Since January, Samsung has been releasing one phone after another, thus giving tough competition to its rivals. The company has launched various smartphones in the Galaxy M and Galaxy A series, with the newest entrant being the Samsung Galaxy A70. If you are looking for a phone with a large display and a massive battery that lasts longer than ever, then Galaxy A70 is the phone for you. In this guide, we’ll root Samsung Galaxy A70, unlock bootloader and install TWRP without PC.
Samsung Galaxy A70 launch date in India was May 2019 and was mainly intended for an audience that wanted a premium experience for a pocket-friendly price. The company released this device with a large display, a humongous battery, a fast performance processor, and a triple camera setup. Moreover, it offers a sleek and attractive design with great performance as well. Samsung Galaxy A70 price in India 2019 is Rs. 28,990. However, you can buy Galaxy A70 online at Rs. 26,990 from Amazon.
Talking about the Galaxy A70 features, it sports 6.7 inches of Super AMOLED display wrapped around a body of metal, glass, and plastic. Furthermore, it offers a triple camera setup at the rear end which includes a 32MP primary lens with f/1.7 aperture, a secondary 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, and a third depth-sensing 5MP lens. Besides, the Galaxy A70 processor gives the best performance with 2.0 GHz Octa-core Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675 chipset. If you compare Samsung Galaxy A70 vs A50, then A70 wins in all aspects.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy A70
In this tutorial, we’ll not Root Android phones without Kingroot, Kingoroot, Flashify, or Root master apps. Instead, we’ll use TWRP recovery to install Super SU and Magisk zip files. Do you want to flash custom ROM on Galaxy A70? If yes, then root Galaxy A70 first. After root, you can easily flash custom ROM such as LineageOS, Resurrection Remix, etc. Without further ado, let’s move on to our actual guide on how to root Samsung Galaxy A70 without PC mentioned ahead.
Perform all the steps at your own risk. If your device gets damaged during this process then we at Droid Thunder will not be held responsible. Moreover, Rooting will void your phone warranty.
- Charge your device to at least 50% to avoid any interruption.
- Also, enable USB debugging on your mobile.
- Also, flash the latest official TWRP recovery.
- Backup your complete phone data including contacts, messages, apps, etc for safety.
Method 1: Magisk
Firstly, we’ll root using the Magisk file. Let’s get started.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy A70
- Restart your Galaxy A70 into TWRP recovery mode.
- For that, firstly power it off.
- Then press and hold the Volume Up + Power button simultaneously.
- Leave both the keys as soon as you see the TWRP logo.
- If you are not able to boot the phone into recovery, use the TWRP Manager app from Google Play Store.
- As soon as you land into TWRP, click on the Install option.
- This will show all the files present on your phone storage.
- Look for the downloaded Magisk.zip file and select it.
- On the next screen, swipe in the right direction to initiate the Magisk.zip file flashing process.
- The Galaxy A70 root process will hardly finish within a few minutes.
- As soon as it completes, a successful message will appear on the screen.
- Tap on Reboot System option to restart your phone.
- Finally! This is how you can root Samsung Galaxy A70 using Magisk and TWRP recovery.
- To confirm whether your phone is successfully rooted or not, use the Root Checker app from Google Play Store.
Method 2: SuperSU
Here, we’ll use TWRP to flash the SuperSU.zip file and gain root access.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy A70
- Similarly, like Method 1, restart your phone into TWRP recovery mode.
- Click on the Install button from the TWRP main menu.
- Search and select the downloaded SuperSU.zip file.
- Simply swipe right to start the SuperSU installation process.
- Be patient and wait for a few minutes.
- As soon as the rooting completes, a root successful message will appear on the screen.
Finally! You have successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy A70 using TWRP recovery. Now you are free to flash custom ROM on Galaxy A70, install the kernel, mods like Xposed framework, etc. For any queries, suggestions, or problems related to this guide, kindly inform us through the comment section given below.