Update Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 to Android 4.0.4 ICS XXBNE2 firmware. This is the latest Indian firmware announced for S duos in June 2014. This dual SIM device runs on a 1 GHz Cortex A5 processor with a 4 GB of internal memory.
The 5-megapixel camera that this device has can capture all your best moments perfectly. Having such good features Galaxy S Duos is a perfect phone for Android development. That’s the reason there are many custom ROMs launched by third-party developers for the same.
But there is always a risk while flashing these unofficial ROMs. They can even brick your phone and thus make it useless. So flashing an official firmware is always the best option when you face any kind of trouble via custom ROMs or kernels.
This Android 4.0.4 Ice cream Sandwich XXBNE2 firmware is also available on Samsung Kies. This latest build fixes issues related to the camera app, settings, flashlight, connectivity has all the tweaks and improvements as compared with the earlier ones.
Before applying this update, if your device has root access then the same can be revoked and your phones warranty can also be regained back. The detailed information of this Android 4.0.4 Ice cream sandwich based XXBNE2 firmware is given below.
How to Update Galaxy S Duos to Android 4.0.4 S7562XXBNE2 firmware
You can flash this update through Samsung Kies or manually install through the detailed guide given below. If you’re having any custom ROM installed on your phone then it’ll get replaced by this official stock ROM.
Also, the custom recoveries like CWM/TWRP will get replaced with the official android stock recovery. Your phone will no longer belong as a rooted device. However, you can root it any time after flashing this firmware.
If you are interested in flashing the latest Android 4.0.4 XXBNE2 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 then proceed to the actual guide given below.
- Model name: Galaxy S Duos
- Country: India
- Version: Android 4.0.4
- Build date: 2014 June
- Product Code: INS
- PDA: S7562XXBNE2
- CSC: S7562ODDBNE1
- MODEM: S7562DDBNE1
This procedure to flash Android 4.0.4 Ice cream Sandwich XXBNE2 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S duos S7562 is risky. Hence, perform everything correctly and at your own risk. If your mobile gets bricked, then neither we nor Samsung Electronics Ltd. will be held responsible for that.
Note that this Official Android 4.0.4 ICS XXBNE2 firmware is launched only for Samsung Galaxy S Duos bearing the model number GT-S7562. If you try to implement to flash this firmware on any other device or variant then it may result into unwanted outcomes or bricked device.
- Charge your Android device to a minimum of 65%.
- Backup your device before going ahead.
- Enable the USB debugging mode on your phone.
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your computer.
Steps to update Samsung Galaxy S Duos to Android 4.0.4 firmware
- Download both the zip files given above on your PC and extract them in a specific folder.
- Now switch off your Galaxy S duos completely until it vibrates.
- You need to enter into downloading mode now.
- Press and hold ‘Home Button + Volume down key + Power Button’ simultaneously.
- Now just press Volume Up to continue.
- This will directly land you into downloading mode.
- Keeping the device in downloading mode itself, connect it to PC using USB cable.
- Now launch ‘Odin Multi Downloader v3.09′ software.
- As soon as you open it, the ID:COM section of Odin will turn light blue.
- Also, an Added message will appear in the message box window.
- This will confirm that the connection between PC and phone has been established successfully.
- Tick the Auto Reboot option and F.Reset option located on the Odin software.
- Now, tick against ‘AP’ button and navigate to the tar.md5 file from the firmware package & select it (The firmware file may look something like: S7562XXBNE2_S7562ODDBNE1_INS.tar.md5).
- Wait till Odin verifies the md5 hash. If it’s successful then there won’t be any warning message.
- After doing everything as mentioned above, initiate the flashing process by clicking on the Start button located on the Odin software.
- This will actually start the process and your phone will automatically reboot itself.
- Do not interrupt the process by removing the USB cable.
- Be patient until the process completes fully. It will hardly last for few minutes.
- As soon as it completes, you’ll see that the ID: COM section will show a Pass message.
- This will confirm that you have properly flashed the Official Android 4.0.4 ICS XXBNE2 firmware on your Galaxy S Duos S7562.
- The process completes here. So you may now disconnect your phone by safely removing the USB cable.
Note: If the process fails, then close the Odin window. Again reboot into download mode and repeat everything.
Finally! The latest Android 4.0.4 Ice cream Sandwich XXBNE2 firmware is successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy S Duos GT-S7562. You can confirm it by navigating to Menu > Settings > About Phone. Enjoy this completely new and Android 4.0.4 ICS full feature packed firmware on your device. Don’t forget to share your views and opinions after using it.
1 thought on “Update Samsung Galaxy S Duos to Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware”
Thank you very much. you saved my phone