Making money has always been tough in the music industry. There was a time when music artists would earn by signing to a label and selling albums or concert tickets. However, nowadays, getting a record deal or fan funding seems impossible. Moreover, the pandemic has drastically affected live music band shows. So, is there any other way to earn money from music? Well, the answer is yes. If you are a music artist or a composer, then you can make easy money with stock music licensing on Audio Jungle.
Due to a competitive marketplace nowadays, it is pretty difficult for a musician to make a living from music. However, you can sell music tracks online and start earning passive income on the Audio Jungle website. This is probably the best way for a musician to build an automatic stream of income with music. Besides, if you don’t want to deal with every producer, then creating and selling stock music and soundtracks for video projects online is the best choice. In this article, I’ll guide you on how to make money with Audio Jungle dot net.
What is Stock Music?
Stock music is specifically recorded music that is written and produced for mass use. Since stock music belongs to extensive music archives, it is referred to as royalty-free, production, or library music. Such music can be used in any audiovisual project such as TV, movies, advertisements, documentaries, video games, YouTube videos, corporate productions, etc.
These are the customers that want to purchase pre-recorded, ready-made music instead of custom-made one. In simple words, Stock music is royalty-free music that you sell to customers for a one-time fee so they can use it lifetime in their projects.
Stock Music Libraries
This is a simple one-stop shop for people to buy music licenses for any project. These stock music libraries and production libraries offer different types of music that you can use almost anywhere after you’ve paid the royalties. You’ll find plenty of stock music libraries in the market. However, most of them are not for beginners.
Some production libraries only require experienced and professional musicians, whereas others that accept any musician don’t have a large audience platform. Therefore, it is difficult to make enough revenue from these music libraries if you are a beginner musician. But don’t worry, as there are two famous royalty-free stock music-selling websites that are best for a newbie musician. These websites are Audio Jungle and Pond5.
What is Audio Jungle?
Audiojungle is a sub-section of the Envato Market, a vast broader business platform offering plenty of services. Audiojungle is a music marketplace that offers pre-made music to buyers willing to pay for the license.
These buyers can further use this licensed music anywhere. Since AudioJungle has over one million audio tracks, it is probably the best platform to get noticed and reach a wider audience.
How to make Money selling Stock Music on Audio Jungle?
Follow the steps given below to earn money with Audio Jungle dot net.
1. Create an Audio Jungle account
- Visit audiojungle website.
- Click on create an Envato account.
- Add your first name, last name, and email address.
- Click on set up your Envato account.
- Now, choose your username and password for the Audio jungle account.
- Finally, click on create your Envato account.
- On the next screen, select your country, and accept the terms and conditions.
- That’s it! This is how you can successfully create your Audio Jungle Envato account.
2. Become an Author
- Click on your Envato account username.
- Then, scroll down and click on the Become an Author option.
- On the next screen, read the basics of being an author and the rules of the Audio Jungle account.
- Finally, click on I’m ready to be an Author.
3. Exclusivity Agreement
- In this section, you must select your exclusivity agreement from non-exclusive to exclusive.
- A non-exclusive agreement means you can sell the same music on Audio Jungle and any other website.
- However, Envato will charge an amount for the same. Therefore, you’ll receive less royalty upon making a sale on Audio Jungle.
- On the other hand, the exclusive agreement means you can upload your music only on Envato and no other website.
- This way, you can make double the money from every sale on Audio Jungle.
- Choose any one of the exclusivity agreements and tap on the Yes, I’m happy! Option.
4. Record high-quality tracks
- Before you upload your music and soundtracks on Audio Jungle, be sure to record them in high quality.
- This will make them more likely to be licensed by customers.
5. Upload Music on Audio Jungle
- There are two ways to upload your music to Audio Jungle.
- First, go to your AudioJungle dashboard homepage.
- Click on the Upload button.
- On the next page, browse and select the audio files that you want to upload.
- After selection, just tap on the Start Upload button to begin the music uploading process.
- The second method is to upload audio files via FTP.
- For that, create an account with an FTP service such as CyberDuck or FileZilla.
- Furthermore, connect your Audio Jungle account using your FTP client.
- Next, navigate to the audio folder and directly drag and drop your audio files in this folder.
6. Use descriptive keywords
- When uploading your music, make sure to use specific keywords that precisely describe your music.
- This will help customers find your tracks when they’re searching for specific genres or styles of music.
7. Promote your music
- Once your music and soundtracks are up on the Envato website, start promoting them to potential buyers.
- Create YouTube videos for every of your music track and add an Audio Jungle buy link in the description.
- Moreover, upload your songs on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter with a direct buy link to Audio Jungle.
- Besides, you can even do email marketing to gain new potential customers.
Make Money with Audio Jungle: Wrapping Up
Selling royalty-free music on Audio Jungle and making money has never been easier than it is today. Yes, it is a time taking process. However, with good sound engineering knowledge skills, and a little effort, you can make considerable royalties in no time!
Invest in new music equipment, sounds, and composing skills. Keep learning and uploading new audio tracks to the Envato account. With good music and marketing, you can get featured in the Author of the week section on the AudioJungle website.