Sony Mobile is a Japanese smartphone company founded in 2001. It designs and develops Android and Windows smartphones, Playstations, TV, etc. To detect your phone on PC, you need a specific Android PC suite or mobile USB drivers. In this easy step-by-step guide, we’ll download and install the latest Sony USB Driver.
Sony provides an official PC companion software that works as an all-in-one tool. You can use this tool to transfer phone data, take backup and restore, update software, etc. Moreover, it supports almost all Sony Xperia smartphones and tablets. However, the only drawback is that it requires regular timely updates to work properly.
In case, if Sony PC companion is not detecting your phone, then install the Latest Sony USB drivers on your PC. Sony USB Driver allows you to successfully connect your Sony Xperia device to the Windows, Linux, and MAC OS. Here, we’ve mentioned all the Sony devices along with model number and their respective USB Drivers.
Download Sony USB Driver Latest Version
Check out the complete list of all the Sony devices and USB Driver download links.
How to Install Sony Drivers on Windows
- Extract the downloaded USB driver zip file on your computer.
- Navigate to Control Panel > Device Manager.
- Single click on your Computer Name present at the top.
- Tap on the Actions tab, and launch Add legacy hardware.
- Now, a Welcome to the Add Hardware Wizard window will appear.
- Tap Next and choose Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced).
- Furthermore, tap Next, and select the Show All Devices option.
- Next, tap on the Have Disk option.
- Browse and select the Sony USB driver setup file from the extracted folder.
- Tap Next to initiate the actual USB driver installation process.
- Upon completion, a successful message will popup on the screen.
- Finally, click on the Finish button.
Good Job! This is how you can download and install the official latest Sony USB Driver on your Windows PC. If you have any questions related to this article, then feel free to comment below. Thank you!