Let’s Root Realme 3 Pro without PC. Here comes the biggest rival of Redmi Note 7 Pro, the all-new Realme 3 Pro. A phone with an impressive camera, powerful octa-core Snapdragon 710 chipset, large screen with a teardrop notch, and an eye-catchy design. If you compare Realme 3 Pro vs Redmi Note 7 Pro, it is quite difficult to say which phone is better.
To be honest, both the handsets are incredibly close in terms of both cameras as well as performance. However, when it comes to gaming, the Realme 3 Pro is way better than Redmi Note 7 Pro. Realme 3 Pro features some amazing specs from flagship devices at an affordable price tag. Some of its specs include ColorOS 6 based on the Android 9 Pie operating system, 128 GB storage, and 6 GB RAM.
Related: How to Install LineageOS 16 ROM on Realme 3 Pro
Moreover, it sports a 6.3-inch full HD + IPS display with 1080 x 2340 pixels of resolution. Furthermore, talking about Realme 3 Pro camera, it comes with a 16 + 5-megapixel dual camera setup on the rear. Whereas, on the front it supports 25-megapixel selfie camera. For more detailed Realme 3 Pro review and unboxing videos, visit YouTube.
Do you want to install custom ROM on Realme 3 Pro? If yes, then you need to Root Realme 3 Pro first. Once rooted, you can easily flash custom ROM, or install TWRP or CWM recovery. Furthermore, you can also wipe data, cache, overclock and underclock, create Nandroid backup, increase internal memory, and much more. Interested users may proceed to our actual article on how to root Realme 3 Pro given below.
How to Root Realme 3 Pro without PC
Here, we’ll guide you to root your Realme device using three easy methods. You can use either of them.
Rooting will void your device warranty. We at Droid Thunder will not be held liable for any damage. Proceed with caution and implement each step carefully.
- Charge your device at least 50% to avoid any interruption.
- Unlock bootloader of Realme 3 Pro before moving further.
- Enable Unknown Sources option from phone settings.
Method 1: Root Realme 3 Pro using Magisk
In the first method, we’ll install the Magisk file to gain root access. Let’s start the rooting process now.
Steps to Root Realme 3 Pro
- Flash TWRP recovery on Realme 3 Pro.
- Power off your phone and boot it into TWRP recovery.
- For that, press and hold the Volume down + Power button simultaneously until fastboot mode appears.
- Leave both the keys now and press Volume keys until you see the Recovery mode option at the top.
- Now press the Power button to start the recovery mode.
- If you are not able to boot into recovery, use the TWRP Manager app from Google Play Store.
- From the TWRP main screen, tap on the Install option.
- This will show you files on your phone storage.
- Select the downloaded Magisk.zip file and swipe right to start the flashing process.
- The flashing will hardly complete in few minutes.
- Upon completion, a successful message will appear on the screen.
- Just restart your phone by selecting Reboot System option.
- Finally! This is how you can root Realme 3 Pro using Magisk and TWRP recovery.
- To confirm the root access, use the Root Checker app from Google Play Store.
Method 2: Root Realme 3 Pro using SuperSU
Similar to Method 1, we’ll use TWRP recovery to install the SuperSU zip file.
Steps to Root Realme 3 Pro
- This process also requires TWRP to be installed on your device. Refer Method 1 to flash TWRP.
- Switch off your phone and boot it into TWRP (Refer Method 1).
- In TWRP recovery, click on the Install option.
- From your list of files, select the downloaded SuperSU.zip file.
- On the next page, swipe to start the SuperSU flashing process.
- As soon as the process completes, a root successful message will appear on the screen.
- Finally! This is how you can root Realme 3 Pro using SuperSU and TWRP recovery.
Method 3: Root Realme 3 Pro using Patch Boot image
In this method, we’ll use a patch boot image file to gain root access.
Steps to Root Realme 3 Pro
- Extract the ROM file on your PC.
- You’ll find a boot.img file in the extracted folder.
- Copy this boot.img file on your phone storage.
- Install and launch the Magisk Manager app.
- A popup will appear to install Magisk, so click on install. Then choose Install again.
- From the popup select method, click on Patch Boot Image File.
- Select the boot.img file which you’ve copied earlier from the phone storage.
- This will initiate the patching of the boot image file.
- Once the boot image has been patched, connect your phone to PC.
- Then copy the patched_boot.img file to the location C:\Program Files\Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder.
- In the same folder, hold the shift button of your keyboard and right mouse click on a space.
- From the list, choose the Open command window here option.
- In the cmd window, type the following command and hit enter key:
adb reboot bootloader
- This will restart Realme 3 Pro into fastboot mode.
- Type the following command in cmd and press enter key:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- Once done, restart your device by typing the following command:
- Your device will take a longer time to boot than usual.
Finally! This is how you can root Realme 3 Pro. If you have any questions, then do let me know in the comment section below.