Update Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830I with Stable TouchWiz Resurrection Custom ROM with this article. There are not at all chances of Samsung to release further official updates for this mid-range phone.
But still, there is a way you can experience the Jelly beans style and effect on your device. Flashing this stable TouchWiz Resurrection Custom ROM on your Galaxy Ace S5830I is the only solution for it.
Moreover, this ROM is a lot worthy of experiencing the latest features and user interface. Besides, this ROM is based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean and has a complete stock look and user interface.
There are various ROMs available for Galaxy Ace S5830I to taste the latest Jelly Bean 4.2.2 features but only a few are trustworthy. Moreover, the TouchWiz Resurrection is one of those and is the most preferred ROM from among the available Custom ROMs.
How to Install TouchWiz Resurrection ROM on Galaxy Ace S5830I
Are you ready to flash the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based TouchWiz Resurrection custom ROM on Galaxy Ace? Then let’s get started.
The steps given ahead are complex and risky. Hence, perform everything carefully. Neither we nor the developers will be liable for any damage.
This ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy Ace bearing the model number GT-S5830I. Do not flash this unofficial custom firmware on any other device or variant. It might cause permanent damage.
- To avoid any interruption, charge your phone at least 50%.
- Backup your important phone data and settings for safety.
- Enable the USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Backup EFS folder present in your system directory.
- Install the latest Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Finally, root Galaxy Ace and install CWM recovery.
Steps to install TouchWiz Resurrection on Galaxy Ace S5830I
- Connect your Galaxy Ace to PC and transfer both the downloaded files on your phone storage.
- Disconnect the phone & switch it off.
- Enter into recovery mode now.
- For that press & hold ‘Home Button (middle button) + Power Button’ simultaneously until recovery mode appears.
- Make a complete Nandroid backup as soon as you enter into recovery.
- Select the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option and then the ‘wipe cache partition’ option.
- This will clear all the data & caches from your phone’s memory respectively.
- Moreover, go to the ‘install zip from SD card’ option located on the recovery mode & select it.
- Then on the next screen select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option.
- This option will show your files and folders present on the external SD card.
- Select the TouchWiz Resurrection ROM which you’ve copied earlier.
- On the next page select the ‘Yes’ option to confirm the installation.
- This will start the actual ROM flashing process.
- Be patient till the process completes successfully.
- After successful flashing process, you’ll again land into recovery mode.
- Then select the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option followed by the ‘wipe cache partition’ option.
- Now use the same method for flashing Google Apps.
- But remember not to attempt the last step of wiping data after installing them.
- Restart your device by selecting the ‘reboot system now’ option from the recovery mode.
- The first boot will take more time to start than usual.
- If you want to restore your previous ROM, then you can do that by going back to the recovery mode by pressing & holding Home Button (middle button) + Power Button simultaneously and select the ‘Backup and Restore’ option and then on the next page select ‘Restore’ option. Select the ROM you want to restore.
Update Galaxy Ace S5830I to Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread
Install Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM on Galaxy Ace S5830I
Finally! You’ve successfully installed the latest TouchWiz Resurrection ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830I. Kindly comment your queries or suggestions related to this guide.
27 thoughts on “Install TouchWiz Resurrection ROM on Galaxy Ace S5830I”
Thank you for this beautiful rom. It is working quiet smoothly. But I still found 2 problems. First problem is that the home button is not working. Second problem is Lock screen is not working. What I mean is that when you wake up phone from sleep, instead of lockscreen you find yourself in the screen you left before putting device into sleep mode. Please tell me how to fix these problems. It would be a great help.
Download and flash the updated TouchWiz ROM from here.
I have downloaded the rom v9.5
Can you tell me how to flash it step by step.. As i have v9 already installed
Use the same method as given in article..
Ok .. Then what about google app.zip Or is it not required??
Yeah they are required..Flash Gapps after flashing the ROM..
Where do i get the gapp.zip from .. Or do i use the same gapp.zip that i used in version 9, that is given in the thread
Yes, use the same..
This article is very informative but it took me a long time to find it in google.
I found it on 11 spot, you should focus on quality backlinks building, it will help you to
increase traffic. And i know how to help you, just search in google – k2
no battery icon what should i do
You’ll find it in settings..
very want it 🙁
but im use s5830 🙁
can u help to recomend the same rom like this?
Where can I download the TouchWiz Resurrection ROM. The link mentioned in the article above does not work anymore?
Thanks for the update.
Found it and installed it. CAn I run Android 4.+ apps on this phone?
Thanks for the update link. I have installed it on my S5830i.
Some experiences with TouchWiz Resurrection V9.5
1) If you install the Google Apps fro this link. You can not connect to Play Store. com.android.vending error. When you skip the installation of Google Apps a connection is made to Google Play Store. Almost all the installed apps where updated (re-installed) automaticly. It take some time. Although Google Play Store has some trouble in finding my phone on my account.
2) The performance is slow. Much slower then with GingerBread.
3) The power usage is extreme. !00% filled battery was back to 15% overnight.
4) Some kind of journal started. All kinds of folders containing a file called journal on my SD. Don’t know how to stop this journal files coming up.
5) My phone will not connect to Samsung KIES anymore. KIES Says no sim-card is present. Place a sim-card. Well the card is in the phone already.
Hope this is some information of some use.
Do you need clockwork mod for this?
You can use any custom recovery..
Is the network problem solved. I installed previous version but the network did not worked.
Hi I wanted to ask about,
1.is there any bugs on this room?
2.should i clear the dalvik cache when im starting to prepare room instaliation?
3.Which launcher it uses?
4. it is compatible with “Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i”
5.It crashes a lot?
6.Did this room eats a lot of battery energy?
Yes you may clear caches..It is compatible with S5830i..Does not crash..Battery is not affected..
No sim card is working properly when i insert in my android.network is not connecting and always showing emergency calls. Is there any new update to fix this for touchwiz resurrected V1 ?
Hey, can you give my another link for download? that link was expired. Many thanks
I enjoy use this custom rom, but found something….hehehehe
my imei null bro… however i can still make a call, sms, connect gapps as usual.
how aout it bro? thank alot
How to enable usb debugging?
my samsung GT s5830i cant open the cwm on recovery mode help me solve this problem
try with quick boot app