Update Galaxy S8+ SM-G955FD to Android 7.0 Nougat Official Firmware. Launched in April 2017, Samsung Galaxy S8+ comes with some amazing specs and features including 6.2 inches of Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 1440 x 2960 pixels of resolution, Octa-core Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 processor.
Besides, it sports 128 GB of internal storage and 6 GB of RAM, 12-megapixel primary camera and 8 megapixel of front shooter for selfies. It also comes with various sensors including Iris scanner, fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate etc. The Galaxy S8+ was released with the latest Android 7.0 Nougat operating system.
Today in our step by step tutorial we’ll be discussing some easy steps on how to update Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955FD to Android 7.0 Nougat XXU1AQK7 firmware. This official firmware comes with various improvements in the overall performance and some newly added features as well. Let’s proceed to the easy steps mentioned below on how to update Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955FD to Android 7.0 XXU1AQK7 Nougat firmware.
Model name: GALAXY S8+
Version: Android 7.0 Nougat
Build date: November 27, 17
Product Code: INS
Flashing this official Android 7.0 XXU1AQK7 Nougat firmware is quite risky. To implement the procedure mentioned below carefully without any mistake. If something goes wrong and your phone gets bricked or damaged after following these steps then we at Droid Thunder will not be held liable for that.
This official Android 7.0 XXU1AQK7 Nougat firmware update is only for Samsung Galaxy S8+ with the model number SM-G955FD. Do not try to install this firmware update on any other device or variant. It might result in unwanted outcomes or bricked phones.
- You require a windows PC and a standard USB cable.
- Charge your phone to a minimum of 50%.
- Backup your important phone data for safety.
- Enable USB debugging mode from your mobile settings.
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your computer.
Steps to install Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy S8+
- Firstly download and extract both the above files to a convenient location on your computer.
- Then switch off your Galaxy S8+ completely.
- Now, boot your phone into downloading mode.
- Then keeping the phone in download mode, connect it to your computer using a USB cable.
- Go to the downloaded folder on your computer and launch the downloaded ‘Odin Multi Downloader3-v3.12.7′ software which you’ve just received after extraction.
- As you launch it, the ID: COM section located at the top left corner will turn light blue.
- Also, an Added message will appear in the message box window.
- If such a thing doesn’t happen then it’s more likely to be a problem with the mobile-specific drivers. So just confirm whether you’ve properly installed the mobile specific drivers on your computer or not.
- Then click on the Options tab located on the Odin window and tick the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options.
- Tick only these two options and keep all the other options as they are.
- Do not tick the Re-partition option as it may increase the risk of bricking your device.
- Now, click on the AP button present on the Odin window and browse to the firmware package file which you’ve downloaded (G955FXXU1AQK7_G955FOXM1AQK7_G955FXXU1AQK7_HOME.tar.md5) and select it.
- Everything completes here. Just initiate the firmware flashing process now.
- For that, hit the Start button present on the Odin window.
- While the process goes on, your phone will boot itself automatically.
- Do not disconnect the micro USB cable from PC as it will interrupt the firmware flashing process.
- Relax and wait until the firmware flashing process completes.
- When the process completes successfully, the ID: COM section on the Odin window will turn green with the message ‘Pass’ on it.
- On the other hand, your Galaxy S8+ will automatically restart itself.
- Now you can disconnect your phone from the computer by safely removing the micro USB cable.
- If this flashing process fails, then close the Odin window.
- Again go into downloading mode and repeat the procedure.
Awesome! The latest official Android 7.0 XXU1AQK7 Nougat firmware has been successfully flashed on your Samsung Galaxy S8+ SM-G955FD smartphone. Just navigate to Menu > Settings > About Phone to confirm the same. Enjoy the newly added Android Nougat features on your Galaxy S8+. Finally, if you come across any difficulty while implementing this process, then feel free to inform me through the comments section given below.