Install Android 10 update on Samsung Galaxy M30 SM-M305F smartphone. Yes, you heard it right! Finally, the official Android 10 software update is released especially for Galaxy M30. Initially, Samsung had rolled out this Android Q firmware through OTA for the famous Galaxy S10 series. Later on, the company confirmed a list of devices getting one UI 2 update.
It was expected that Samsung would release a stable Android 10 version by the end of January 2020. However, it’s quite surprising that the company has released a stable version of One UI 2.0 earlier this month. Hence, it’s a lucky day for the Galaxy M30 and M20 users, as they’ll be getting to experience the latest update before other smartphone users.
In this easy steps guide, we’ll download and flash Android 10 One UI 2.0 based M305FDDU3CSL4 firmware update on Samsung Galaxy M30 SM-M305F smartphone. This software comes with the latest Android Q features along with a few enhancements in the One UI. Most important, this update packs the Android security patch for December 2019. Isn’t it amazing!
The third variant Galaxy M30 features 6.3 inches of Infinity-U display with 1080 x 2340 pixels of resolution. Moreover, it sports Octa-core Exynos 7904 processor which gives great gaming experience. Additionally, it offers triple camera setup of 13MP wide lens, 5MP ultra-wide and 5MP of depth sensor. On the other hand, it sports 16MP of selfie camera.
Here, we’ll use Odin flash tool to install Android 10 update on Galaxy M30. Note that this is an official firmware update from Samsung and is not any third party custom ROM. It is based on the tenth Google version called Android Q with build number M305FDDU3CSL4. Here we have mentioned Samsung firmware Google Drive link for fast download. Head on to our tutorial on how to update Galaxy M30 to Android 10 given ahead.
Model Name: Samsung Galaxy M30
Model Number: SM-M305F
OS Version: Android 10 Q
Build Date: 06 December 2019
Region: India (INS)
PDA Version: M305FDDU3CSL4
CSC Version: M305FODM3CSL4
MODEM Version: M305FDDU3CSL1
The steps mentioned below are full of risk. A slight wrong move can completely damage or even brick your device. We at Droid Thunder will not be held responsible for any damage whatsoever. Most important, the firmware used is property of their respective owners.
Install this official stock ROM only on Samsung Galaxy M30 having model number SM-M305F. Flashing this software update on any other device or variant might brick your phone. Hence, confirm your mobile model before implementing anything.
- Ensure to charge your mobile to at least 60% before proceeding ahead.
- This flashing process will delete your phone data and settings. Hence, it is essential to take backup of your contacts, apps, messages, notes etc.
- In order to recognize your phone via USB cable, install Samsung USB drivers on PC.
- (Optional) Temporary disable all the security tools as well as antivirus on your PC.
Steps to install Android 10 Q on Samsung Galaxy M30:
- Extract the downloaded INS-M305FDDU3CSL4.zip file on your computer.
- Power off your Galaxy M30.
- Now boot your phone into download mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down key + Power Button simultaneously.
- Leave keys as soon as you see a warning message as shown below.
- Simply press Volume Up key to continue.
- This will boot Samsung Galaxy M30 into Download Mode.
- Connect your mobile to PC through USB cable.
- On PC, run the downloaded ‘Odin Multi Downloader3-v3.13.1′ tool.
- Ensure whether the ID: COM section in Odin tool is turned light blue or not. Also ensure if an Added message appears in the message box window or not.
- If such thing does not happen then you’ve USB driver problem. To fix this, re-install latest USB drivers. If the problem still persists, change USB cable or port.
- Further, tick Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time as shown below.
- Now we’ll add the firmware flashing files in the Odin tool. To do so, click on BL tab on the Odin flash tool. Then browse and select the firmware file with ‘BL’ in its name.
- Similarly click on CP button and select firmware file with ‘CP’ in its name.
- Then, click on CSC button and select file with ‘HOME_CSC’ in its name.
- HOME_CSC contains instruction that allows Odin to only wipe cache while Normal CSC contains an instruction to wipe out complete data. But when a downgrade is done (example: from Android Pie to Oreo) a factory reset is must. So use normal CSC at that time.
- Finally, click on AP button and select firmware file with ‘AP’ in its name.
- The AP firmware file will take more time to load. Hence be patient.
- Let’s start Samsung Galaxy M30 Android 10 update firmware flashing process. To do so, simply hit the Start button as shown below.
- This will begin the actual Android 10 Galaxy M30 firmware flashing process.
- Your phone will boot itself automatically. Do not disconnect it from PC.
- Upon completion, the ID: COM tab will change its color to green with a message ‘Pass’ on it. This will confirm that your Samsung Galaxy M30 SM-M305F is successfully upgraded to official Android 10 Q M305FDDU3CSL4 Stock firmware.
Note: If Odin fails to install this Stock ROM on your mobile, then close the Odin tool, again go into downloading mode and repeat the complete process again.
Finally! The latest official Android 10 Q DDU3CSL4 firmware is successfully flashed on your Samsung Galaxy M30 SM-M305F smartphone. In order to confirm the same, go to Menu->Settings->About Phone. Enjoy and experience the all new Android 10 features on your Galaxy M30. For any queries or suggestions, kindly contact us through the comment section.