Root LG G4 for T-mobile, Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and International variants with this easy and detailed step-by-step guide. Moreover, this week a well-recognized developer the cubed from XDA released a method to root LG G4 smartphones of all variants.
He named this method as Low Effort Root. Actually, these developers never wanted to release this Root method so soon. However, seeing the increasing craze for this smartphone they finally posted it.
Firstly we let you know that this root method requires data up to 4 GB since we are flashing a complete new system partition. Until now there is only one rooting method available and it’s only for the LG G4 international variant.
How to Root LG G4 (International, T-mobile, Verizon, AT&T, Sprint)
Follow our step-by-step guide to root your LG smartphone.
Follow each and every step given below at your own risk. If accidentally any disaster occurs, then neither me nor the developers will be responsible for that. Although the chances that your phone will get damaged are least. But still, I highly recommend you to read and follow all the steps without a single mistake.
Note that this rooting method mentioned below is only and only for LG G4 T-mobile, Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and International variants. Do not perform this on any other device or variant other than the mentioned, as it may cause severe damage. Better check your device model number before proceeding further.
- Charge your phone’s battery at least up to 60%.
- Enable the USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Backup all your important data and settings present on the phone.
- Ensure that mobile-specific drivers are installed on your PC.
- Besides, temporarily disable Antivirus and Firewall on your computer.
T-Mobile H811 10H Verizon VS986 11A International H815 10c AT&T H810 10G Sprint LS991 ZV5
Steps to Root LG G4
- Download the files given above according to your LG G4 model.
- Extract the tar.gz file in a specific folder on your computer.
- After extracting you’ll see a file named ‘system.rooted.phonemodel.img’
- Moreover, connect your LG G4 to the computer using a USB cable.
- Once connected, touch and drag down the notification panel.
- Besides, click on Charging.
- Select the Media Device (MTP) option.
- Now copy the ‘system.rooted.phonemodel.img’ file from your computer to the root directory of your phone’s internal storage.
- Do not rename the file, or move it into any folders, simply copy it.
- If you don’t find such a file, just stop right here, re-download, and extract the tar.gz file again.
- You may disconnect the phone after copying the file.
- Furthermore, download and extract this LG_Root.zip file on your computer.
- You’ll see the following files after extracting:
- Furthermore, in the extracted LG_Root folder on PC, you need to open a command prompt window.
- For that press and hold the Shift button of your keyboard.
- By holding it, right mouse click on empty space.
- You’ll see a list of options, from which choose the Open command window here option. This will launch a command window.
- Besides, switch off your LG G4 completely until it vibrates.
- When your phone is powered off, hold volume up button and connect the phone to PC using USB cable.
- Moreover, you’ll see download mode for a few seconds and then it’ll show ‘Firmware Update’.
- This means you have safely landed into download mode.
- On PC, double-click on the ports.bat file. This will show you the COM Port number to which your device is connected.
- Moreover, you may close the command prompt window now.
- Now double-click on Send_Command.exe file from the LG_Root folder. Enter this code in command window.
- Here COM4 is my COM Port number you must type the number of COM Port which got earlier.
- Now type ‘id’ (without quotes) command in command prompt window. Press Enter key.
- As soon as you enter, you’ll see some text starting with ‘uid=(0)root gid=(0)root’.
- If such thing doesn’t happen just press CTRL-C, and perform the step again.
- Sometimes this application doesn’t respond on the first command.
- Now as per your phone variant enter the commands given below.
- Correctly choose your device without any mistake.
- International H815 10c Version (Do not use this command for H815T, H815TR or H815P. Its only for H815 10c Version):
dd if=/data/media/0/system.rooted.H81510c-EU.img bs=8192 seek=55296 count=529920 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0
dd if=/data/media/0/system.rooted.H81110h.img bs=8192 seek=65536 count=548352 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0
- VZW VS986 11A Version:
dd if=/data/media/0/system.rooted.vs98611a.img bs=8192 seek=65536 count=548352 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0
- AT&T H810 10G Version:
dd if=/data/media/0/system.rooted.h81010g.img bs=8192 seek=65536 count=579584 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0
- Sprint LS991 ZV5 Version:
dd if=/data/media/0/system.rooted.LS991ZV5.img bs=8192 seek=65536 count=557312 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0
- If your phone isn’t listed here DO NOT run these commands on your phone. It might brick your LG G4.
- After entering the command, the actual process of flashing the rooted system image will begin.
- Be patient and sit back for a minute to complete the process successfully.
- After the process completes, you’ll see a ‘#’ prompt.
- This will confirm that the flashing process has completed.
- Just type ‘LEAVE’ (without quotes) command and press enter.
- This will reboot your LG G4.
- The phone after restarting will have a complete Root access.
- Now go to settings and disable the OTA Updates.
- If you accidentally take an OTA, you might not be able to roll back or fix it.
- You can also delete the system.rooted.phonemodel.img file from the phones internal storage as it is no longer needed.
Finally! You’ve successfully rooted your LG G4 smartphone for T-mobile, Verizon, AT&T, Sprint and International variants. If you have any doubts regarding this article then do inform me through the comments.