Root & install CWM Recovery on Micromax Canvas Viva A72 / MTK65XX Series with this article. Till now there are no custom ROMs available for Micromax Canvas Viva A72 but there are still many reasons why to root your Android Smartphone. You can run the apps which require proper admin permissions or even remove those system applications.
Before proceeding further you must note that rooting ruins your device warranty. As everyone knows now for flashing custom ROMs, you need to root your device first and install a custom recovery like Clockworkmod or TWRP. In this article we’ll be discussing the same for Canvas Viva A72. Interested users may proceed further for the actual rooting and Clockworkmod flashing process.
Micromax Canvas Viva A72 Specification:
Micromax Canvas Viva A72 was launched back in April 2013. Furthermore, it is a simple phone with some decent features. Besides, it is a dual SIM smartphone with expandable storage capacity of 32 GB. Moreover, it runs on a 1 GHz Cortex-A9 processor and is has 512 RAM which ensures you to have a smooth scrolling experience. All the apps are processed at a quick pace and without any lag. Canvas Viva runs on a Mediatek MT6515 chipset. Its 5-inch touchscreen is quick to respond and brings a complete life into your everyday existence.
Entertainment, gaming and even simple gestures become so much better, brighter and sharper on this capacitive touchscreen. It has 3.15 MP Primary while 0.3 MP of Secondary Camera. Canvas Viva is based on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread operating system. If you are looking for a smartphone with a decent hardware, affordable price tag, a good processor and a big wide screen then Canvas Viva A72 is the phone for you. Although the phone is not that attractive when it comes to specifications however if you consider the price point, you will certainly realize that it is one of the best alternative available under INR 8K.
The procedure given below for rooting and flashing the Clockworkmod (CWM) custom recovery on your Micromax Canvas Viva A72/MTK65XX Series is risky and may permanently damage your device, if not attempted correctly. If in case your Canvas Viva A72 gets damaged or bricked by following this article then neither we nor the developers will be held responsible for that.
This process is only compatible for Micromax Canvas Viva with the model number A72. Applying this on any other device or variant may result into unwanted outcomes.
- Rooting will void your device warranty.
- Backup all your data including Contacts, SMS/MMS, call logs, notes, APN settings, etc.
- Charge your phone to 70%.
- Make sure that the Micromax Canvas Viva A72 USB drivers are installed on your PC.
- Enable the USB Debugging mode on your device.
ERoot Software. MTKDroidTools
Procedure to Root Micromax Canvas Viva A72:
- Firstly download the ERoot Software in a specific folder on your PC.
- After successfully downloading the software, connect your mobile to PC using the USB cable.
- Now launch the eroot.exe software which you’ve just downloaded.
- Click on the Root button to initiate the rooting process.
- As soon as the process completes, your phone will successfully root. You can verify the same by going to your Apps list & check whether an app named Superuser is installed on your device or not. This Superuser app helps to supervise each application which requires root access.
- Finally, you’ve successfully rooted your phone.
Steps to install CWM Recovery on Micromax Canvas Viva A72:
- Extract MTKDroidTools in a specific folder on your PC.
- Connect your Canvas Viva to PC using USB cable.
- Launch the MTKDroidTools which you’ve just downloaded.
- Now, press the Root option present on it.
- Next select the root, backup, recovery tab. Here you’ll see three options from which you need to select the ‘To use boot from phone‘ option.
- After doing as mentioned, press the Recovery and Boot button.
- To make CWM recovery automatically, press ‘Yes‘ button.
- Press ‘No‘ button when asked for flash patched boot.img.
- Press ‘Yes‘ button when asked for Install created recovery to phone.
- To verify whether recovery works or not, press ‘Yes‘ button when asked for Reload phone in recovery. This is optional.
- After the process completes successfully, it would look like this:
- Finally, you’ve successfully flashed CWM recovery on your phone.
- This method is applicable to all the Android Smartphones running Mediatek MTK65XX chipset.
Finally! You have successfully rooted & installed (CWM) Custom Recovery on Micromax Canvas Viva A72/MTK65XX Series. You can now change & view the system settings, do Nandroid backup, flash custom ROMs, wipe data/cache and do much more. If you have any doubts, queries or suggestions regarding this article then do tell me through the comment section below.