Due to hardware limitations, the developers of the Samsung Galaxy Fit GT-S5670 stopped on its final official Android 2.3 update. After that, it did get many unofficial ROMs based on the new version but no official from Samsung. These ROMs have thus proven themselves as the best alternative for enjoying and experiencing all those latest devastating and unique features on a device.
FORTUNATELY, the XDA developers have been working hard to provide you with the best suitable ROMs for Galaxy Fit users. Today they have come up with CM 10.2 based on the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, especially for Samsung Galaxy Fit. With this ROM, you can experience Jelly Bean features along with the Cyanogenmod features altogether.
The Stock ROM of Galaxy fit is very much slow and sometimes has a lagging problem. But with this latest Android 4.3 ROM, you will feel the new boost in the performance of your device. It also makes the look of your device cool with its beautiful interface. It’s now possible to optimize as well as customize the system settings located in your phone.
The process given ahead is considered to be of many risks. If you don’t have any knowledge regarding this stuff, then it’s better to stop here. We at Droid Thunder nor the developers will be responsible if your device gets damaged by following our article.
Install this update is only on the Samsung Galaxy Fit model number GT-S5670. Flashing this on any other device or variant might result in unwanted outcomes.
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 50%.
- Back up your important phone data and settings before going further.
- Moreover, backup EFS folder present in your phone’s system directory.
- Also, install the latest Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Enable the USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Root Galaxy Fit and install CWM recovery.
- Disable all the security tools as well as antivirus on your PC.
Steps to install Android 4.3 JB ROM on Galaxy Fit
- Connect your device to a PC and copy the downloaded files on your SD card.
- Now disconnect your device and switch it off.
- You need to enter into recovery mode. For that, press and hold the Home Button (middle button) + Power Button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
- In recovery, touch will not work.
- Hence, use Volume Up and Down key for navigation and the Home button for selection.
- Take the Nandroid backup of your current ROM.
- Let’s move to the actual installation process now.
- Select the ‘install zip from SD card ‘option and then ‘choose zip from SD card’.
- You will see all your folders and files present on the SD card as you click on it.
- Just select the ROM package which you’ve copied earlier.
- Confirm the installation by pressing ‘Yes’.
- The process will begin immediately.
- The ROM flashing process will not take more than 5 minutes to complete.
- Wait, the process is not completed yet.
- Select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ followed by the ‘wipe cache partition’ option.
- This will clear all the data & cache from the phone memory, respectively.
- Similarly, flash the GApps zip file as you’ve installed the custom ROM.
- Just remember not to wipe data after that.
- Finally, restart your device by selecting ‘reboot system now’.
- The first boot will take more time to start than usual.
- If you want back your previous ROM, then use the Restore option from the recovery mode.
Finally! You’ve successfully installed the latest Cyanogenmod 10.2 based Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Fit GT-S5670. Enjoy the bug-free and very smooth performance of your device with this ROM. If you face any difficulty, trouble, or issue with this guide, contact us below.