If you own an LG Android phone and want to gain root access, flash custom firmware, mods, etc., then you need to take a backup first. Since these processes are risky, the best way is to back up files on your computer. However, to connect your LG mobile phone to a PC, you need the specific LG USB Drivers.
In this guide, we’ll download and install the latest official LG USB Drivers on Windows and macOS. Yes, the company does provide LG Bridge Tool and LG PC Suite to transfer files from phone to PC wirelessly, update software, and take backup and restore. But, these applications do not work for every LG smartphone and tablet.
At such times, you can connect the LG phone to the computer using a USB cable and manually transfer the files or take backup and restore. Moreover, to update LG mobile software or to install stock ROM on LG devices, there are tools such as LG Flash Tool, LGUP Tool, and LG Uppercut Tool. You can use these tools to flash the KDZ, TOT, and DZ stock firmware files.
When you connect your phone via a USB cable, the computer’s operating system automatically installs the device-specific USB driver. However, these are not the most up-to-date drivers. Hence, it is necessary to manually update the Android USB Drivers that can help your computer properly recognize the connected Android device.
Download LG USB Drivers
Check out the complete list of LG USB Drivers download links along with an easy step-by-step installation guide.
How to Install LG Drivers on Windows OS
- Double-click the downloaded LGMobileDriver_WHQL_Ver_4.4.2.exe file on your Windows PC.
- This will start the LG Mobile Driver InstallShield Wizard.
- Select your Language and click on Next.
- On the next screen, again press Next to start the actual USB Driver installation process.
- This process will hardly take a few minutes to complete.
- Upon completion, a successful message will appear. Click on OK to finish.
- Finally, restart your Windows PC.
How to Install LG Drivers on macOS
- Extract the downloaded LGMobileMacDriver_v5.4.zip file on your Mac PC.
- Launch the LG_Mobile_MAC_Driver.pkg file.
- This will open the Installation Wizard on your PC.
- Read the LG USB Driver version information and click on Continue.
- Press Continue to confirm the installation.
- At last, click on the Continue Installation button to install the LG Mobile USB Drivers on macOS.
- As soon as the process completes, a successful message will appear on the screen.
- Simply click on Restart to reboot your computer.
Finally! This is how you can download and install the LG USB Drivers on your Windows and Mac operating systems. Kindly drop your questions and suggestions in the comment box below. Thank you!