Update Samsung Galaxy Note 10 to Android 10 Stock ROM. Soon after releasing Android 10 update for Galaxy M20 and M30, Samsung has now started rolling out the stable Android 10 especially for Galaxy Note 10 users. In this easy steps tutorial, we’ll guide you to download and update Samsung Galaxy Note 10 SM-N970F running Android Pie to the latest official Android 10 Q firmware. This latest OTA update comes with One UI 2.0 build with December 2019 security patch.
Earlier, this Android 10 update was available only in Germany. But now many Indian users are receiving this update through OTA. If you have still not received this firmware, then don’t worry as using our easy steps guide, you can manually flash Android 10 on Galaxy Note 10. Moreover, if you’ve rooted your phone or installed custom ROM, and want to regain back default Stock firmware, then this tutorial will help you do so.
Along with Germany and India, users from Italy, Nicaragua, Israel, Trinidad, Greece and Netherlands are also receiving Android Q. Besides, this update comes with One UI 2.0 in addition to all the new Android 10 features. To be specific, some Android Q features include elegant navigation gestures, new build-in screen recorder, improved face recognition, slow motion in selfie videos, and some major UI changes.
The Galaxy Note brand is famous for delivering big sized screens with flagship features. And the Galaxy Note 10 is no different. Some amazing Samsung Galaxy Note 10 specification includes a massive Infinity-O display with 1080 x 2280 pixels of resolution. Additionally, the new S Pen’s hallmark feature can now convert handwriting to text with ease. Moreover, the text file can be sent to Word document or PDF file in one action.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 price in India 2019 starts at Rs. 69,999 onward. Even though this device own unbelievable specs, you can enhance them more by flashing this latest Android 10 software update. Note that this is an official OTA update from Samsung. Hence, we’ll use Odin in order to install stock ROM on Galaxy Note 10. Besides, this firmware is based on Android version 10 Q with build number N970FXXU1BSL7.
Model Name: Samsung Galaxy Note 10
Model Number: SM-N970F
OS Version: Android 10 Q
Build Date: 10 December 2019
Country: India (INS)
PDA Version: N970FXXU1BSL7
CSC Version: N970FOXM1BSL7
MODEM Version: N970FXXU1BSL4
Go further at your own risk. We at Droid Thunder will not be held liable for any damage whatsoever. Moreover, the Samsung firmware used ahead is property of their respective owners.
This Android 10 update must be installed on Samsung Galaxy Note 10 with model number SM-N970F. Do NOT flash this Stock ROM on any other device or variant, as it might damage your mobile.
- Charge your phone’s battery to 50% or more in order to avoid any interruption.
- Backup your contacts, apps, messages, call logs, notes etc. This is highly essential as your data and settings will get wiped out in this flashing process.
- To detect your mobile when connected via USB cable, install Samsung USB drivers on PC.
- (Optional) Temporary disable all the security tools as well as antivirus on your computer.
Steps to install Android 10 on Samsung Galaxy Note 10 :
- Extract the downloaded zip file on your PC.
- Power off your phone and boot it into downloading mode.
- For that, press and hold Volume Down key + Power key simultaneously.
- Leave both the keys as soon as you see a warning message.
- Hit Volume Up button to continue.
- Connect your phone to PC via USB cable.
- Launch the downloaded Odin flash tool.
- Furthermore, confirm whether the ID: COM section turns light blue or not. Also confirm if an Added message appears or not.
- If such thing doesn’t happen then re-install Samsung USB drivers. If the problem still persists, change USB cable or USB port.
- Check Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options.
- Do NOT tick any other options than the mentioned ones.
- We’ll add the firmware files in the Odin tool now. Firstly, tap the BL button present on Odin window. Then browse and select ‘BL’ file from the extracted firmware package.
- Similarly, tap on CP and select firmware file with CP in its name.
- Next, hit the CSC button and select firmware file with ‘HOME_CSC’ in its name.
- HOME_CSC contains instruction that allows Odin to only wipe cache while Normal CSC contains an instruction to wipe out complete data. But when a downgrade is done (example: from Q back to Nougat) a factory reset is must. So use normal CSC at that time.
- Finally, hit the AP tab and open ‘AP’ file from the firmware package.
- The AP file will take more time to load. So wait.
- Let’s begin Android 10 Galaxy Note 10 firmware flashing process now. For that, press Start button on the Odin window.
- This will initiate the actual firmware installation process.
- Your phone will automatically reboot itself. Do not disconnect USB cable until the process completes.
- As soon as the installation finishes, the ID: COM section will show a Pass message. This will confirm that your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 SM-N970F is successfully upgraded to official Android 10 N970FXXU1BSL7 firmware.
- If Odin tool fails, then close everything, again boot your phone into download mode and repeat the entire process again.
Finally! You’ve successfully updated Samsung Galaxy Note 10 SM-N970F to the latest official Android 10 XXU1BSL7 stock firmware update. To verify it, go to Menu->Settings->About Phone. Be free to ask your queries in the comment box below.