Recently Samsung launched the all-new Galaxy S10 trio series: S10, S10+, and S10e. Out of which, Samsung Galaxy S10 is a normal-sized phone; not as big as S10+, and not too compact as S10e. Samsung Galaxy S10 price in India starts from Rs.59,990 onward. You can easily buy Galaxy S10 on Amazon or Flipkart for special offers.
If you compare Samsung Galaxy S10 vs OnePlus 7 Pro; you’ll notice many positive points especially for the Samsung device. Galaxy S10 launch date in India was 6th march 2019. After which users went crazy for this phone. Samsung recently rolled out the latest Galaxy S10 update via OTA. This stock firmware update comes with an all-new Night mode as well as some improved functions.
In this guide, we’ll download and install official Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy S10 SM-G973F. This software update is based on Android version 9 Pie with build number G973FXXU1ASE5. We will use the Odin3-v3.13.1 flash tool to manually install this Indian INS Pie ROM file. The OTA update is already released for the carrier-locked Galaxy S10 models in the United States.
It was first released for the Galaxy S10e, S10, and S10+ Sprint variant smartphones. Note that this is an Indian OTA update with May 2019 security patch. If you have installed custom ROM, then you can restore or go back to the original Stock ROM using this guide. We’ll soon post an article on how to root Samsung Galaxy S10 and install TWRP recovery. So stay tuned.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Specifications
This latest flagship smartphone is giving tough competition to the recently released OnePlus 7 Pro and Huawei P30 Pro. Talking about Galaxy S10 specs, it offers 6.1 inches of display with 1440 x 3040 pixels of resolution. Moreover, it includes the Exynos 9820 Qualcomm Snapdragon processor. Due to its huge popularity, there are many Galaxy S10 reviews and unboxing videos available on YouTube.
Furthermore, the Galaxy S10 features 512 GB of internal storage with 8 GB of RAM. Also, it comes with a triple camera setup of 12 + 12 + 16 MP on the rear. While on the front, it offers 10 MP selfie camera. Galaxy S10 colors include Prism Black, Prism White, and Prism Blue. Out of which, I personally liked Prism Black. As long as the battery is concerned, it sports non-removable Li-Ion 3400 mAh battery with wireless charging support.
Model Name: Samsung Galaxy S10
Model Number: SM-G973F
OS Version: Android 9 Pie
Build Date: 18 May, 2019
Country: India (INS)
PDA Version: G973FXXU1ASE5
CSC Version: G973FOXM1ASE5
MODEM Version: G973FXXU1ASE5
Proceed at your own risk. We at Droid Thunder will not be held liable for any damage caused to your phone. Also, the Samsung firmware used below is the property of their respective owners.
It is strongly recommended to install this software update only on Samsung Galaxy S10 having model number SM-G973F. If you try to flash this Stock ROM on any other device or variant, then it might cause permanent damage.
- Charge your phone at least 50%.
- Take a complete backup of contacts, apps, messages, call logs, notes, etc.
- Enable USB debugging mode from the settings.
- Also, install Samsung USB Drivers on your computer.
- (Optional) Temporary disable all the security tools as well as antivirus on your PC.
Steps to install Android 9 Pie on Samsung Galaxy S10
- Extract the INS-G973FXXU1ASE5.zip firmware file on your PC.
- Power off your S10 and boot it into download mode.
- For doing so, press and hold Volume Down key + Power Button simultaneously.
- Leave both the keys as soon as you see the following warning message.
- Just press the Volume Up button to continue.
- This is how you can boot your phone into download mode.
- Using a USB cable, connect your S10 to PC.
- Launch the ‘Odin Multi Downloader3-v3.13.1′ tool.
- Now confirm whether the ID: COM section is turned light blue or not.
- Also, verify if an Added message is shown in the message box window or not.
- If such a thing doesn’t happen then it’s a problem with mobile drivers. Hence fix USB device not recognized error.
- Tick Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options.
- On the Odin tool, click on the BL button and select the ‘BL’ file from the extracted firmware package.
- Similarly, click on the CP button and select the ‘CP’ file from the firmware package.
- Next, click on the CSC button and select the firmware file with ‘HOME_CSC’ in its name.
- HOME_CSC contains instruction that allows Odin to only wipe cache while Normal CSC contains an instruction to wipe out complete data. But when a downgrade is done (example: from Pie back to Nougat) a factory reset is a must. So use normal CSC at that time.
- Then, click on the USERDATA button and select the file with ‘USERDATA’ in its name.
- Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Finally, click on the AP button and select the ‘AP’ file from the firmware package.
- The AP file will take little time to load.
- So wait and be patient.
- Let’s initiate the flashing process now.
- So, hit the Start button present on the Odin flash tool.
- This will begin the actual Android 9 Pie firmware installation process.
- Your phone will restart automatically.
- Do not disconnect it from the PC.
- As soon as the installation finishes, the ID: COM section will show a Pass message.
- This will confirm that your Samsung Galaxy S10 SM-G973F is successfully upgraded to official Android 9 Pie XXU1ASE5 firmware.
- If Odin fails to install this software update on your Samsung device, then close Odin tool, again boot into download mode and repeat the complete procedure again.
Finally! The official Android 9.0 Pie XXU1ASE5 stock firmware update is successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy S10 SM-G973F smartphone. To verify the same, navigate to Menu > Settings > About Phone. Enjoy the newly added Night mode with the update. Also, if you face any issues while going through this process, then do comment below.