Install Android 8.1.0 Oreo official software update on Samsung Galaxy M30 SM-M305F smartphone. Soon after the launch of Galaxy M10 and Galaxy M20, Samsung rolled out an upgraded version of the M series. M30 which is the third variant comes with a triple camera support and 6.3 inch full HD + Super AMOLED Infinity-U display. Although the Galaxy M30 launch date in India was February 27th, 2019, it already became famous due to its amazing specs and features.
In particular, if you compare Galaxy M10 vs M20 vs M30, the third version of this M series will easily win the comparison. Galaxy M30 specs include Exynos 7904 octa-core processor and non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery. It comes in two variants: 128 GB, 6 GB RAM, and 64 GB, 4 GB RAM. Besides, it features 13 + 5 + 5 megapixel triple camera. On the other hand, it sports a 16-megapixel front camera for selfies. To check out more detailed specifications, search for Galaxy M30 gsmarena on the web.
Talking about the Galaxy M30 review, this device is the best mid-range phone with high-end specifications. Galaxy M30 64GB price starts from Rs. 14,990 whereas the 128GB variant price starts from Rs. 17,990. In this tutorial, we will manually flash the latest Android Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy M30 using the Odin3-v3.13 tool. Remember that this is an Indian (INS) OTA update with January 2019 security patch. Also note that this is not any third party custom ROM.
This firmware is based on Android version 8.1.0 Oreo with build number M305FDDU1ASBA. It is quite sure that Samsung will release the Galaxy M30 Android Pie update in the coming weeks. But till then, you can download the Galaxy M30 software update using steps mentioned ahead. Here we give Samsung firmware Google Drive link for fast download. Interested users can proceed to our guide on how to update Galaxy M30 to Android 8.1.0 Oreo firmware given below.
Model Name: Samsung Galaxy M30
Model Number: SM-M305F
OS Version: Android 8.1.0 Oreo
Build Date: 27 February, 2019
Region: India (INS)
PDA Version: M305FDDU1ASBA
CSC Version: M305FODM1ASBA
MODEM Version: M305FDDU1ASBA
This process is risky and can damage your device completely. Hence it is recommended to perform all the steps at your own risk. Moreover, the firmware used is the property of their respective owners.
This firmware is only for Samsung Galaxy M30 with model number SM-M305F. Flashing this Stock ROM update on any other mobile can damage it. It’s better to confirm your device model before going ahead.
- To avoid any interruption, charge your phone at least 60%.
- Backup contacts, apps, messages, call logs, notes, etc.
- Install Samsung USB drivers on PC so as to detect your device when connected using a USB cable.
- Temporary disable all the security tools as well as antivirus on your PC.
Steps to install Android 8.1.0 Oreo on Galaxy M30
- Download and extract the INS-M305FDDU1ASBA.zip firmware file on PC.
- Switch off your device and boot it into downloading mode.
- For that, press and hold Volume Down key + Power Button simultaneously.
- Leave both the keys as soon as you see the following warning message.
- Press the Volume Up button.
- This will boot your device into Download Mode.
- Keeping the mobile in download mode, connect it to the PC.
- Launch the downloaded ‘Odin Multi Downloader3-v3.13.1′ tool.
- Now check whether the ID: COM section in Odin window is turned light blue or not.
- Also, check if an Added message appears in the message box window or not.
- If such a thing does not happen then it’s more likely to be a problem with mobile drivers.
- Hence fix USB device not recognized error on your computer.
- Then check Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time under the Options tab.
- Let’s add firmware files one by one in the Odin window.
- For that, click on the BL button present on the Odin window and select the file with ‘BL’ in its name.
- Similarly, click on the CP button and select the file with ‘CP’ in its name.
- Next click on the CSC button and select file with ‘HOME_CSC’ in its name.
- HOME_CSC contains instruction that allows Odin to only wipe cache while Normal CSC contains an instruction to wipe out complete data. But when a downgrade is done (example: from Oreo back to Nougat) a factory reset is a must. So use normal CSC at that time.
- Lastly, click on the AP button and select the file with ‘AP’ in its name.
- The AP file will take little time to load.
- Let’s initiate the firmware flashing process. For doing so, press the Start button from the Odin window.
- This will start the actual Android 8.1.0 Oreo firmware flashing process.
- Your mobile will boot itself automatically. Do not disconnect your phone from the computer.
- After the flashing process completes, the ID: COM tab will change its color to green with a message ‘Pass’ on it.
- This will confirm that your Samsung Galaxy M30 SM-M305F is successfully upgraded to official Android 8.1.0 Oreo M305FDDU1ASBA Stock firmware.
- If Odin fails to install this Stock firmware on your phone, then close the Odin tool, again go into downloading mode and repeat the complete procedure again.
Finally! The latest official Android 8.1.0 Oreo DDU1ASBA firmware is successfully flashed on your Samsung Galaxy M30 SM-M305F smartphone. To verify the same, navigate to Menu > Settings > About Phone. Enjoy and experience the all-new Oreo features on your device. Also, don’t forget to share your views with us.