Root Vivo Y91 Without PC using an easy steps guide. This tutorial will assist you to root Vivo Y91 Android smartphone without using a computer or laptop. A rooted Vivo Y91 allows you to access or modify everything. It gives a complete privilege to control your entire system. You can easily remove bloatware, install CWM or TWRP custom recovery, flash custom ROM, install kernels and mods, etc.
Vivo Communication Technology Co. Ltd. (commonly known as Vivo) launched Vivo Y91, a new smartphone from the Y series in January 2019. In India, you can buy Vivo Y91 at Rs. 10,990 onward. It is available in two colors: Starry Black and Ocean Blue. The phone comes with some decent specs which can give tough competition to its rivals ASUS ZenFone Max Pro M1 and Realme 2.
Vivo Y91 Specifications
Vivo Y91 features a 6.22-inch touchscreen display with 720 x 1520 pixels of resolution. The most noticeable thing about Vivo Y91 is its battery. It has a high-capacity 4030mAh battery which can last longer even if you play Android games like PUBG. It is powered by an Octa-core processor with 32 GB storage and 2 GB of RAM. Talking about the cameras, Vivo Y91 features 13-megapixel + 2-megapixel dual rear camera.
For selfies, it packs 8 megapixels of the front camera. The selfie camera is capable of detecting your age, gender, skin tone, skin texture, and lighting environment. Isn’t it amazing! Moreover, this phone includes face unlock and a fingerprint sensor as well. Because of such specs and features, Vivo Y91 can easily handle Android games like PUBG, Fortnite without any lag. But if you want to tweak your Vivo Y91 and access some extra features, then we suggest you root your Android device. Without further ado, let’s move to our actual tutorial on how to root Vivo Y91 without PC.
How to Root Vivo Y91
In this guide, we’ll use KingRoot, Framaroot, and SuperSU method to gain root access on the Vivo Y91 smartphone. Let’s get into the process.
This method will void the warranty of your Vivo Y91. Also, proceed at your own risk. We at Droid Thunder will not be held responsible for any damage caused to your device after following this guide.
- Charge your Vivo Y91 at least 60% before going ahead.
- Unlock bootloader of Vivo Y91.
- Enable Unknown Sources option.
Method 1: KingRoot
At first, we’ll use the KingRoot app to root your Android device.
Steps to Root Vivo Y91 using KingRoot
- Download and install the KingRoot App on your Vivo Y91.
- If you receive ‘Blocked by Play Protect’ error, click on Details.
- Then click on Install anyway option.
- Note: If you are facing issues to install KingRoot app, then refer:
- Go to settings and click on Accessibility.
- Under Services, click on KingRoot.
- Enable accessibility for the KingRoot app.
- Tap on OK.
- Launch the KingRoot app.
- Click on the Try Root option.
- This will start the rooting process for Vivo Y91.
- Be patient and wait.
- It will hardly take few minutes to complete.
- After successful completion, the following message will appear on your device.
- Use the Root Checker app to confirm whether your Vivo Y91 is successfully rooted or not.
- Also, an app named Superuser installed on your device will confirm that your phone is rooted.
- This Superuser app supervises every app that requires root access.
Method 2: Framaroot
In this method, we’ll use the Framaroot app to root the Vivo handset.
Steps to Root Vivo Y91 using Framaroot
- Download and install the Framaroot app on Vivo Y91.
- Launch the app.
- You will see these three options: Install Superuser, Install SuperSU, and Unroot.
- To root Vivo Y91, select Superuser or SuperSU.
- You’ll also see exploit options in the app. Select Gandalf.
- This will initiate the rooting process. Wait until it completes.
- After successful rooting, a popup message will appear on the screen.
- Reboot your device.
- After your phone restarts, go to the apps list.
- You’ll see an app named Superuser is installed on your phone.
- This will confirm that your Vivo Y91 is successfully rooted.
Method 3: SuperSU
At last, we’ll root the Vivo mobile using the SuperSU zip file. Let’s get straight into it.
Steps to Root Vivo Y91 using SuperSU
- For this method, you require TWRP recovery installed on Vivo Y91.
- Download the SuperSU.zip file on your phone.
- Power off your Vivo phone.
- Boot Vivo Y91 into TWRP recovery mode.
- For doing press and hold the Volume down + Power button simultaneously.
- Now to flash the Update Super SU zip file click on the Install option present on the TWRP recovery.
- This will show you all the files and folders located on your device.
- Select the downloaded SuperSU.zip file.
- On the next screen swipe right to initiate the Rooting process.
- As soon as the process completes, you’ll see a successful message on the screen.
- This will confirm that you have a rooted Vivo Y91 smartphone.
- Just click on the Reboot System option to restart your phone.
Finally! This is how you can root the Vivo Y91 Android smartphone. You are now free to flash unofficial custom ROM, kernels, mods, remove bloatware, take backups or restore, wipe data, do a factory reset, increase internal memory, etc. For any issues, feel free to comment below.