Galaxy A20 is a new addition to the Samsung Galaxy A series. This makes it a fourth member to the already launched Galaxy A10, Galaxy A30, and Galaxy A50 smartphones. Samsung Galaxy A20 price in India starts from Rs.12,490 with some amazing specs and features. Talking about Galaxy A20 specifications, it comes with Exynos 7885 soc with a dual-core 2.2 GHz & Hexa-core 1.8 GHz processor.
The device features a full HD 6.4 inches of Infinity-V Display with 720 x 1560 pixels of resolution. You will find a detailed Galaxy A20 review on the internet with mixed opinions from different users. Furthermore, the Galaxy A20 mobile sports 32 GB of internal memory with 3 GB of RAM. Moreover, it also features an amazing dual camera setup of 13+5 megapixel on the back.
Whereas, on the front, it sports an 8-megapixel shooter for selfies. As far as the battery is concerned, it has a non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery. On the contrary, the Samsung Galaxy A20 launch date in India and worldwide was April 2019. You can buy Galaxy A20 on sale from 8th April 2019 via the Samsung online store.
With such specs, there is no doubt that Samsung Galaxy A20 will give tough competition to Redmi Note 7 and Realme U1 smartphones. In this guide, we will download and install the latest official Android 9 Pie Stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy A20 SM-A205F. This firmware is based on Android version 9 Pie with build number A205FXXU1ASC3.
We will use the Odin3-v3.13.1 flash tool to manually install this Pie ROM file on the computer. Note that this is an Indian OTA update with April 2019 security patch. If you have rooted Galaxy A20, or installed custom ROM on Galaxy A20, then you can restore or go back to Stock ROM using this tutorial.
Model Name: Samsung Galaxy A20
Model Number: SM-A205F
OS Version: Android 9 Pie
Build Date: 04 March, 2019
Country: India (INS)
PDA Version: A205FXXU1ASC3
CSC Version: A205FODM1ASC6
MODEM Version: A205FDDU1ASC6
The process mentioned below is risky. We at Droid Thunder will not be held liable for any damage caused to your device by referring to this guide. Furthermore, the Samsung firmware used is the property of their respective owners.
Flash this software update only on Samsung Galaxy A20 having model number SM-A205F. If you try to install this update on any other device or variant, then it might brick your phone. Therefore, confirm your device model number before moving ahead.
- To avoid any interruption, it is recommended to charge your device at least 50%.
- Take backup of contacts, apps, messages, call logs, notes, etc.
- Enable USB debugging mode from the mobile settings.
- Also, install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- (Optional) Temporary disable all the security tools as well as antivirus on your PC.
Steps to install Android 9 Pie on Samsung Galaxy A20
- Extract the INS-A205FXXU1ASC3.zip firmware file on your PC.
- Switch off your mobile completely until it vibrates.
- Boot your phone into downloading mode.
- For that, press and hold Volume Down key + Power Button simultaneously.
- Leave both the keys as soon as you see the following warning message.
- Simply press the Volume Up button to continue.
- This is how you can boot your device into download mode.
- With USB cable, connect your mobile to PC.
- Open the ‘Odin Multi Downloader3-v3.13.1′ tool.
- Verify whether the ID: COM section in Odin flash tool is turned light blue or not.
- Also, verify if an Added message is shown in the message box window or not.
- If such a thing doesn’t happen then it’s a problem with mobile drivers.
- Hence fix USB device not recognized error on your computer.
- Check Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options. Keep the rest of the options as they are.
- Click on the BL button present on Odin and select the ‘BL’ file from the extracted firmware package.
- Similarly, click on the CP button and select the ‘CP’ file from the firmware package.
- Next click on the CSC button and open firmware file with ‘HOME_CSC’ in its name.
- HOME_CSC contains instruction that allows Odin to only wipe cache while Normal CSC contains an instruction to wipe out complete data. But when a downgrade is done (example: from Pie back to Nougat) a factory reset is a must. So use normal CSC at that time.
- Finally, click on the AP button and select the ‘AP’ file from the firmware package.
- The AP file will take little time to load. So do not panic.
- We will begin the process now. Hence, press Start button present on the Odin flash tool.
- This will start the actual Android 9.0 Pie firmware flashing process.
- Your mobile will restart automatically. Do not disconnect it from the computer.
- As soon as the flashing finishes, the ID: COM section will show a Pass message.
- This will confirm that your Samsung Galaxy A20 SM-A205F is successfully upgraded to official Android 9 Pie A205FXXU1ASC3 firmware.
- If Odin fails to install this software update on your Samsung device, then close Odin tool, again boot into download mode and repeat every step again.
Finally! The official Android 9.0 Pie XXU1ASC3 stock firmware update is successfully flashed on the Samsung Galaxy A20 SM-A205F smartphone. Go to Menu > Settings > About Phone and confirm the same. If you come across any difficulty, please comment below.