Install Android 4.4 KitKat Cyanogenmod 11 on Galaxy Fit GT-S5670. After Google unveiled the latest Android 4.4 KitKat version for their newly launched Nexus 5, no other devices had this latest OS.
Day by day many developers rolled out official as well as un-official KitKat version for many devices. But as compared, more than officials the percentage of un-official updates was high.
The reasons for that may be the developers require much more time to prepare a stable and bug-free update than the unofficial ones. So before the release of an official update for a particular device its un-official ROM is revealed.
This way it becomes easy to experience the latest version especially for those who have no patience to wait for the officials to release. As soon as Google releases the source code for any particular device, developers all over the world immediately start development on it.
Thus many Custom ROMs are rolled out one after another every year. But the only drawback for these un-officials is they may have untested bugs and issues. These bugs may vary from device to device.
Well, we can also say that the latest official updates are released only for flagship devices. Hence, the rest users of low-end devices are forced to rely on the poor older versions. They can’t experience the newly launched versions on their devices.
The main reason behind this is the hardware compatibility of these phones. It is much less and is not capable to run the new blazing features. To fix this, the Cyanogenmod team has fortunately launched the latest OS for low-end devices.
But due to hardware limitations, there can be many bugs and issues in these un-official updates. In this article, we have come up with the latest Android KitKat flavored ROM, especially for Samsung Galaxy Fit.
The developers of Galaxy Fit, the most famous low-end device after Ace has stopped releasing further updates for the same. The last official update for this handset was the Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Unfortunately, Samsung never released any further updates.
The last official update that was released for Fit was Android 2.3 Gingerbread. After that, no more official updates were rolled for the same. Thanks to the XDA team who always made it possible for the fit users to experience the new versions.
Finally keeping all the rumors behind, the most awaited Android 4.4 KitKat ROM is here for Fit which can be updated through the latest Cyanogenmod 11 build. You can now enjoy all the latest KitKat flavored features.
Some of which are refurnished Google home with new launcher, new phone dialer app, screen recording, security and system improvements, NFC emulation, Google wallet, new quick office, low memory management support, etc.
How to Install CyanogenMod 11 ROM on Galaxy Fit GT-S5670
Are you ready to enjoy the Android 4.4 KitKat flavored Cyanogenmod 11 ROM? Then let’s begin the installation guide.
The process to update Samsung Galaxy fit to Cyanogenmod 11 Custom ROM is risky. Neither we nor the developers will be responsible if anything happens to your device by following our article.
This is only for the Samsung Galaxy Fit model number GT-S5670. Flashing this on any other device or variant will result in unwanted outcomes.
- Charge the battery of your mobile at least up to 60%.
- Backup your important data and settings for safety.
- Enable the USB Debugging mode on your phone.
- Download Galaxy Fit USB drivers and install them on your Windows PC.
- Also, root and install CWM on Galaxy Fit before going further.
- (IMPORTANT!) For flashing CyanogenMod 11, you need to install the latest CWM recovery 18.104.22.168. If you haven’t installed it yet, then don’t worry just follow these steps given below:
- Download the latest CWM 22.214.171.124 recovery package from Here.
- Transfer it on your external SD card using a USB cable.
- Switch off your Galaxy fit & boot into recovery mode.
- For doing so, keep holding the home button and power button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
- Select Install from SD card option & install this latest 126.96.36.199 recovery.
After successful flashing of the latest CWM 188.8.131.52 recovery, proceed further with the Android 4.4 KitKat ROM installation process.
Steps to install CyanogenMod 11 on Samsung Galaxy Fit GT-S5670
- Download the Cyanogenmod 11 ROM and GApps package on your Galaxy Fit.
- Moreover, switch off your device completely.
- Boot your phone into CWM recovery mode.
- For that hold ‘Home Button (middle button) + Power Button’ simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
- Touch won’t work in CWM recovery. So all you need to do is use the Volume keys for navigation and the Home button for selection.
- At first, make a Nandroid backup. This is the backup of your entire operating system.
- Let’s move to the actual Cyanogenmod 11 ROM installation process now.
- After taking a proper backup, select the ‘install zip from SD card ‘option.
- Then, select the ‘choose zip from SD card’ option.
- This will show all your folders and files present on your external SD card.
- Just select the CyanogenMod 11 ROM package file.
- Click on Yes to confirm the installation process.
- This will start the installation process immediately.
- The flashing process will hardly take 5 minutes to complete.
- Upon successful completion, select the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and the ‘wipe cache partition’ options.
- This will clear all the data and caches from the phone memory respectively.
- Similarly, install the GApps zip file as you’ve installed the custom ROM. Just remember not to wipe data after that.
- At last, restart the device using the ‘reboot system now’ option.
- Remember that this first boot will take more time to start than usual.
Finally! You have successfully flashed the Cyanogenmod 11 Custom ROM running on the latest Android 4.4 KitKat on your Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670. Enjoy the KitKat flavored features of this ROM on your Fit. Just in case you come across any type of difficulty, trouble, or have any issue with this stuff then drop your problem through the comments given below.