Update Galaxy S3 GT-i9300T to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean DUUGNA4 firmware with this article. This smartphone came with Android 4.0.4 ICS which was later updated to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
And now with this detailed guide, you can install the fresh new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean DUUGNA4 firmware on your Galaxy S3 GT-i9300T. The users can also update their device to this new firmware through Samsung Kies or OTA.
As this is the latest updated firmware I recommended to update your device as fast as you could. Whenever Samsung rolls out any new update, it is always expected the firmware will have fixes for bugs, improved overall performance in OS, and or even introducing new features.
How to Update Galaxy S3 i9300T to Android 4.3 DUUGNA4 firmware
If you are ready to flash this latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean DUUGNA4 firmware on your Galaxy S3 GT-i9300T then proceed to our guide below. Meanwhile, check out the basic firmware info which is listed below.
- Model: GT-I9300T
- Model name: Galaxy S III
- Country: Australia (Vodafone)
- Version: Android 4.3
- Build date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014
- Product Code: VAU
- PDA: I9300TDUUGNA4
- CSC: I9300TVAUGNA2
- MODEM: I9300TDUUGNA2
If you’re using any type of custom ROM then it’ll get replaced by this official stock ROM. Also, the custom recoveries like CWM/TWRP will get replaced with the stock recovery and your phone will no longer be rooted. However, you can root it any time after flashing this firmware.
Read, follow and attempt every step carefully and at your own risk. If your mobile gets bricked by following this article, then neither we nor Samsung Electronics Ltd. are responsible for that.
Note that this Official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean DUUGNA4 firmware is only for Samsung Galaxy S3 with model number GT-I9300T. Don’t implement this process on any other device. It might result in unwanted outcomes or bricked devices.
- Charge your device to a minimum of 75%.
- Backup all your important data and settings, etc. before moving ahead.
- Enable the USB debugging mode on your device.
- Install the latest Samsung USB Drivers on the PC.
Steps to install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware on Galaxy S3 i9300T
- After downloading both the above files, copy and extract them in a specific folder on your PC.
- Now switch off your Galaxy S3 completely until it vibrates.
- Boot your device into downloading mode now.
- Press and hold the ‘Home Button + Volume down key + Power Button’ simultaneously until you see a warning message.
- Now press Volume Up to continue. This will land you into downloading mode.
- Keeping the phone in downloading mode itself, connect it to the PC using a USB cable.
- Now launch ‘Odin Multi Downloader3-v3.09′ software.
- As soon as you open it, the ID: COM section in it will turn blue.
- Besides, an Added message will appear in the message window.
- This will confirm that your device has been connected successfully to your PC.
- But if it doesn’t turn blue then it’s more likely to be a problem with the device drivers.
- Moreover, tick against the ‘AP’ button and navigate to the tar.md5 file from the firmware package & select it (The firmware file will look something like: I9300TDUUGNA4_I9300TVAUGNA2_VA.tar.md5).
- Wait till Odin verifies the md5 hash. If it’s successful then there won’t be any warning message.
- Tick the Auto Reboot option and F.Reset option located on the Odin window.
- Initiate the process by pressing on the Start button present on the Odin window.
- You’ll notice that your phone automatically reboots itself while going through the process.
- Make sure that you won’t remove the USB cable until the process completes, as this may interrupt it.
- Be patient until the process completes. It will hardly last for few minutes.
- As soon as it completes successfully, the ID: COM section will show a Pass message.
- This will confirm that the Official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean DUUGNA4 firmware is installed on Galaxy S3.
- You may now disconnect your phone by safely removing the USB cable.
Finally! This is how you can install the Official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean DUUGNA4 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300T. Confirm the same from Menu > Settings > About Phone. If you have any questions, then use the comment box.