Root and install CWM recovery on Galaxy Mega 6.3 Sprint SPH-L600. Besides, after the release of the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop OS, many third party developers are launching unofficial custom firmware for Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 Sprint SPH-L600 smartphone. Moreover, this phone recently got official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update from Samsung, and we can hardly say whether this phone will get the official lollipop update or not.
Hence, rather than waiting for it, you may flash the unofficial custom ROMs and get the experience of the fresh new OS. However, before installing any custom ROM if is necessary to root your phone and install custom recovery on it. Furthermore, here we’ll discuss simple and easy steps on how to Root & install Philz touch custom recovery on Galaxy Mega 6.3 Sprint SPH-L600.
The procedure given below for rooting and flashing the Philz touch custom recovery on your phone is considered to be of much risk. If your phone gets damages by following this guide then neither I nor the developers will be held responsible.
This process is only for Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 Sprint having model number SPH-L600. Do not try this on any other phone as it may cause severe damage.
- Rooting will void your phones warranty.
- Charge your phones battery at least up to 60% to minimize the risk of interruption during the process.
- Moreover, take a complete backup of your important data including Contacts, Apps, Messages, call logs, notes, APN settings etc.
- Ensure that mobile USB drivers are installed on your PC.
- Also, enable the USB Debugging mode on your device.
Procedure to Root Galaxy Mega 6.3 Sprint SPH-L600:
Method 1: Using RF-Auto Root
- Download and extract the CF-Auto Root.zip file in a specific folder on your PC. After extracting you’ll see the following files in it:
- Furthermore, switch off your Galaxy Mega 6.3 Sprint SPH-L600 smartphone.
- You need to boot your phone into downloading mode. For doing so, simultaneously press and hold Home button (middle button) + Volume Down key + Power button until you see a warning message.
- Leave all the three buttons and just press Volume Up key to continue. This will enter your device into downloading mode.
- Moreover, keeping the phone as it is in downloading mode, connect it to PC with original USB data cable.
- Then launch the Odin Multi Downloader3-v3.07 from the extracted zip file on PC. As soon as you launch it, you’ll see that an ‘Added’ message appears on the Odin window. Also the ID:COM section will turn light blue in color with a random COM PORT number below it.
- If such thing doesn’t happen, then there must be issue with your phones drivers. So re-install mobile specific drivers or try using other USB data cable or with try other USB port.
- Furthermore, on the Odin window, tap on PDA tab and locate the ‘CF-Auto Root.tar’ file from the extracted folder & select it.
- Let’s initiate the Rooting process. So hit the Start button located on the Odin window to begin the Rooting process. You’ll notice that your phone will automatically reboot itself while the process goes on.
- Besides, do not unplug USB data cable until the process completes.
- Be patient and wait a minute as the process completes. After successful rooting, the ID:COM section on the Odin window will turn Green with the message ‘Pass’ below it. Now you may safely disconnect the USB cable.
- Moreover, if the process fails or if Odin gets stuck or in case your device gets boot loops, then don’t panic. Just close the Odin window, go into downloading mode and repeat the whole process again.
- Finally! You’ve successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 Sprint SPH-L600 smartphone. An app called SuperSU installed on your phone will confirm that your phone is rooted. This SuperSU app supervises each and every app that requires root access.
Method 2: Using King Root
- Download and install King Root v4.5.2 app on your Galaxy Mega 6.3 Sprint SPH-L600.
- Launch it and click on the Try to Root option. This will start the rooting process.
- Besides, the process will take a minute to complete successfully.
- After successful completion, you’ll see green tick with Root successfully message appearing below it. This will confirm that your Galaxy Mega 6.3 Sprint SPH-L600 has been successfully Rooted.
- After rooting, Kinguser and some other Chinese application will be automatically installed on your phone. To replace this application with Super SU follow the steps given below:
- Download and install SuperSU-me app on your phone.
- Launch the app and grant root permissions.
- Moreover, tap on the Blue Android button to start the replacing process.
- The process will complete in a minute and the Kinguser and other Chinese apps will get replaced by SuperSU.
Steps to install Philz touch recovery on Galaxy Mega 6.3:
Method 1: Using Android Stock recovery
- Download the Philz touch recovery.zip file on your PC. Do not extract it.
- Connect your Galaxy Mega to PC, enable mass storage and copy the Philz recovery.zip file on your phones internal / external storage.
- Disconnect your phone from PC and switch it off.
- Boot the phone into Android stock recovery. For doing the same, press and hold Volume Up key + Home button (Middle button) + Power button simultaneously until you land into Android stock recovery.
- Touch will not work here in Android stock recovery. You need to use Volume up and down keys for navigation and Home button (middle button) for selection.
- Using Volume keys navigate to Apply update from SD card option and select it using Home button.
- This will show all the files on your internal / external storage. Just navigate to the Philz touch recovery.zip file which you’ve copied earlier and select it to begin the flashing process.
- After successful completion select the reboot system now option to restart the phone.
- Finally! You’ve successfully flashed the Philz touch recovery. This recovery does not require volume or home key for navigation or selection. Just a touch can perform all the operations.
Method 2: Using Flashify App(Only for rooted phones)
- Download and install the Flashify App on your Galaxy Mega.
- Then download and copy the recovery.img file on your phones internal/external storage.
- Now launch the Flashify App and grant Superuser permissions.
- Select Flash option and click on the recovery image option.
- Next, select the choose a file option.
- Navigate to the recovery.img file which you’ve copied earlier and select it.
- The app will ask is it sure to flash recovery, just select Yup to start the Philz recovery flashing process.
- Finally! You’ve successfully flashed the Philz touch custom recovery on your Galaxy Mega 6.3 Sprint SPH-L600 smartphone. To confirm the same you may boot your phone into recovery by pressing & holding Volume Up key + Home button (Middle button) + Power button simultaneously until you land into Philz touch recovery.
- It is recommended to not reboot from the flashify app as it may cause boot loops issue. Close the app and manually reboot the phone.
Method 3: Using Odin Multi Downloader
- Download and extract both the files in a specific folder on PC.
- Switch off your Galaxy Mega completely until it vibrates. Then boot it into downloading mode. For that simply press and hold Home button (middle button) + Volume Down key + Power button until you see a warning message.
- Leave all the three buttons and just press Volume Up key to continue. This will land your device into downloading mode.
- Keep the phone as it is and connect it to PC using USB cable.
- Finally, launch the Odin Multi downloader.
- Click the AP tab and select the Philz touch recovery file.
- If md5 mismatch error occurs, remove .md5 extension from the file.
- Click on Start button to initiate the Philz touch recovery flashing process.
- You’ll get Pass message after the process completes successfully.
Finally! You’ve successfully rooted & installed Philz touch custom recovery on Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 Sprint SPH-L600 smartphone. Besides, you can also do Nandroid backup, flash various custom ROMs, wipe data/cache and do much more. Finally, if you come across any difficulty then do let me know through the comments.