Update Galaxy S4 mini GT-I9195I to Android 4.4.4 XXS1AQA7 KitKat firmware. Samsung is well known for introducing the mini or smaller versions of the high-end flagship devices.
They started this trend with the Galaxy S3 mini. After Samsung Galaxy S4 became famous it was quite obvious that Samsung would launch a smaller version of this flagship smartphone.
So in June 2015, Samsung launched the Galaxy S4 mini GT-I9195I (also known as Galaxy S4 mini LTE or Galaxy S4 mini plus) with a built-in Android 4.4.4 KitKat operating system.
Besides, it comes with 4.3 inches of Super AMOLED screen with 540 x 960 pixels of resolution. Furthermore, it includes 1.2 GHz of the Cortex-A53 quad-core processor. Additionally, it sports an 8 GB of internal storage memory and 1.5 GB of RAM.
The internal storage memory was easily expandable up to 64 GB. Moreover, it also featured 8 megapixels of primary camera with autofocus. On the other hand, it comes with a 1.9 megapixel of front selfie camera.[lwptoc]
How to Install Galaxy S4 Mini Android 4.4.4 I9195IXXS1AQA7
Here, we’ll discuss some easy steps on how to update Galaxy S4 mini I9195I to Android 4.4.4 XXS1AQA7 KitKat firmware. Furthermore, this official Android 4.4.4 XXS1AQA7 KitKat firmware comes with several changes.
Additionally, there are not only improvements in the overall performance but also various newly added features. Besides, you’ll experience customizable UI, revamped settings app, music played with a locked screen, and a newly added transparent notification bar.
Moreover, there are many more changes to experience after flashing this firmware. Let’s proceed to the guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy S4 mini GT-I9195I to Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware.
- Model: GT-I9195I
- Model name: GALAXY S4 mini
- Country: France
- Version: Android 4.4.4
- Build date: Tuesday, 11 April 2017
- Product Code: XEF
- PDA: I9195IXXS1AQA7
- CSC: I9195IOXX1AOF1
- PHONE: I9195IXXU1AOD2
Installing this official Android 4.4.4 XXS1AQA7 KitKat firmware is quite risky. Implement the procedure mentioned below carefully without any mistake. If something goes wrong and your phone gets bricked or damaged after following these steps then we at droidthunder.com will not be held liable for that.
This official Android 4.4.4 XXS1AQA7 KitKat firmware is only for Samsung Galaxy S4 mini with the model number GT-I9195I. Do not try to install this firmware update on any other device or variant as it may result in unwanted outcomes or bricked phones.
- Charge your device to a minimum of 60%.
- Take a complete backup of all your important phone data and settings.
- Install mobile-specific Samsung drivers on your PC.
- Temporary disable all the security tools as well as antivirus on your PC.
Steps to install Android 4.4.4 XXS1AQA7 on Galaxy S4 mini I9195I
- Download and extract both the above files on your computer.
- Then switch off your Galaxy S4 mini I9195I completely.
- Then you need to boot it into downloading mode.
- For that, keep pressing and holding the ‘Home button + Power button + Volume down key’.
- As soon as you see the warning message window leave all the keys.
- Then keep the phone as it is and connect it to your computer using a micro USB cable.
- Now on your phone press the Volume up button to continue.
- This will directly land your Galaxy S4 mini I9195I into downloading mode.
- On PC, launch the downloaded ‘Odin Multi Downloader3-v3.12.7′ software which you’ve just received after extraction.
- As you launch it, the ID: COM section located at the top left corner will turn light blue.
- Also, an Added message will appear in the message box window.
- This will confirm that your device is successfully connected to your computer.
- If such a thing doesn’t happen then it’s more likely to be a problem with the mobile-specific drivers.
- So re-install USB drivers on your computer.
- Then click on the Options tab located on the Odin window and tick the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options.
- Now, click on the AP button present on the Odin window and browse to the firmware package file which you’ve downloaded (I9195IXXS1AQA7_I9195IOXX1AOF1_I9195IXXU1AOD2_HOME.tar.md5) and select it.
- Everything completes here. Just initiate the firmware flashing process now.
- For that, hit the Start button present on the Odin window.
- While the process goes on, your phone will boot itself automatically.
- Do not disconnect the micro USB cable from the PC as it will interrupt the firmware flashing process.
- Moreover, relax and wait until the firmware flashing process completes.
- When the process completes successfully, the ID: COM section will turn green with the message ‘Pass’ on it.
- On the other hand, your phone will automatically restart itself.
- This will confirm that the official Android 4.4.4 XXS1AQA7 KitKat firmware is successfully flashed on your Samsung Galaxy S4 mini I9195I.
- Now you can disconnect your phone from the computer by safely removing the micro USB cable.
- If this firmware flashing process fails, then close the Odin window. Boot into downloading mode and repeat the same procedure.
Finally! This is how you can install the latest official Android 4.4.4 XXS1AQA7 KitKat firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S4 mini GT-I9195I LTE smartphone. Just navigate to Menu > Settings > About Phone to confirm the same. If you come across any difficulty while implementing this process, then feel free to inform me through the comments section given below.