Download Android 10 based LineageOS 17 custom ROM on OnePlus 5 cheeseburger smartphone. This year Google unveiled Android Q as the 10th version of Android OS. Google Pixel devices were the first smartphones featuring this Android 10 operating system. Soon after the update was released, the Lineage OS team began developing their famous third party custom firmware. In this easy steps guide, we’ll download and install Android Q based LineageOS 17 ROM on OnePlus 5.
LineageOS 17 is based on the latest Android 10 update. As we all know, Lineage OS is the most popular custom ROM after CyanogenMod. Almost every other smartphone supports the Lineage OS. Besides, you can get frequent Lineage OS updates with more unique and enhanced features with each update. This Lineage OS 17 update for OnePlus 5 is developed by codework, a recognized member from the CyanogenMod community. By flashing this LineageOS 17 ROM on OnePlus 5, you can experience all the latest Android Q features as well as Lineage OS 17 features.
Android Q comes with plenty of new features. Some of these include new system UI, native theme, Wi-Fi direct printing, Android studio tool, native support for specialized DNS lookups, adaptive battery with AI support, call recording tone support, and much more. Besides, the OnePlus 5 launch date in India was June 2017. Most importantly, this device was released with Android Nougat which was later upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie. However, there are quite chances that the company will never release the official Android 10 update for OnePlus 5.
Hence, in order to enjoy the Android Q update, you can now install Lineage OS 17 ROM using our easy steps guide. This Lineage OS ROM is completely stable with no bugs or issues. Unfortunately, if you come across any bugs, then don’t worry. All those issues will be wiped out as frequent updates are being rolled out for this device. Do you want the best custom ROM for OnePlus 5? Then you are in the right place.[lwptoc]
How to Install Android 10 Q LineageOS 17 ROM on OnePlus 5
Interested users may move ahead to our actual tutorial on how to install Android Q ROM on OnePlus 5 cheeseburger smartphone.
Proceed at your own risk. Neither we at Droid Thunder nor the developers of this ROM will be held responsible for any of the damage caused to your phone after following this guide.
Install this Android 10 based Lineage OS 17 ROM only on OnePlus 5 (cheeseburger). Do not flash this unofficial custom firmware on any other device or variant as it might cause permanent damage. Hence confirm your device model before going further.
- Charge your phone to at least 50% before going ahead.
- Backup your contacts, messages, apps, call logs, notes, etc. This is necessary as everything gets wiped out in the last step of this procedure.
- Install the latest OnePlus 5 USB drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging from the phone settings.
- Besides, unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 5 before moving ahead.
- Also, install TWRP custom recovery.
- Moreover, root OnePlus 5 before going further.
After doing everything as given above, go to our OnePlus 5 Android 10 ROM installation guide.
Steps to install LineageOS 17 ROM on OnePlus 5
- Connect your OnePlus 5 to PC and copy both the downloaded zip files on your mobile storage.
- If you don’t have a PC, then directly download the files on your phone.
- Power off your phone. Then boot it into TWRP recovery mode.
- For doing that, press and hold the Volume down + Power button simultaneously.
- Leave both the keys as soon as you see the TWRP logo.
- If you are not able to boot the phone into recovery, use the TWRP Manager app from Google Play Store.
- This is how you can reboot OnePlus 5 into TWRP recovery mode.
- As soon as you boot into TWRP, take Nandroid backup first. This is the backup of your entire Android OS. Refer our guide:
- After taking Nandroid backup, tap on the Wipe button from the TWRP main menu screen.
- Then swipe right to start the wiping process.
- This step will wipe out your complete phone data and settings. Hence take a backup before performing this step.
- Go back to the main screen and again select the Wipe option.
- On the next screen, select the Advanced Wipe option.
- Then select Dalvik / ART cache, System, Data, and cache partitions.
- Do not select any other partitions other than the mentioned ones.
- Now swipe right to start the wiping process.
- Let’s start the OnePlus 5 LineageOS 17 ROM installation process now.
- For doing that, select the Install option from the TWRP main menu.
- All the files and folders present on your phone storage will appear.
- Just navigate and select the downloaded LineageOS 17 ROM which you’ve copied earlier.
- On the next screen, swipe right to start the OnePlus 5 Lineage OS ROM installation process.
- The Lineage OS ROM flashing process will hardly last for a few minutes. So be patient and wait.
- Similarly, install the Google Apps (GApps) zip package file.
- Finally, everything finishes here. Simply select the Reboot > System option to restart your phone.
- The first boot will take more time to start than usual. But don’t panic as everything will be normal after a couple of boots.
I hope this guide helped you to install Android 10 Q based LineageOS 17 custom ROM on OnePlus 5 (cheeseburger) smartphone. If in case you come across any problem then without hesitation kindly contact us. We’ll help you out as soon as possible.