In this guide, we’ll install Android 9 Pie-based INS-A505FDDU2ASG4 on Galaxy A50. Because of the increased competition of mid-range smartphones in the Indian market, Samsung has introduced its all-new Galaxy A series. With this new lineup, the company is ready to give tough competition to its rivals like Huawei, Xiaomi and Oppo, etc.
In 2019, Samsung has released six new low-cost models including the famous Galaxy M series. In this guide, we’ll install Stock firmware, especially on Samsung Galaxy A50 SM-A505F smartphone. On the contrary, if you compare Galaxy A50 vs M40, this A series smartphone wins in all aspects including camera as well as performance.
Related: How to Root Samsung Galaxy A50
In this tutorial, we’ll download and manually flash the latest official Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy A50 SM-A505F. This firmware is based on Android version 9 Pie with build number A505FDDU2ASG4. Most important, this is an Indian OTA update with July 2019 security patch. If you want to restore or go back to Stock ROM on your Galaxy A50, then proceed to our easy steps guide mentioned below.
Samsung Galaxy A50 Specifications
Talking about the Galaxy A50 features, it offers 2.3GHz Octa-core Exynos 9610 processor. Additionally, it sports 6.4 inches of Infinity-U display with 1080 x 2340 pixels of resolution. In particular, it comes in two variants, Galaxy A50 6 GB RAM 128GB storage and Galaxy A50 4GB RAM 64GB storage. Some of the more Galaxy A50 specification includes non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery with fast charging support, triple camera setup of 25 + 8 + 5 megapixel on the rear. Whereas, on the front, it offers a 25-megapixel selfie shooter. You’ll see detailed Galaxy A50 review on the web with mixed opinions from users. With such specs, there is no doubt that Galaxy A50 is ready to give a hard reply to its competitors.
Model Name: Samsung Galaxy A50
Model Number: SM-A505F
OS Version: Android 9 Pie
Build Date: 19 July, 2019
Country: India (INS)
PDA Version: A505FDDU2ASG4
CSC Version: A505FODM2ASG4
MODEM Version: A505FXXU2ASG1
Proceed with caution. The firmware installation process involves risk. If unfortunately your Galaxy A50 is damaged or bricked, then we at Droid Thunder will not be held liable for that. Most important, the Samsung firmware used below is the property of their respective owners.
This software update is only for Samsung Galaxy A50 with model number SM-A505F. If you try to flash this ROM on any other device or variant, then it might cause permanent damage.
- It is recommended to charge your phone at least 50%.
- Take a backup of your contacts, apps, messages, call logs, notes, etc.
- Enable USB debugging mode from your mobile settings.
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- (Optional) Temporary disable all the security tools as well as antivirus on your PC.
Steps to install Android 9 Pie on Samsung Galaxy A50
- Extract the INS-A505FDDU2ASG4.zip firmware file on your PC.
- Switch off your phone and boot it into downloading mode.
- For doing so, press and hold Volume Down key + Power Button simultaneously.
- Let go of both the keys as soon as you see a warning message.
- Just press the Volume Up button to continue.
- This is how you can boot your device into download mode.
- Now using a USB cable, connect your phone to the computer.
- Open the ‘Odin Multi Downloader3-v3.13.1′ tool.
- Confirm whether the ID: COM section is turned light blue or not.
- Also, confirm if an Added message is showing in the message box window or not.
- If such a thing doesn’t happen, that means your phone is not recognized by the PC.
- For that, fix the USB device not recognized error on your computer.
- Tick Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options.
- Do not tick Nand Erase or Re-Partition options as it might brick your phone.
- Tap on the BL button on the Odin window and select the ‘BL’ file from the extracted firmware package.
- Similarly, click on the CP tab and open the ‘CP’ file from the firmware package.
- Next tap on the CSC button and select the firmware file with ‘HOME_CSC’ in its name.
- HOME_CSC contains instruction that allows Odin to only wipe cache while Normal CSC contains an instruction to wipe out complete data. But when a downgrade is done (example: from Pie back to Nougat) a factory reset is a must. So use normal CSC at that time
- Lastly, tap on the AP button and select the ‘AP’ file from the firmware package.
- The AP file will take little time to load. So be patient.
- Let’s initiate the firmware installation process now.
- For doing the same, press the Start button present on the Odin flash tool.
- This will start the actual Android 9.0 Pie firmware installation process.
- Your phone will restart automatically.
- Do not disconnect it from the PC.
- As soon as the installation finishes, the ID: COM section will show a Pass message.
- This will confirm that your phone is successfully upgraded to official Android 9 Pie A505FDDU2ASG4 firmware.
- If Odin fails to install this software update on your Samsung device, then close Odin tool, again boot into download mode and repeat procedure again.
Finally! You’ve successfully updated the Samsung Galaxy A50 SM-A505F smartphone to the latest official Android 9.0 Pie DDU2ASG4 stock firmware update. To verify the same, navigate to Menu > Settings > About Phone. For any queries or suggestions, kindly comment below.