Due to hardware limitation, the developers of Samsung Galaxy Fit GT-S5670 stopped on its final official Android 2.3 update. After that it did get many un-official ROMs based on the new version but no official from Samsung. These ROMs have thus proven themselves as the best alternative for enjoying and experiencing all those latest devastating and amazing features on a device. The xda developers fortunately have been working hard to provide you with the best suitable ROMs for Galaxy Fit users. Today they have come up with CM 10.2 based on the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean especially for Samsung Galaxy Fit.
With this ROM you can experience Jelly Bean features along with the Cyanogenmod features all together. The Stock ROM of Galaxy fit is very much slow and sometimes has a lagging problem. But with this latest Android 4.3 ROM you will definitely feel the new boost in performance of your device. It also makes the look of your device cool with its beautiful interface. It’s now possible to optimize as well as customize the system settings located in your phone.
- Added new theme and customization options.
- System tweaks
- Camera quality tweaks.
- Smart pause toggle in notifications slider.
- Added new notification which can be accessed through lock screens.
- Easily access the internal system.
- GPS Configuration tweaks.
- Settings and recent apps shortcut on status bar.
- New phone dialer app.
- Battery saving tweaks for extended battery life.
If you are ready to experience the all new Jelly Bean effect on your Samsung Galaxy Fit than head on to the detailed procedure given below.
The process of updating Samsung Galaxy Fit with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean via CM 10.2 ROM is considered to be of much risk and must be done only by professionals. If you don’t have any kind of knowledge regarding this stuff then it’s better to stop here. Neither we nor the developers will be responsible if anything happens to your device by following our article. We just recommend you to follow all the given procedure step by step properly and without trying anything by your own.
This update is only compatible for Samsung Galaxy Fit model number GT-S5670. Flashing this on any other device or variant will result into unwanted outcomes. You can verify your device model number from Homescreen–> Menu–>Settings –> About Phone.
- Your device may get switched off during the flashing process due to low battery life. Hence it is strongly recommended to charge the battery of your mobile at least up to 60%.
- Also remember to backup all your Phone data and settings including contacts, messages and call logs etc. to external memory card or on your PC for more safety. All this is necessary since everything gets wiped in the last step of procedure.
- A folder called EFS is present in your phones system directory which contains all your phones specific information such as the IMEI, wireless devices MAC addresses, product code, and much more. If by mistake this folder gets wiped out then your device will be completely useless & will no longer be recognized by your carrier. Refer our article to backup and restore EFS/IMEI data:
- Ensure that a Custom Recovery like Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery is installed on your device which is very much essential to flash Jelly Bean Custom ROM. If you haven’t installed it yet don’t worry, just follow this guide.
- Ensure that you have installed mobile specific drivers on your PC so as to detect the phone when you connect it to your PC. You can install them from the Samsung Kies CD which you’ve got at the time of purchase or just manually install them from link given below.
- Disable all the security tools as well as antivirus that is installed on your PC temporarily. They may increase the risk of interruption during the flashing process.
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy Fit GT-S5670 with Jelly Bean [Android 4.3]:
- Download the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM from the given link below:
- Download Google Apps (GApps) from the given link below:
Step 1: After downloading, connect your device to computer using the USB cable and copy it on your SD card. Remember not to place it in deep directories and most importantly do not extract it.
Step 2: Now disconnect your device and switch it off completely. You need to enter into the recovery mode now which can be entered by holding Home Button (middle button) + Power Button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
Step 3: After entering into recovery you’ll see that touch won’t work here. All you need to do is use Volume Up and Down key for navigation and Home button for selection.
Step 4: The first thing after entering into recovery mode is to make a nandroid backup. This nandroid backup which is the backup of your entire operating system is much essential as in case if this installation fails or some trouble occurs then you can easily restore the previous ROM from the CWM recovery.
Refer our detailed article for taking Nandroid backup:
Step 5: Navigate to the backup & restore option from the recovery mode itself and make a nandroid backup of your current ROM. This is strongly recommended in case if you don’t like this ROM or you face some issue with the same.
Step 6: Let’s move to the actual installation process now. After taking a proper backup navigate to the ‘install zip from SD card ‘option located on the recovery mode & then ‘choose zip from SD card’. As you click on it, you will see all your folders and files present on SD card. Just select the ROM package which you’ve copied earlier. Confirm the installation by pressing ‘Yes’. The process will begin immediately.
Step 7: ROM installation process will not take more than 5 minutes to complete. Wait, the process is not completed yet. Select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ followed by ‘wipe cache partition’ option on the recovery mode to clear all the data & cache from the phone memory respectively.
Step 8: Now similarly flash the GApps zip file as you’ve installed the custom ROM. Just remember not to wipe data after that.
Step 9: Once everything mentioned above is done, restart your device by selecting ‘reboot system now’ from the Recovery mode. Note that he first boot will take more time to start than usual.
Note: If you don’t like this ROM and want to restore back your previous Rom you can do that by simply going back to the recovery mode by holding Home Button (middle button) + Power Button simultaneously and select ‘Backup and Restore’ option and then on next screen select ‘Restore’. If you want to flash Official Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread on your Fit then follow our article given below.
Yoyo! The Cyanogenmod 10.2 running on the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean been successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670. Enjoy the bug free and very smooth performance of your device with this ROM. If you face any kind of difficulty, trouble or have any issue with this stuff then just drop your problem through comments given below. We’ll provide you with an exact solution as soon as possible.