By looking at Galaxy S10e, you can definitely say that great things come in small packages. Every time when Samsung releases a Galaxy S series smartphone, they typically launch it in two models. However, this year the company has not only released the 10th generation Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus, but along with that, they have introduced a third variant called Galaxy S10e.
Samsung released May 2019 security patch version XXU1ASE5 for Galaxy S10e. However, the update was taken off the air because of many bugs and issues. Furthermore, the company released the XXU1ASE7 software update with various enhancements and fixes. In this guide, we’ll manually flash official Android 9 Pie Stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy S10e SM-G970F. Moreover, this Stock ROM is based on Android version 9.0 Pie with build number G970FXXU1ASE7. Furthermore, this is an Indian OTA update with April 2019 security patch.
Samsung Galaxy S10e Specifications
This smartphone is designed in such a way that it packs almost everything the S10 and S10 Plus have, at a lower and affordable price. Galaxy S10e price in India starts from Rs. 49,990 onward which is exactly Rs. 10,000 cheaper than the standard Galaxy S10 smartphone. This makes Galaxy S10e the only flagship smartphone of 2019 at such a cheaper price tag.
To be honest, it was really unbelievable that Samsung released such compact flagship device this year. In contrast, the Galaxy S10e launch date in India was March 8, 2019, after which there were many mixed Galaxy S10e review over the Internet. Besides, looking at the Galaxy S10e specs, it features 5.8 inches of Dynamic AMOLED display with 1080 x 2280 pixels of resolution.
Moreover, it is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Octa-core processor with 56 GB internal storage and 8 GB RAM. Furthermore, Galaxy S10e features a dual-camera setup of 12 + 16 megapixels on the rear. Whereas, on the front, it sports a 10-megapixel shooter for selfies. As long as the battery is concerned, it sports non-removable Li-Ion 3100 mAh battery.
Model Name: Samsung Galaxy S10e
Model Number: SM-G970F
OS Version: Android 9 Pie
Build Date: 31 May 2019
Country: India (INS)
PDA Version: G970FXXU1ASE7
CSC Version: G970FOXM1ASE5
MODEM Version: G970FXXU1ASE5
We at Droid Thunder will not be held responsible for any damage caused to your mobile by using this guide. Moreover, the Samsung firmware used here is the property of their respective owners.
This official update is only for Samsung Galaxy S10e with model number SM-G970F. Flashing this firmware on any other device or variant might result in unwanted outcomes.
- Charge your phone to a minimum of 60%.
- Backup your contacts, apps, messages, call logs, notes, etc.
- Enable USB debugging mode from your mobile settings.
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
Steps to install Android 9 Pie on Samsung Galaxy S10e
- Extract the INS-G970FXXU1ASE5.zip firmware file on your PC.
- Power off your phone and boot it into downloading mode.
- For doing that, press and hold Volume Down key + Power Button simultaneously.
- Leave both the keys as soon as you see the warning message.
- Press the Volume Up button to continue.
- This is how you can boot Samsung Galaxy S10e into download mode
- Keeping the device in download mode, connect it to PC using USB cable.
- Launch the ‘Odin Multi Downloader3-v3.13.1′ tool.
- Check the ID: COM section in the Odin window is turned light blue or not.
- Also, an Added message has appeared in the message box window or not.
- Click on the Options tab and tick the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options.
- If such a thing doesn’t happen, that means your phone is not recognized by the PC.
- For that, fix the USB device not recognized error on your computer.
- Do not tick the Re-partition option. Don’t use the PIT tab either.
- Click on the BL button and open the ‘BL’ file from the extracted firmware package.
- Now click on the CP button and select the ‘CP’ file from the firmware package.
- Similarly, click on the CSC button and open the firmware file with ‘HOME_CSC’ in its name.
- HOME_CSC contains instruction that allows Odin to only wipe cache while Normal CSC contains an instruction to wipe out complete data. But when a downgrade is done (example: from Pie back to Nougat) a factory reset is a must. So use normal CSC at that time.
- Lastly, click on the AP button and select the ‘AP’ file from the firmware package.
- The AP file will take little time to load. So do not panic.
- That’s all! After doing everything as mentioned above, let’s begin the firmware flashing process.
- So press Start button present to initiate the firmware flashing process.
- This will start the actual Android 9 Pie Stock ROM flashing process.
- Your device will restart itself automatically. Do not disconnect it from the PC.
- When the flashing finishes, the ID: COM section will show a Pass message.
- This will confirm that your Samsung Galaxy S10e SM-G970F is successfully upgraded to official Android 9 Pie G970FXXU1ASE7 firmware.
- If Odin fails to install this software update on your Samsung device, then close Odin tool, again boot into download mode and repeat every step again.
Finally! This is how you can update Samsung Galaxy S10e to Android 9 Pie XXU1ASE5 firmware. To confirm the same, go to Menu > Settings > About Phone. If you face any difficulty while going through the process, then do comment below.