Samsung Galaxy M20 has started receiving the stable Android 10 update with the all-new One UI 2.0. According to a report, this update was especially rolled out for Germany users who had participated in the One UI 2.0 Beta Program. Most importantly, this update packs the Android security patch for December 2019. At first, it was rumored that Samsung would release the new update in January 2020. However, to much surprise, the company decided to release the One UI 2.0 a month earlier.
In our easy steps guide, we’ll download and install Android 10 update based M205FDDU3CSL4 firmware on Samsung Galaxy M20 SM-M205F smartphone. Moreover, this update comes with the new Android 10 features. Additionally, it even includes various enhancements over the earlier One UI, stability improvements, as well as few bug fixes. Right now, the update is launched only for the Galaxy S10 series and the budget-friendly Galaxy M20 and M30. But it shouldn’t be long before the company rolls it out to more devices around the world.
Here we’ll manually flash the latest official Android Q based Stock ROM with build number M205FDDU3CSL4 on Samsung Galaxy M20. We’ll be using the Odin flash tool and install this Indian (INS) OTA update. Most important, this is not custom firmware but an official software update from Samsung. Are you ready to update Galaxy M20 to the latest official Android 10 firmware? then proceed to our tutorial given below.
Samsung Galaxy M20 Specifications
As per Galaxy M20 review from Samsung, it seems that this mid-budget smartphone is undoubtedly the best mobile phone of 2019. Looking at the Galaxy M20 specs, it features 6.3 inches screen with 1080 x 2340 pixels of resolution. Furthermore, it runs on an Octa-core Exynos 7904 processor with the Android 8.1 Oreo operating system. Besides, it comes in two variants: Galaxy M20 32 GB 3 GB RAM and Galaxy M20 64 GB 4 GB RAM. Galaxy M20 price in India started from Rs. 12,990. However, now you can buy it at Rs. 9,999 only.
Model Name: Samsung Galaxy M20
Model Number: SM-M205F
OS Version: Android 10 Q
Build Date: 06 December 2019
Region: India (INS)
PDA Version: M205FDDU3CSL4
CSC Version: M205FODM3CSL4
MODEM Version: M205FDDU3CSL1
This process mentioned below is risky. We at Droid Thunder will not be held liable for any damage whatsoever. Hence, implement the steps carefully.
This Android 10 update is only for Samsung Galaxy M20 with model number SM-M205F. Flashing this update on any other device or variant might cause permanent damage.
- Lack of charging can interrupt the flashing process. Hence, ensure to charge your phone up to 50%.
- Take a complete backup of your contacts, apps, messages, notes, etc.
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your computer.
- Temporary disable all the security tools as well as antivirus on your computer.
Steps to update Samsung Galaxy M20 to Android 10
- Extract the downloaded INS-M205FDDU3CSL4.zip firmware file.
- Now power off your phone and boot it into downloading mode.
- For doing the same, press and hold Volume Down key + Power Button simultaneously.
- You’ll see a warning message on your phone screen.
- Press Volume Up key to continue.
- This will boot Samsung Galaxy M20 into Download Mode.
- Keeping the phone as it is, connect it to your PC using USB cable.
- Launch the downloaded ‘Odin3-v3.13.1′ tool.
- Confirm whether the ID: COM section in the Odin is turned light blue or not.
- Also, confirm if an Added message appears in the message box or not.
- If such a thing doesn’t happen, that means your phone is not recognized by the PC.
- For that, fix the USB device not recognized error on your computer.
- Under the Options tab, tick the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options.
- Let’s add the firmware files in the Odin tool now.
- So click on the BL button present on the Odin window and select the firmware file with BL in its name.
- Similarly, click on the CP button and select the file with CP in its name.
- Then click on the CSC button and select the file with HOME_CSC in its name.
- HOME_CSC contains instruction that allows Odin to only wipe cache while Normal CSC contains an instruction to wipe out complete data. But when a downgrade is done (example: from Q back to Nougat) a factory reset is a must. So use normal CSC at that time.
- Finally, hit the AP button and select the firmware file with AP in its name.
- The AP file will take little time to load. So be patient.
- We will now initiate the firmware flashing process.
- So tap on the Start button.
- This will begin the Android 10 Q firmware flashing process.
- Your mobile will now restart. Do NOT disconnect your device from the PC.
- As soon as the installation process finishes, the ID: COM section will turn green with a message ‘Pass’ on it.
- This will confirm that your Samsung Galaxy M20 is successfully upgraded to the latest official Android 10 Q M205FDDU3CSL4 firmware.
- Remove USB cable now and disconnect your mobile from PC.
- Unfortunately, if Odin fails, then close everything, again go into download mode and repeat the entire procedure.
Finally! This is how you can install the latest official Android 10 Q DDU3CSL4 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy M20 SM-M205F. To confirm the same, go to Menu > Settings > About Phone. If you come across any difficulty while going through this guide, then do comment below.