Here comes the Samsung Galaxy S10e Android 10 OneUI 2.0 update. Yes, you can easily download and flash this latest Android 10 software update via OTA (over-the-air) from your phone Menu > Settings > Software update menu. Unfortunately, if you’ve not yet received this update, then manually install the OneUI 2.0 using our easy step-by-step guide given below.
Samsung Galaxy S10e is the third variant of the famous Galaxy S10 series released this year. The ‘e’ in the Galaxy S10e stands for Essential. This means that this handset comes with all the essential flagship features like the S10 and S10 Plus, compactly. As we all know that Android is an open-source project with plenty of customizations and tweaks.
To experience something more, users often flash custom ROMs or root an Android phone. Sometimes it goes well, however, sometimes they end up bricking their phone, stuck into a boot-loop issue, or permanently damage it. In such a case, it is strongly recommended to flash an official Stock ROM and restore the original default settings.
Installing an official update can help to recover your phone from boot loop, or overheating issues, or even a battery charging problem. Last week, Samsung Galaxy S10e received the Android 10 One UI 2.0 software update with firmware G970FXXS5CTD1. This Indian (INS) update comes with the latest April 2020 security patch and major enhancements.
Did you accidentally brick your Galaxy S10e and want to restore default settings? If so, then we will help you to manually install Samsung Galaxy S10e Android 10 stock ROM. Besides, if you have never done this before, then don’t worry. We’ll guide you through all the necessary steps.
Samsung Galaxy S10e Specification
Galaxy S10e features 5.8 inches of Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O display with a resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels. Besides, it sports a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Octa-core processor with 128/256 GB of internal storage and 6 GB of RAM. Moreover, it comes with a dual-camera setup of a 12MP f/1.5-2.4 primary lens and a 16MP F2.2 ultra-wide lens on the rear.
Whereas, it sports a 10-megapixel selfie camera on the front. These cameras can shoot super slow motion, hyper-lapse, HDR10+, and 4K videos. In terms of battery, it offers a non-removable Li-Ion 3100 mAh battery with fast charging support. Additionally, it sports a dedicated Instagram mode in the camera, scene optimizer, new AR Emoji, and flaw detection, etc.
The steps given below are full of risk. Hence, proceed ahead carefully. If your phone gets damaged during this flashing process, then we at Droid Thunder will not be held liable for the same. Moreover, the Samsung firmware used below is the property of their respective owners.
Install this Android 10 software update only on Samsung Galaxy S10e with the model number SM-G970F. Do NOT flash this Android 10 stock ROM on any other device or variant. It might permanently damage or brick your phone.
- Model Name: Samsung Galaxy S10e
- Model Number: SM-G970F
- PDA Version: G970FXXS5CTD1
- CSC Version: G970FOXM5CTD1
- MODEM Version: G970FXXS5CTD1
- Region: India (INS)
- OS Version: Android 10
- Build Date: 2020-04-17
- You need a Windows computer and a USB cable.
- Charge your device to a minimum of 60%.
- Backup your contacts, messages, apps, etc. for safety.
- Enable USB debugging mode from the settings.
- Also, install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Temporary disable all the security tools on the PC.
After doing as mentioned above, let’s start the Samsung Galaxy S10e Android 10 flashing process.
Steps to install Samsung Galaxy S10e Android 10 Update
- Extract the downloaded files on your computer.
- Power off your phone and boot it into download mode.
- For that, press and hold the Volume Down key + Power key simultaneously.
- Leave both the buttons as soon as you see a warning message.
- Press the Volume Up key now.
- This will restart your S10e into downloading mode.
- Keeping the phone as it is, connect it to the computer using a USB cable.
- Launch the downloaded Odin flash tool.
- Confirm whether the ID: COM section is turned light blue or not.
- If such a thing doesn’t happen, that means your phone is not recognized by the PC.
- For that, fix the USB device not recognized error on your computer.
- Also, check Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options.
- Tap on the BL button.
- Then browse and select the firmware package file with ‘BL’ in its name.
- Similarly, add the CP, AP, and HOME_CSC files from the firmware package.
- At last, press the Start button to initiate the Samsung Galaxy S10e Android 10 installation process.
- As soon as the process finishes, the ID: COM section will show a Pass message.
- This will confirm that you’ve installed the official Samsung Galaxy S10e Android 10 XXS5CTD1 update.
- If Odin fails, then close it and disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Then boot your device into download mode and repeat the complete process.
Finally! You’ve successfully installed the official Samsung Galaxy S10e Android 10 G970FXXS5CTD1 stock firmware April 2020 security patch update. To confirm the same, go to the Settings > About > Phone. Experience the new Android 10 features with this latest stock ROM. Also, share your views, problems, or suggestions in the comment section below.