Root OnePlus 6T 2019 using our easy steps guide. Fortunately, OnePlus is one of those companies who themselves encourage their users to root Android phones. Moreover, they even provide a detailed article on how to unlock bootloader and flash official TWRP custom recovery. We all know that there are various apps available on Google Play Store for rooting the phone. However, they are hardly effective.
Hence, in this tutorial, we’ll not root Android phones with Kingroot, iRoot, Root Genius, dr. fone or any rooting apps. Instead, we’ll use SuperSU.zip as well as Magisk.zip files and install them through TWRP custom recovery. This rooting process given ahead won’t trip the safety net mechanism of Google. This means you can still use apps like Google Play, Netflix, or Pokémon GO even after voiding the warranty.
Most important, Magisk is a type of system-less root file that modifies the boot partition, instead of making changes in the system files. And therefore it can go undetected by the apps incompatible with root since it does not come across system files directly. This is the most easy Android root guide without using any third-party software or rooting tools. If you want to enjoy the full capability of your device then simply root it.
Looking at the OnePlus 6T specs, it includes 6.41 inches of Optic AMOLED display with 1080 x 2340 pixels of resolution. To enjoy a fast gaming experience, OnePlus 6T features Octa-core Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 processor with 128GB storage and 8GB RAM. To customize it more, you can flash custom ROM on OnePlus 6T. However, for doing so, you need to root your mobile-first.
After root, you can perform various operations such as factory reset, Nandroid backup and restore, increasing RAM size, increasing internal storage, boosting battery capacity, overclock Android phone etc. Root gives the potential to crossover all the limitations led by the manufacturer. However, rooting any Android phone will void its warranty. Fortunately, you can regain the warranty by un-rooting your Android phone.
How to Root OnePlus 6T without PC
In this easy steps guide, we’ll root OnePlus 6T A6010 without using PC. You can use this method this root OnePlus 6T Mclaren edition as well. Most important, before you root the phone, make sure to unlock the bootloader and install a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM. If you want to get the most of your Android phone, then without waiting anymore, go ahead and root it.
Rooting will void your mobile warranty and/or brick your phone. Simply follow the instructions carefully. Do not implement anything on your own. In case any damage occurs, we at Droid Thunder won’t be held liable.
- Charge your mobile to at least 60% before going ahead.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your phone.
- Also, enable OEM unlocking and Advance reboot mode from Developer options.
- Unlock bootloader of OnePlus 6T before going ahead.
- Flash the latest TWRP recovery.
- Enable Unknown Sources option from settings.
Method 1: SuperSU
In this method, we’ll use TWRP and flash SuperSU.zip file to get root access.
Steps to Root OnePlus 6T
- Switch off your mobile and restart it into TWRP recovery mode.
- To do so, press and hold the Volume up + Power button simultaneously until TWRP mode appears.
- Leave both the keys now.
- If you are not able to boot into recovery, use the Reboot Recovery app from Google Play Store.
- On you enter TWRP, select the Install button from the main screen.
- All the files and folders present on your internal storage will appear.
- Simply go to the SuperSU.zip file which you’ve downloaded earlier and select it.
- On the next page, swipe right to start the OnePlus 6T root process.
- As soon as the SuperSU installation finishes, a successful message will appear on the screen.
- Finally! This is how you can root OnePlus 6T using SuperSU and TWRP recovery.
- To confirm whether your OnePlus 6T is successfully rooted or not, use the Root Checker app.
Method 2: Magisk
Here, we’ll root by installing Magisk.zip in TWRP. So, let’s get straight into it.
Steps to Root OnePlus 6T
- Similar to Method 1, reboot OnePlus 6T into TWRP recovery mode.
- Click on Install to views all the files present on your mobile.
- Next, select the Magisk.zip file which you’ve downloaded earlier.
- Swipe right to begin the root One Plus 6T process.
- The Magisk flashing process will require just a minute to complete.
- Upon completion, a successful message will appear on the screen.
- Restart your phone using the Reboot System button.
Finally! This is how you can root OnePlus 6T Android 10 using TWRP recovery. Root OnePlus 6T A6010 and enjoy the unlimited customization options. Go ahead and flash custom ROM on OnePlus 6T, install custom mods, kernels, etc. Do contact us for any issues or suggestions.