the recovery mode. This first boot will take more time to start than usual.
Note: If you want to restore back your previous Rom, then you can do that by going back to the recovery mode by pressing & holding Home Button (middle button) + Power Button simultaneously and select ‘Backup and Restore’ option and then on next page select ‘Restore’ option. Select the ROM you want to restore.
If you want to flash the latest Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread firmware on your Galaxy Ace S5830I then you may refer our article for the same:
If you want to flash the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM on your Galaxy Ace S5830I then refer our article given below:
Great! Your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i has been successfully updated to Android 4.4.3 KitKat based Touchwiz Resurrected Custom ROM. Go to Settings->About Phone to confirm the same. This is the most customizable ROM developed for galaxy Ace S5830i. So enjoy its each and every feature. It is absolutely stable, bug free and you’ll face no lag while using it. Do share your views & experience after using this Touchwiz Resurrected ROM on S5830i. If you face any difficulty just drop your problem and I’ll come to help you out. Till then Enjoy! 🙂