Root OnePlus 5 (cheeseburger) without using apps like Kingroot, iRoot, Root Genius, dr. fone etc. Yes, you heard it right. Now it is possible to root OnePlus 5 without using PC. OnePlus 5 is the most premium smartphone with flagship features and a reasonable price tag. This device is inspired by the famous iPhone 7 Plus.
Looking at the OnePlus 5 specs, it features 5.5 inches of screen with 1080 x 1920 pixels of resolution. Furthermore, it is powered by a 1.9 GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor with 64GB/128GB storage and 6GB/8GB RAM. Talking about the OnePlus 5 camera, it offers a 20-megapixel primary camera on the rear.
In this guide, we’ll go through step by step procedure on how to root OnePlus without PC. Rooting Android phones gives unbelievable advantages. Some of the root benefits include flashing TWRP recovery, installing custom firmware, taking Nandroid backup, and much more. Besides, you can even install all those apps which are incompatible with your device.
Further root advantages include taking factory reset, overclock, increasing RAM etc. To be honest, root gives a complete potential to crossover all the limitations led by the manufacturer. In this guide, we’ll root OnePlus 5 cheeseburger device by flashing Magisk and SuperSU zip files. However, before getting root access, it is necessary to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 5. Moreover, it is also essential to install TWRP recovery on OnePlus 5 before going further.
How to Root OnePlus 5 without PC
In this article, we’ll use two methods to gain root access on your OnePlus 5 smartphone. Let’s get started.
Rooting will void your phone warranty. Moreover, it is strongly recommended to proceed at your own risk. We at Droid Thunder will not be held responsible for any damage caused to your device by following this guide.
- Ensure to charge your phone to at least 50% before going further.
- Unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 5 before going ahead.
- Also, flash the latest TWRP recovery on your phone.
- Enable Unknown Sources option from settings.
Method 1: Root OnePlus 5 using Magisk
Here, we’ll root using the Magisk file. Let’s get straight into it.
Steps to Root OnePlus 5
- Connect your phone to PC and copy the downloaded zip file to your phone storage.
- You may directly download the zip file on your phone.
- Switch off your phone and boot it into TWRP recovery mode.
- For doing so, press and hold the Volume down + Power button simultaneously until TWRP mode appears.
- Leave both the keys now.
- If you are not able to boot the phone into recovery, use TWRP manager app.
- As soon as you enter TWRP, click on the Install option from the main screen.
- This will show you all the files present on your device storage.
- Just navigate to the downloaded Magisk.zip file and select it.
- On the next page, simply swipe in the right direction to begin the Magisk.zip installation process.
- Wait and be patient.
- The root process will take few minutes to finish.
- Upon completion, a successful message will appear.
- To restart your phone, simply click on the Reboot System option.
- Finally! This is how you can root OnePlus 5 using Magisk.zip and TWRP recovery.
- To confirm whether your phone is successfully rooted or not, use the Root Checker app from Google Play Store.
Method 2: Root OnePlus 5 using SuperSU
In this method, we’ll use TWRP recovery and flash the SuperSU.zip file to gain root access.
Steps to Root OnePlus 5
- Transfer this downloaded zip file on your mobile storage.
- Similar to method 1, boot your OnePlus 5 into TWRP recovery.
- From the TWRP recovery main menu, click on the Install button.
- Next, search and select the downloaded SuperSU.zip file which you’ve copied earlier.
- On the next screen, swipe right to start the SuperSU installation process.
- The root process will hardly last for a few minutes.
- As soon as the flashing finishes, a root successful message will show on the TWRP screen.
Finally! This is how you can root OnePlus 5 using TWRP recovery. Now you are free to install custom ROM on OnePlus 5, flash custom kernels, mods, etc. Lastly, if you come across any problem, then do let us know using the comments section given below.